17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be staff?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Veesus

What is your steam name?: Veesus

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:43277070

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): DanieI#9746

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)

Yes, I was a staff member on SCP RP for ~3 months as a senior mod

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

September 2020

What date did you make your forums account?

September 18th 2020

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

2 warns, one for NLR and one for having a negev as 343

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?

No

Have you read the staff handbook?

Yes

Timezone:

EST

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I used to be a member of the staff team, but I was removed due to inactivity. I was inactive due to a combination of a lack of freetime in my life and frankly just losing interest. But now due to recent circumstances my interest in the server is at an all time high, and I have more freetime since I don't have to work a full time job like I did in the summer. Ever since I first joined gaminglight SCP RP I've been extremely passionate about the server and its community, and I would be honored to volunteer my time to making the server a better place. I think I would be a perfect fit for staff due to my past experience with staffing and even more experience with the community itself. I also have a lot of experience with customer service in general, due to my day job, and I believe staffing is primarily a customer service job, as your priority is to ensure that all players are having the best experience possible. I believe I have the makings of a good staff member since I am generally extremely patient, and diplomatic in all of my user interactions.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

First I would jail them in one of the staff rooms, away from other players to give them time to cooldown a bit. Then I would gather evidence in the combat logs and gather player testimony, and other evidence if necessary. Then I would return to the perpetrator and unjail them, and see if they were willing to cooperate. If they are I'd explain to them their punishment. If not then I'd just go ahead and issue the punishment. Regardless of how they act after being jailed I'd still issue a formal warning, and refer them to a higher level staff for a 5 day ban, whom I'd give the evidence I gathered to.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

First I'd explain to them exactly what they did wrong and why it was against the rules. If they try to claim that that specific bug isn't in the MOTD so it can't be against the rules I'd explain how they were abusing a glitch and how it falls under Rule 3. From then on tt depends if they were abusing it knowingly. It's possible to accidentally abuse a bug without knowing it was a bug. If they were not abusing it knowingly and it isn't a major bug I'd explain to them how to avoid the bug in the future and let them off with a warning, and then spectate them to make sure they don't do it again. If it can be determined they were intentionally abusing it (ie alt e abusing, which you cant accidentally do) or if their abuse of it affected other players experiences I'd warn them, and have a ban issued for server exploiting.

• Like 2
  • Gaminglight Love 1

+support 

I remember you as a good staff before, and you have good coding skills as well (even got S&Box early access) plus Igneous reacted to your post lol.

• Like 1

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+ Support

Will not stop talking about how he made the progress bar for the hacking device.

• Like 1

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

23 hours ago, Loaff said:

+support 

I remember you as a good staff before, and you have good coding skills as well (even got S&Box early access) plus Igneous reacted to your post lol.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

15 hours ago, Pillercat said:

+support

Good app and you seem to have a good reputation.

Current (RP) ranks: SHGO Lore Senior Guard || Pyke Captain || Moderator

Former (RP) ranks: SCP:RP Senior Admin || Support || MTF E11 CPT / Head ranger || Maintenance Expert || RRH Engineer Alpha 3 || Shadow Guard VI || 
CC's: The sniper || Security Officers || MTF Sigma 66('Sixteen Tons') Trooper || 

-Dano