General Suggestion - D-Block Rework/Redesign - Accepted [Completed]

spikedragonborn

18 minutes ago, Starstep said:

+Support

This is definitely something we can try and look into. I honestly feel it could encourage more people to stick around when they're new to the server as well.

^^^ +support

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+ support

seen this on different servers, its pretty cool

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+Support

This seems like a great way to bring back a bit of RP to the server, I mean what is the level 12 d class that is running around LCZ gonna do against Gensec. Plus while that D-Class is cuffed and being given amnestics, that is one less D-Class that is able to riot.

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Starstep said:

+Support

This is definitely something we can try and look into. I honestly feel it could encourage more people to stick around when they're new to the server as well.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+ Support

Only problems I can see are

1. Elastic Cuffs are slow, like really fucking slow, I’d recommend changing the cuffs (Probably to the Rope Leash)

2. If Gensec uses FearRP to cuff D-Class, this would lead to a lot of sits due to most D-Class not knowing how FearRP works.

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

18 minutes ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support

I think this is needed, and for people bein like "But TDM!" this would make combat more realistic. as you have to THINK and not pretend you're on a 3 lane Cod Map

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

2 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support

I think this is needed, and for people bein like "But TDM!" this would make combat more realistic. as you have to THINK and not pretend you're on a 3 lane Cod Map

100% this ^^^ 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

-support

The checkpoints are just gonna end up being camped by snipers or some other bs making it near impossible

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

13 hours ago, Nydekore said:

I think I might have a system that could perhaps increase RP, keep in mind this is a VERY improvised idea so it will need some ironing out.

I think what makes Dclass so un-roleplay-able is the fact that dblock is so closed off. Security are forced to wait at the top while dclass can just do whatever the hell they want in lower so long as they aren't shooting security. Additionally, roleplay classes are extremely limited in their access, medical being a somewhat exception. So, my thought is this: Open up lower dblock to foundation personnel. Let them all go down, hang around the dclass, set up some activities with them.

This might sound insane. Hell, maybe it is. But let me paint the picture of some RP scenarios this creates versus what currently happens.

Current: A researcher wants to do a test on an SCP which has major psychological hazards to it. They look at the testing queue and pick out the first one they see.

New Scenario: A researcher wants to do a test on an SCP which has major psychological hazards to it. They need a dclass who is especially calm, won't crack under the pressure easily. They decide to go into lower dblock for a while and walk amongst them. After a while, they see one indulging in a game of chess. They'd make a great test subject, the research thinks.

Current: MTF needs dclass otherwise SCP-682 is going to get tired and attempt to escape. They stick in upper, trying to FearRP any dclass they see to no avail as the dclass simply jump away to lower before FearRP can reach them.

New Scenario: MTF needs dclass otherwise SCP-682 is going to get tired and attempt to escape. Security, in an attempt to assist MTF, have them line up against the wall. Those who do not comply risk getting shot. 

Current: There's some new dclass around. He hardly knows the rules of the place and he wants to make a name for himself. He punches another dclass. He is killed, the other dclass is left there.

New Scenario: There's some new dclass around. He hardly knows the rules of the place and he wants to make a name for himself. He looks at the guards nearby, not an easy target. Still, they want that reputation. They attack someone outside of view of the guards. They ultimately lose the fight and are killed. A medic, noticing the wounds on their victim, leads the dclass over to the medical section of dblock.

Current: Dclass seem to be constantly getting weapons. Security knows that something must be happening in lower for this to occur but they have no clue as to what. They call partial and wait it out, hoping weapon distribution somehow stops.

New Scenario: Dclass seem to be constantly getting weapons. Security knows that something must be happening in lower for this to occur but they have no clue as to what. They go into lower and demand all prisoners line up for a search. On one dclass (a supplier) they find a phone. They must've been using it to call in some favors. They're brought into solitary confinement for their key role in the riots.

Current: Dclass riot over and over again. Little to no strategy to it, they simply carry weapons up over and over, eventually security crack under the pressure. The dclass are free.

New Scenario: Dclass know that they only have 1 shot at this in their lifetime. Failure to escape will result in their end. Even with this gun, it may not be enough. So, they set an ambush. They tell the guards that its comedy night and to spread the word. Once researchers, medics, maintenance, and guards alike all fill the comedy area, they plan is set in motion. They draw their weapons and, after killing the guards, take prisoners. They can now use this bargaining chip to help them escape. After all, the foundation couldn't bare to lose some of their most trusted researchers, their best medics, or Steve, their favorite trash collector. They let some of the prisoners free, clearly unhappy about it.

Of course, there will need to be some other new systems put in place. Cells can become out of RP areas as to accommodate for space to AFK in. Security could perhaps be given non-lethal ways of dealing with riotous dclass to prevent them from simply coming back again and again with their donor weapons, instead forcing them to sit in a cell (the upper dblock ones) for a bit. Perhaps that non-lethal method comes back in the form of everyone's favorite baton-wielding SCP... or in another form if that wound is still too open. In exchange, perhaps those weapons are buffed a little bit as to make the risk perhaps worth it. 

This system could cut into the freedom of dclass but it encourages roleplay, gives foundation staff more to do, and makes dblock feel like a place on the map rather than a constant warzone. 

Or this whole rant could be for nothing, but even if you don't like this idea in particular hopefully it inspires some idea of how dblock could be.

This would make dclass hella weak if sec and mtf can just barge into lower whenever they feel like. Also dclass and ccs will just murder whoever is in lower, it doesn't change how aggressive dclass are.

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

5 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

8 hours ago, Starstep said:

+Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

9 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

This would make dclass hella weak if sec and mtf can just barge into lower whenever they feel like. Also dclass and ccs will just murder whoever is in lower, it doesn't change how aggressive dclass are.

It wouldn’t make them weak, they’d just have to strategize more.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

I like the idea, but I honestly think that the majority of D class players aren't going to care and have no real intent to RP, just to kill and minge  +Support

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

2 hours ago, Vuitheirt said:

I like the idea, but I honestly think that the majority of D class players aren't going to care and have no real intent to RP, just to kill and minge  +Support

+ Support

I think this is a good idea WITH some restrictions. I think that if it was only on blue and yellow, not having a weapon out, and not resisting are good restrictions. I would also just add that if they are able to escape the encounter they are still KOS. By this I mean that if they would be too far away to fear rp them. 
Example: You are running from interrogation to Research bunks and see a D-Class down the hallway at the greenhouse checkpoint. In this scenario they would still be KOS because they are too far away to fear rp.
Also, like Ein said, this would need to be an encouraged and not required addition.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 9:14 PM, PandaInShitpostLand said:

if D-Block had a redesign to allow gensec to arrest d-bois without them either getting stabbed or having the d-class instantly run out of d-block, it could be done

(where have i seen this before?)

Having a new D-Block would be ideal for a multitude of reasons. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:58 PM, Nydekore said:

Current: MTF needs dclass otherwise SCP-682 is going to get tired and attempt to escape. They stick in upper, trying to FearRP any dclass they see to no avail as the dclass simply jump away to lower before FearRP can reach them.

New Scenario: MTF needs dclass otherwise SCP-682 is going to get tired and attempt to escape. Security, in an attempt to assist MTF, have them line up against the wall. Those who do not comply risk getting shot. 

Current: Dclass seem to be constantly getting weapons. Security knows that something must be happening in lower for this to occur but they have no clue as to what. They call partial and wait it out, hoping weapon distribution somehow stops.

New Scenario: Dclass seem to be constantly getting weapons. Security knows that something must be happening in lower for this to occur but they have no clue as to what. They go into lower and demand all prisoners line up for a search. On one dclass (a supplier) they find a phone. They must've been using it to call in some favors. They're brought into solitary confinement for their key role in the riots.

I think these are some cool idea's for Security to be able to interact with D-Class. I also really like the researcher one where they are looking for a D-Class. I think having a server where D-Class have activities to do and to entertain themselves/interact with Security in other ways besides rioting would add a new, enjoyable, and healthy level of rp to the server.

Big +Support

I think a map update and a few small content update could provide A HUGE amount of rp possibilities for D-Block. 

1. Updating the map to have upper D-Block make sense: Having the checkpoint doors that can seal off D-Class and Security makes perfect sense. They are prisoners and allowing them to have an open space with the threat of a red line between them and possible freedom makes 0 sense. Creating a D-Block where they would need to work together to climb up to a ledge, keycrack open a door, or take advantage of a Security member and sneaking through should be their ways of escape, not jump and crouch spamming on a CC and killing all 4 enlisted holding d-block with nothing but a knife.

2. Give D-Class and Security more to do. Right now the only things D-Class can do is mine and riot. Having some games (chess tables, gambling machines, perma-propped basketball court) would give them entertaining and enriching options. Security could also do contra ban inspections in Lower D-Block and introduce some new protocols that would require D-Class to line up to gather them for testing/SCPs (testing could add a lot to the D-Class experience and I hope Research HCMD take that into consideration).

18 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

-support

The checkpoints are just gonna end up being camped by snipers or some other bs making it near impossible

D-Class should ideally not be able to escape/overpower Security on their own. Having easy ways of escape That Require D-Class to work together is imo the only real way it should be done.

22 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support

1 hour ago, Hex-G said:

Big +Support

I think a map update and a few small content update could provide A HUGE amount of rp possibilities for D-Block. 

1. Updating the map to have upper D-Block make sense: Having the checkpoint doors that can seal off D-Class and Security makes perfect sense. They are prisoners and allowing them to have an open space with the threat of a red line between them and possible freedom makes 0 sense. Creating a D-Block where they would need to work together to climb up to a ledge, keycrack open a door, or take advantage of a Security member and sneaking through should be their ways of escape, not jump and crouch spamming on a CC and killing all 4 enlisted holding d-block with nothing but a knife.

2. Give D-Class and Security more to do. Right now the only things D-Class can do is mine and riot. Having some games (chess tables, gambling machines, perma-propped basketball court) would give them entertaining and enriching options. Security could also do contra ban inspections in Lower D-Block and introduce some new protocols that would require D-Class to line up to gather them for testing/SCPs (testing could add a lot to the D-Class experience and I hope Research HCMD take that into consideration).

D-Class should ideally not be able to escape/overpower Security on their own. Having easy ways of escape That Require D-Class to work together is imo the only real way it should be done.

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

Heavy +support

In scp lore (IK we are not a heavy lore server but hear me out) D-Class are meant to be actual people that help research and medical preform tests and operations, Killing d class because they cross a line would make no sense as the foundation would be wasting resources  and you know I know humans are great in mass but getting provided with them is a whole other story since they have to sign up at their own free will (sometimes kidnapping but that is rarely done).  

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+Support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]

+Support This is actually a really thought out idea that I like and I think it could work if everyone decided to get their shit together and actually all join in on it.

+ support 

just giving d class something to do in upper d block cuts down the chances of a riot in half, other day a d class made a improvised basketball hoop and immediately you had 5 or 6 d class focused on the basketball game instead of picking out what guard to kill next.

Hello yes I’d like to pay the sun bill please