Fusion's Suggestion about the Vector - Denied

FusionThunder

What are you suggesting? -   Nerf the Vector's Damage drop off and damage in general

How would this change better the server? -  So people  doesnt get shredded halfway across town

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  The balancing of this weapon may anger the people who like using it as their main weapon 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  MTF

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by FusionThunder

spacer.png

i'm going to go into game and research this. But from what I see this is a targeted just at CI members. Ci are meant to have stronger weapons then most foundation personnel due to the fact that they are just one faction while we are multiple factions that have different style of weapons. If the weapons can shred at a good distance i'll come back here and posts stats of how well the guns do at close, medium, and far ranges with a full mag.

But for now

+Support after I did research

Edited by Chief_

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

14 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

i'm going to go into game and research this. But from what I see this is a targeted just at CI members. Ci are meant to have stronger weapons then most foundation personnel due to the fact that they are just one faction while we are multiple factions that have different style of weapons. If the weapons can shred at a good distance i'll come back here and posts stats of how well the guns do at close, medium, and far ranges with a full mag.

But for now

-Support

Chief if i can be shredded halfway across town by a vector thats an issue 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, FusionThunder said:

Chief if i can be shredded halfway across town by a vector thats an issue 

Maybe re-word your suggestion so it doesn't seem like its an attack on the CI jobs for having good guns. Rephrase to talk about how it needs a nerf because it can shred halfway across town and just not say. "So bios can't  shred MTF and so CI don't have OP guns"

All i'm saying is that Ci will see this as a attack on them for having very good guns/strong weapons compared to foundation. IT will get toxicity/hate towards you which I dont want that. 

Edited by Chief_
  • Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

I'm not going to give a current opinion, but i will leave a couple of points

| Bio is easily the most identifiable and the most focused class against MTF. a majority of CI players would agree that sometimes MTF overextends way to much in the attempt to kill them

| Security Lightweight also has the vector, and also has a massive speed boost which only helps in the vectors lethality. specifying "bio" just disregards the fact that both CI and Dclass go against this gun

| it has a relatively low damage per mag considering other weapons of the sort such as the acog, type 19, or L85

| this is the exact situation that the CSGO MP7 and the current Type 19 are in.

as chief said above, this seems more like something against bio rather than an actual comment on the gun itself.

i'll wait to see others opinions before leaving a +/- support

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Catalyst said:

I'm not going to give a current opinion, but i will leave a couple of points

| Bio is easily the most identifiable and the most focused class against MTF. a majority of CI players would agree that sometimes MTF overextends way to much in the attempt to kill them

| Security Lightweight also has the vector, and also has a massive speed boost which only helps in the vectors lethality. specifying "bio" just disregards the fact that both CI and Dclass go against this gun

| it has a relatively low damage per mag considering other weapons of the sort such as the acog, type 19, or L85

| this is the exact situation that the CSGO MP7 and the current Type 19 are in.

as chief said above, this seems more like something against bio rather than an actual comment on the gun itself.

i'll wait to see others opinions before leaving a +/- support

Fair enough, the thing is the bios are tankier and can replenish armor and the speed thing doesnt take you too far.

the Type19 got nerfed into the ground today so its no longer viable and i dont even see the mp7 anymore as many people believe its garbage after the nerf

also, didnt really mean it as an attack on BIOs and CI kind of just made this in the heat of the moment as getting killed halfway across town is very agitating 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Catalyst said:

+SUPPORT

Doesn't need a damage nerf, but does need an accuracy/range change so it doesnt invalidate the range of certain weapons

it might strip the uniqueness of the gun, but i think it should be more similar to the VAL/FG42 in performance.

As the Deputy lead of bio i think this needs to be done cause as it stands its a bit to good so just need the damage drop off cause I have shredded people across town

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

+ Support

The gun needs some form of change, the recoil should stay the same (Since that's what the vector is known for), but it needs another change. RPM/Damage etc.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

The gun needs some form of change, the recoil should stay the same (Since that's what the vector is known for), but it needs another change. RPM/Damage etc.

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

In my honest opinion, with the two class I have access to with the Vector (Bio and Dept Head), yeah, it has become broken.

I feel just the damage should be changed. The buff of 22 -> 26 damage was overkill and just should be reverted. The Vector was in a relatively good state before that.
Pls no take my laser beam.

+/- Support leaning towards + Support

• Like 2

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Pills said:

No more Bio-Engineer Kriss Vector.

Nobody uses it anymore T - T

-Support

I mean yea i understand that but if the gun hasn’t received changes it still is kind of overpowered its still an issue and doesn't security light weight have it along with alot of ccs? The problem still arises just on another front

spacer.png

13 hours ago, FusionThunder said:

I mean yea i understand that but if the gun hasn’t received changes it still is kind of overpowered its still an issue and doesn't security light weight have it along with alot of ccs? The problem still arises just on another front

1. Lots of CCs don't have it. 4 of them do. 2 are non-combatant CCs and 2 are combatant CCs. All barely are played unless for AFKing. So it wouldn't really matter.

2. Your dispute for the original suggestion is against Bio-Engineers who had this as a main gun but do not anymore. So the only benefit is for D-Class/GOI/SCPs/Anything else that tries to kill the Foundation and the disadvantages is CCs, Director of Research and Security, Department Head, and SEC LW will a worse gun.. 

I just don't think it is really needed. Lightweights aren't too hard to fight imo

retaining - support from above.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

• 2 weeks later...