General Suggestion - Gun Changes [Completed]

islandtoad

What are you suggesting? - Similarly to HSU's bal27 I recommend that all of the high ranking jobs have their gun or a group of guns that are unable to be added to custom jobs. its ok if its shared between high jobs but its honestly its just tiring to just see some hard to get job get a new weapon and then anyone can change out their old weapon for 10$.

How would this change better the server? - High Ranking players as it would be more worth it to work up to those levels

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Yes, it would loose the server money (Probably) and not let custom jobs be as powerful

Who would this change mostly benefit? - People who have worked to get a high rank/job

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Also on a side note these weapons would be up for the high command of each branch to decide

Edited by islandtoad

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+Support

SFs should have their own guns and those guns shouldn't just become the new CC meta every time something is added to an SF. Makes balancing for the needs of SFs difficult.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

10 hours ago, Alexxx said:

-Support

I don't like the idea of people "claiming" weapons.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

Other branch CCs are pretty uncommon and even than they can only get 200 200 while SF have ATLEAST 225 heath alone. 

Also I’m guessing when a special forces gets a new weapon they should remove it from the armory too?

-support

Former: CI 2LT Dees | CI RnD SVA Dees 

GL: Former Senior Mod | SCP LEVEL 100 GANG 💪

Yeah no thank you. 

All this will do is make HCMD take the best guns and leave CC's scrambling to get better gun''s.  That also wouldn't "Probably" decrease incoming money if every CC is 5'9 stack of shit nobody will want to buy a CC in general. 

As a owner of the 3 CC's I would actually never buy anything related to CC's ever again. 

-Support, my CC's and some other people's CC's get ripped on too, it's not as simple as SF have it so every CC has it. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 8/25/2021 at 10:45 AM, Alexxx said:

-Support

I don't like the idea of people "claiming" weapons.

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+/- support leaning - support

As a person who personally heavily dislikes P2W this applies to that logic, however if this were put in place an area of income for the server would essentially stop existing which could lead to all sorts of problems for the server as a whole.

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

For the -support crowd, I get that it would drop some money coming in, but doesn’t anyone else find it a little unfair that hours of playtime and dedication to a branch can be undermined job-wise by a purchase? 

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

8 hours ago, Nydekore said:

can be undermined job-wise by a purchase? 

bruh to even make a good CC the bare minimum you need to spend is around $300 and if someone is willing to spend that much for the server, that goes directly into the server making it better/even run, then they should be able to get good guns.

I've spent over 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS on the server, I did get things in return, but mainly to help the server run. Most of that 3k goes into the server allowing people who don't spend money on the server to enjoy it for free.

So yes it does suck sometimes when a CC comes and claps people but those who pay good money for them are the only reason the server is up and runnin. Might as well give them more incentive to put more money into the server with some good guns.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

2 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

bruh to even make a good CC the bare minimum you need to spend is around $300 and if someone is willing to spend that much for the server, that goes directly into the server making it better/even run, then they should be able to get good guns.

I've spent over 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS on the server, I did get things in return, but mainly to help the server run. Most of that 3k goes into the server allowing people who don't spend money on the server to enjoy it for free.

So yes it does suck sometimes when a CC comes and claps people but those who pay good money for them are the only reason the server is up and runnin. Might as well give them more incentive to put more money into the server with some good guns.

I’m not saying disincentivize buying CCs, they should be able to have fine guns but playing as Nu7 OFC, which I worked hard to earn the whitelist for, it sucks to see someone on CI with the same load out as me when they have like 3 days on the server, just because of a purchase, I’d like my own guns so that I have a more unique experience than sharing a gun with everyone that wants a good gun. SFs/CMD should have guns that are representative of hard work, so even if they aren’t better than the acog, it’s still my own experience.