General Suggestion - SCP-079 assisting SCPs in breaching. - Denied

BadTimeInbound

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting SCP-079 be able to assist SCPs during their breaching processes. He would be able to "/advert [ACT] Assists" or similar to remove time from a breach timer (based on what action is being performed?) or add a small buff to a roll (+10 or smaller). Obviously he can only do this while connected to foundation systems.

How would this change better the server? -  SCP-079 in its current state is just about as threatening as SCP-343. This would give SCP-079 a tangible impact beyond just closing doors on people.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Potentially harder to prevent breaches from happening.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  SCPs while SCP-079 is breached.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by BadTimeInbound
  • Like 1

-support

All ima say is: No. 

He can close doors on people who are maybe running from 682 making it easier for 682 to kill, he can open checkpoints for SCPs to allow them into zones easier, lock doors on foundation to prevent them from recontaining certain SCPs as quick giving SCPs a chance to get away and try a different approach. Having him assist with breaches would just be a pain coming from both a combatant and a non-combatant view.

1 hour ago, ripjaw56789 said:

-support

He can close doors on people who are maybe running from 682 making it easier for 682 to kill, he can open checkpoints for SCPs to allow them into zones easier, lock doors on foundation to prevent them from recontaining certain SCPs as quick giving SCPs a chance to get away and try a different approach. Having him assist with breaches would just be a pain coming from both a combatant and a non-combatant view.

Then maybe prevent him from breaching. You guys have 15 minutes to stop him from breaching. He's meant to be a threat and a mastermind of a mass breach not just glorified door opener and shutter. Its also a level 100 class it should be able to do more than it does now. Maybe a way to help is to change his breach time 20 minutes instead if he can breach SCPs.

Edited by Crusader

+Support 
I was very excited for this SCP when it was announced, then when I played it for the first time I was a little disappointed. There are a lot of cool things you can do as 079 but to be honest it is not a big threat. As a Euclid class SCP I would expect it to be more dangerous than to just open, close and lock doors in the hallways. Making 079 to be able to breach SCPs would make it more of a threat and would make it as much of a threat as to say 049 or 173 who are also Euclid SCP's. It is also a Level 100 job I would expect it to be fun and entertaining to play for the ones who grinded their way to the top (or the ones who bought their way to the top).

On 9/2/2021 at 12:03 AM, ripjaw56789 said:

-support

Yes, 079 can be a threat in certain scenarios like a 682 breach however, these events are rare and maybe happen once an hour. Not to mention the only thing you need to do is beat 079 in a roll off (that you can do every 5 min). 079 cannot attack players, only put them in bad scenarios. This could be a way 079 could "attack" a player. 

+Addition to Suggestion
Speaking of attacking a player, in SCP SL 079 has access to the tesla gates around the facility and can make them activate for a short amount of time. It would be cool to see 079 with this kind of power in the server as a way to deal "physical" harm to players.

Edited by Cuz L0g1c

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

- Support
That is an absolute no go, 079 in lore doesn't care about other SCPs except maybe 682. As for the server, it'd only cause more havoc, during peek hours, it will be practically impossible to feed SCPs any D class since they riot all the time, which means there'd a hell of a lot of breaches which in turn means more nukes and nobody wants nukes.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

On 9/3/2021 at 12:32 PM, Rookieblue said:

SCP 079 can already assist some SCPs with breaching by opening their outer most containment doors. I do not think it'd be wise to allow SCP 079 to further buff the SCP breaching process.

Every single SCP-related door is marked as un-hackable last I checked. 

On 9/3/2021 at 3:39 AM, Yato Sensei said:

- Support
That is an absolute no go, 079 in lore doesn't care about other SCPs except maybe 682. As for the server, it'd only cause more havoc, during peek hours, it will be practically impossible to feed SCPs any D class since they riot all the time, which means there'd a hell of a lot of breaches which in turn means more nukes and nobody wants nukes.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, Rookieblue said:

SCP 079 can already assist some SCPs with breaching by opening their outer most containment doors. I do not think it'd be wise to allow SCP 079 to further buff the SCP breaching process.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

As of right now it is far to complicated to add a feature to allow 079 to breach SCP's in both a fun but restricted manner. We do have future plans for updates towards 079 but as of right now we have other priorities. 079 is able to open the outer most door of SCP containment's which helps scp's breach a little bit quicker.