Give Dclass longbow and riot shield :) - Denied

Rex Velvet

Give dclass longbow?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dclass get permission to use the riot shield and longbow in light of how beneficial elixirs are to those who have access?

• Yes
    • No

What are you suggesting? - Allow dclass to use the longbow and riot shield

How would this change better the server? - Its finally time to push my true agenda, giving dclass access and permission to use the longbow and riot shield. I get that when these were introduced, there werent things like elixirs that buff hp to 1000+. I'm not on the server rn, so I cant speak to how prevalent hp like this is besides zefer saying elixir is abused alot in another post. I get that dclass are to be at a disadvantage as well, but I honestly dont think its going to tip the balance in our favor, we would still be at a heavy disadvantage against mtf (who are in dblock often) and gensec with 1000+ hp.

You're in a high security prison!

If you can suspend disbelief for plague doctors being immortal and a lizard that cant die, but not for dclass getting their hands on a sniper rifle and riot shield then I have nothing to say besides we can already craft galils in mines out of ruby, iron, and some other mats.

Its too OP!

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/MXr98gRj7ISBr/kH5HKf47HzX5?invite=cr-MSw1ZUksMjY1NDMzMzEs 

again I cant say how frequent it is, but in the post below, zefer says its abused alot, so I imagine quite common.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Nothing besides upsetting a select few who play the server

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Dclass

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

+support

W Suggestion 

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

-Support

D-Class do not need a riot shield and a sniper that can 1 shot almost every Security job. The riot shield is for combatants that are CI or foundation, it makes no sense for D-Class to use it. The longbow is a sniper in the same state, no reason that D-Class need a sniper that strong.

-support  

first of all the elixir is very likely to get nerfed soon because it honestly makes no sense for to be as op as it is right now 

second of all d-class don't need access to weapons that can deal 400 damage and a shield that can block all weapons 

third of all d-class are already a lot more overpowered than they should be for example buying an infinite amount of weapon shipments being able to buy branch boosts and d-class ccs having access to a pretty big arsenal of permanent weapons that they spawn with and having as much hp and armor as security enlisted these are just a few of the examples of the already overpowered things d-class have access to other than that d-class shouldn't be full on military branch they are supposed to be prisoners' of the foundation as it stands right they are already a lot more overpowered than they should and the d-class branch serves no purpose other than to interrupt role play and ruin the experience for a lot of the other branches on the server giving d-class access to these items will only serve to destroy the role play experience farther than it already is     

3 minutes ago, lookatdatface said:

-support  

first of all the elixir is very likely to get nerfed soon because it honestly makes no sense for to be as op as it is right now 

second of all d-class don't need access to weapons that can deal 400 damage and a shield that can block all weapons 

third of all d-class are already a lot more overpowered than they should be for example buying an infinite amount of weapon shipments being able to buy branch boosts and d-class ccs having access to a pretty big arsenal of permanent weapons that they spawn with and having as much hp and armor as security enlisted these are just a few of the examples of the already overpowered things d-class have access to other than that d-class shouldn't be full on military branch they are supposed to be prisoners' of the foundation as it stands right they are already a lot more overpowered than they should and the d-class branch serves no purpose other than to interrupt role play and ruin the experience for a lot of the other branches on the server giving d-class access to these items will only serve to destroy the role play experience farther than it already is     

24 minutes ago, Hex-G said:

-Support

D-Class do not need a riot shield and a sniper that can 1 shot almost every Security job. The riot shield is for combatants that are CI or foundation, it makes no sense for D-Class to use it. The longbow is a sniper in the same state, no reason that D-Class need a sniper that strong.

The most Longbow does is 350 for a headshot, and with hit reg and hitboxes being the way they are, it will most likely be in the range of 150 with torso, 80ish with limb while the contender is 280ish with a headshot, 120 torso, 30 limb. The differences here arent that significant. Secondly, I do agree that your low rank gensec will be ultimately caught in the crossfire between Dclass and any other gensec/mtf, but I dont think its going to be as bad as you guys think. The best defense is situational awareness and its no contest then. Additionall longbow is not nearly as overpowered as ppl think, anyone with 275+ hp and ap can survive all but a headshot. Thirdly, a nerf to elixir sounds fine, just depends on what it looks like after. Finally, I would not call dclass overpowered at all, the guns we can buy are mid at best.

4 minutes ago, Rex Velvet said:

The most Longbow does is 350 for a headshot, and with hit reg and hitboxes being the way they are, it will most likely be in the range of 150 with torso, 80ish with limb while the contender is 280ish with a headshot, 120 torso, 30 limb. The differences here arent that significant. Secondly, I do agree that your low rank gensec will be ultimately caught in the crossfire between Dclass and any other gensec/mtf, but I dont think its going to be as bad as you guys think. The best defense is situational awareness and its no contest then. Additionall longbow is not nearly as overpowered as ppl think, anyone with 275+ hp and ap can survive all but a headshot. Thirdly, a nerf to elixir sounds fine, just depends on what it looks like after. Finally, I would not call dclass overpowered at all, the guns we can buy are mid at best.

for what d-class are supposed to be they are way too overpowered and have access to way too much weaponry than they should  

1 hour ago, lookatdatface said:

for what d-class are supposed to be they are way too overpowered and have access to way too much weaponry than they should  

Yeah, for high security prisoners they are, but I have seen 682 run from 3 stf with volks because he got 2k hp shredded in about 5 seconds. Dclass fight MTF just as much as gensec. MTF have volks, cheytac, freedom SR, and probably more, I dont think dclass getting access to riot shield and longbow would be a terrible offset from the current status quo. At this rate they either nerf elixir into the dirt, or buff everything else to prevent this from becoming mtfrp.

Edited by Rex Velvet

+Support, honestly, the elixiers are a very rich recent addition, and it would be a shame if we would be removing them,

And Elixiers are currently common, in my last 3 hours of gaming, I saw at least 5 people with over 1000 health and armor, thanks to Elixiers. Giving D-Class stronger weapons to balance it out a bit is only fair, it’s a game after all and we should make it as balanced as possible, while ensuring everyone has fun. 

1 hour ago, Rex Velvet said:

Yeah, for high security prisoners they are, but I have seen 682 run from 3 stf with volks because he got 2k hp shredded in about 5 seconds. Dclass fight MTF just as much as gensec. MTF have volks, cheytac, freedom SR, and probably more, I dont think dclass getting access to riot shield and longbow would be a terrible offset from the current status quo. At this rate they either nerf elixir into the dirt, or buff everything else to prevent this from becoming mtfrp.

Those are custom weapons for the Special forces. They are good guns that are extremely limited. The elixir system is also going to be fixed very soon. The people who are abusing it will be punished.

These are not reasons to give D-Class a sniper that can 1 shot 90% of Security and 75% of MTF Nu-7 and D5

42 minutes ago, Hex-G said:

Those are custom weapons for the Special forces. They are good guns that are extremely limited. The elixir system is also going to be fixed very soon. The people who are abusing it will be punished.

These are not reasons to give D-Class a sniper that can 1 shot 90% of Security and 75% of MTF Nu-7 and D5

To each their own

On 12/20/2022 at 5:55 PM, Hex-G said:

-Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

- Support

Please use your brain, how is Gensec able to fight back to D class with the rly one of the best snipers in game and they have no NLR.

D class riots would happen way to often and it would also ruin the RP for non combatant branches. 

Username: Stryker

On 12/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, Hex-G said:

-Support

Very bad idea - Support

3 hours ago, Stryker_ said:

Please use your brain, how is Gensec able to fight back to D class with the rly one of the best snipers in game and they have no NLR.

you know that's impossible stryker! once you enter the gaminglight Secure contain protect roleplay server you can no longer access your brain!

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

On 12/20/2022 at 2:55 PM, Hex-G said:

-Support

The sniper has horrible range if your more than 3 feet away it does 200 to a headshot it might as well be a shot gun.

EVERY sniper one shots d class no matter where they are hit. 

Basically every d-class weapon has been recently nerfed tommy gun, Tec 9, G2 Contender, ext. I don't see the shotgun sniper being harmful considering people now have 1k hp with the elixir.

If gensec didn't notice the map was changed (again) to give gensec a MASSIVE Advantage against D-Class with nerf guns. your spawn is in d-block if I'm not wrong with 2 minute nlr to boot. Yeh sure they might not have NLR but they get one shotted by basically everything and they aren't coordinated like gensec.

+SUPPORT 

Edited by [GL] Fryingpan36

7 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

The sniper has horrible range if your more than 3 feet away it does 200 to a headshot it might as well be a shot gun.

EVERY sniper one shots d class no matter where they are hit. 

Basically every d-class weapon has been recently nerfed tommy gun, Tec 9, G2 Contender, ext. I don't see the shotgun sniper being harmful considering people now have 1k hp with the elixir.

If gensec didn't notice the map was changed (again) to give gensec a MASSIVE Advantage against D-Class with nerf guns. your spawn is in d-block if I'm not wrong with 2 minute nlr to boot. Yeh sure they might not have NLR but they get one shotted by basically everything and they aren't coordinated like gensec.

+SUPPORT 

Ppl don't have 1k health anymore, we made a rule to restrict Elexir's usage.

Edited by Avalon Levi

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

-Support
For all intense and purposes longbow is maybe an Okay for D-Class but the riot shield is ridiculous to be given to D-Class, would throw the balance off for Security completely and make it way to difficult to contain D-Block

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

On 12/20/2022 at 5:31 PM, Rex Velvet said:

Longbow does 374 to the head, 187 to the body and 46.8 to limbs, the contender does 195.5 to the head, 97.8 to the body, and 24.4 to limbs, that is a huge difference, the only security jobs that can survive a longbow headshot are SCMD+, Wardens Praetor, and HIRU. D class still take over d block a lot, and it is supposed to be security sided. As a person who plays on d class and riots a lot, this is too much

-Support

Former Ranks: Medical AHOMSSEC Major AJG WL LucillaD5 Vice CommanderCI R&D Archivist DHBICI Lieutenant Colonel

737457596_Screenshot(111).png.b0bac56931254c79ac0b8514688eae15.png

15 minutes ago, wXc GameHunter said:

Longbow does 374 to the head, 187 to the body and 46.8 to limbs, the contender does 195.5 to the head, 97.8 to the body, and 24.4 to limbs, that is a huge difference, the only security jobs that can survive a longbow headshot are SCMD+, Wardens Praetor, and HIRU. D class still take over d block a lot, and it is supposed to be security sided. As a person who plays on d class and riots a lot, this is too much

-Support

I feel its important to state that I have seen longbow headshots do 374 and 200 dmg. Im not sure what determines (i.e. dmg drop off, hit reg, hit boxes), but having taken the numbers I gave through multiple tests on diff models, and averaging them, the dmg is far from consistent. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K I W I said:

For all intense and purposes longbow is maybe an Okay for D-Class but the riot shield is ridiculous to be given to D-Class, would throw the balance off for Security completely and make it way to difficult to contain D-Block

+SUPPORT

Atleast let us use longbows. We bought it so we could use it. And if not the Dclass as a whole, then maybe just the CCs.

Current:  Owner of "Freedom Fighters" CCPlatnium Donator Rank | Professional Gun Lover | Certified American

Former: SCP:RP Moderator | Security DHFTO 2LT American MTF NU7 SM Chaos Insurgency R&D AIN | Chaos Insurgency Military PVT |