General Suggestion - Maynard Balance [Completed]

Biggie Cheese1

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting giving Maynard a cooldown on Breaching SCP's, Breaking electrics, etc

How would this change better the server? - It would give Foundation atleast a chance to recuperate from Maynard breaching an SCP, for example Maynard breaches 682, 610, 2 939's and an 8286 in less than a 5 minute span of time and immediately causes a code nuke, giving Maynard pehaps a 5 min cooldown on releasing SCP's and such would balance out the job.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantage i could see is less people playing the job as they would have to time when they break stuff or breach SCP's and it would be a lot harder to cause a Code Red for a whole hour.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Foundation

(suprised no one suggested this so far)

+support 

Might be faulty information but I believe someone in CI said the rules for Maynard were changed inside CI to do the same thing, so a suggestion may be redundant if that's true.

Edited by Loaff

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

From my time as weebnard which was only a few months ago you really could only breath Euclid- . 

Only our mingy gamma like to pull ketter funnies

+/- 

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Clarification: While Maynard's rules may be fucky whenever someone is "trained" for Maynard it is specifically said not too abuse the feature of breaching too much, not to camp electrical and especially be secretive and not fuck up the CI Raid because you breached/broke something.

This suggestion makes close to 0 sense as the only time Maynard can go on a breaching spree should be whenever he's on an AOS or KOS.

To add onto that if you allow maynard to breach an entirety of 5 scps then you should rethink about how MTF is patrolling HCZ.

-Support 

Suggestion partially already existing. (Not implicitly said that there's a 5 minute timer but specified to not abuse the breaching feature, unless needed)

Talk to me in teamspeak to get a better explanation.

Edited by Cosmic The Italian
  • Like 2

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

There aren't really set rules for maynard, however as Cosmic said we tell the people that recieve the maynard whitelist not to abuse the power of breaching SCPs. We tell them that you should only be breaching for 2 Reasons 1. You want to cause a distraction or 2. You are on a KOS/AOS as It doesn't matter if you get caught as you are on a AOS/KOS. 

I do not believe a nerf is required here. If you see anyone abusing their breaching powers you should definitely contact CI HCMD and we will deal with this.

Edited by Alexxx

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

7 hours ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

Clarification: While Maynard's rules may be fucky whenever someone is "trained" for Maynard it is specifically said not too abuse the feature of breaching too much, not to camp electrical and especially be secretive and not fuck up the CI Raid because you breached/broke something.

This suggestion makes close to 0 sense as the only time Maynard can go on a breaching spree should be whenever he's on an AOS or KOS.

To add onto that if you allow maynard to breach an entirety of 5 scps then you should rethink about how MTF is patrolling HCZ.

-Support 

Suggestion partially already existing. (Not implicitly said that there's a 5 minute timer but specified to not abuse the breaching feature, unless needed)

-support as said above maynard is only allowed to do the evil things that you let him do unnoticed in the area that should be the most guarded

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

7 hours ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

-Support 

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

-Support Maynard can not mass breach scps already and if you see maynard breaching more then 1/2 just report him to gamma command and the person most likley will get a strike/a suspension on their access to maynard there is no need for a timer for somthing maynard cant do without perms in the first place

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

(Note: This is obviously a bias opinion since I love playing on Maynard but)

-Support

11 hours ago, Biggie Cheese1 said:

Maynard breaching an SCP, for example Maynard breaches 682, 610, 2 939's and an 8286 in less than a 5 minute span of time and immediately causes a code nuke

I don't think this has ever happened ever & this is a prime example of what NOT to do on Maynard, but if you do want to bring up that point, isn't Maynard the reason of  Containment Breach?! I feel like having set rules for Maynard is just going to be unnecessary. There hasn't been set rules on the job because the whole point of the job is simple (which is to maintain cover & cause a reasonable amount of chaos in the facility, to match whatever situation is going on or is about to happen.)

Making rules like 5 minute NLR per SCP, isn't really needed since the whole point of breaching SCP's on Maynard is to cause a distraction so that Maynard can either complete his objective or assist Chaos with their raid, After all he's a High Ranking spy in the foundation, and it's already hard enough with people Meta-Gaming 24/7. 

then again, that's just all my opinion

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

Goddamn, if you think maynard is strong now just think about when i brainwashed about half of all high command,

I will bathe the facility in darkness, lightnard is your end.

Idiots

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

I actually think Maynard is a lot of fun for MTF, especially in CI down hours, so I only would want there to be an actual limit on pulling a full site, as it can literally stall every branches operations.

• Heart-Eyes 1

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

18 hours ago, Fieryphonix said:

-Support Maynard can not mass breach scps already and if you see maynard breaching more then 1/2 just report him to gamma command and the person most likley will get a strike/a suspension on their access to maynard there is no need for a timer for somthing maynard cant do without perms in the first place

9 hours ago, Zack / Zarl said:

I actually think Maynard is a lot of fun for MTF, especially in CI down hours

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

- Support

CI Gamma have explained how Maynard works so this would kind of be a redundant rule since he isn't allowed to just go breaching in the first place unless he is AOS/KOS or trying to cause a distraction and even then, they said the distraction cannot interfere with CI operations. Maynard also gives MTF something to do while CI aren't as active and there isn't much going on.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

• 3 weeks later...

Completed!

This suggestion is now in the server

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||