General Suggestion - Giving Senior Maintenance a heavily restricted toolgun for signs and lights/lamps. - Denied

Conric005

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting that the Senior Maintenance job is given a heavily restricted toolgun. To clarify, the toolgun wouldn't have access to most tools like welding and ropes, and will only have access to signs and maybe lights. There would be a limit on the amount of lights and signs that each player can place, maybe 1 sign and 2 lights. The lights can also be replaced with lamps if needed when implementing.

How would this change better the server? - This would help maintenance live up to the building aspect of the job, allowing a certain rank of maintenance to advertise their armor stations and general RP builds, and also allow for more visibility, especially when building in 432 for example.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantages I can see with adding this would be a slight increase in lag on the server, what with the signs and lights/lamps being placed. There is also always the possibility for people playing Senior Maintenance to use this to minge, however seeing as how all players can see who placed what signs/lights, it shouldn't be too hard to moderate and remove any mingy signs.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - This would mainly benefit maintenance, however I can also see this change affecting the rare case where gensec/mtf either can't see the armor station or doesn't know where the said armor station is.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - Through the research i've done I haven't able to find any toolgun restricting addon out there, and the ones that might work might be hard to implement without breaking something in the process. Normally I would put this suggestion in the maintenance discord channel only, however I have put it here so that more people who might know if an addon like this exists will have a chance to see it.

E11 SSGT // SCS ME

lagging into acid pits since 2021

-/+support

I like this idea a lot but i say you are only allowed to spawn signs when you are mp and you can spawn lights and maybe one more sign at Me 

This can get abused and i don't know if this can fully work

2 minutes ago, styx said:

-/+support

I like this idea a lot but i say you are only allowed to spawn signs when you are mp and you can spawn lights and maybe one more sign at Me 

This can get abused and i don't know if this can fully work

I like this idea for restricting lights to ME, that would really help with keeping people from minging as soon as they get MP. On that note, I'd imagine that maybe we could put in strict punishments for minging with a toolgun like that, maybe a strike or even multiple strikes when stuff like that happens.

E11 SSGT // SCS ME

lagging into acid pits since 2021

Just now, Shin said:

See here, if you restrict it to ME, a new Maintenance class would have to be created. And what I think is just calling Event Team/ Staff to just help in general.

-Support

It really isn't needed to be honest.

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

+Support

One of the main reasons I got into maintanence was because I wanted to be able to build things inside the foundation, but to be honest building without a toolgun is difficult. I think that putting lights or signs is unnecessary in a Senior Maitanence job. What can really help would be the precision tool, material.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

- Support

Tool guns are bound to ULX ranks and not jobs. To my knowledge they would need to create a brand new ULX rank for that and then add every single new maintenance member to the ULX rank. Or edit each ULX rank to restrict it to just those things. Its kindoff not needed/unnecessary. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

3 hours ago, Shin said:

See here, if you restrict it to ME, a new Maintenance class would have to be created. And what I think is just calling Event Team/ Staff to just help in general.

-Support

2 hours ago, Chief_ said:

- Support

Tool guns are bound to ULX ranks and not jobs. To my knowledge they would need to create a brand new ULX rank for that and then add every single new maintenance member to the ULX rank. Or edit each ULX rank to restrict it to just those things. Its kindoff not needed/unnecessary. 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

3 hours ago, Shin said:

-Support

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

6 hours ago, Shin said:

-Support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

6 hours ago, Shin said:

-Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

7 hours ago, MexicanGuy said:

+Support

One of the main reasons I got into maintanence was because I wanted to be able to build things inside the foundation, but to be honest building without a toolgun is difficult. I think that putting lights or signs is unnecessary in a Senior Maitanence job. What can really help would be the precision tool, material.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

- Support

I can definitely sense the minging that will come with this.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Chief_ said:

Tool guns are bound to ULX ranks and not jobs

no there not lol
-support
I really want this but no way in hell will any enlisted rank get this sadly, it's just not practical and sadly the risk would be way to high. But to possibly give it to command jobs could be possible but of coarse I'd have to ask for SMT approval, can bring it up to em!

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

13 hours ago, Chief_ said:

Tool guns are bound to ULX ranks and not jobs

I'm fairly certain they are not but -Support a good Idea however this is easily abuseable 

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

14 hours ago, Chief_ said:

- Support

What IF tho, a swep is made to spawn in a tool gun ? 🤔 Then have them spawn in with the swep. 

still don't think it's gonna be easy. 

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

BTW what I meant is the toolgun permissions. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, Chief_ said:

- Support

• Like 1