First Occurrence: “CPT nightsoil”

12/06/2021

June 12, 2021

Time in GENSEC:

First Occurrence: “OFC nightsoil”

4/15/2021

April 15th, 2021

101 days from 25/07/2021

Do you promise to uphold all rules instated by GamingLight and by the many Security guidelines?:

I couldn’t make a promise I couldn’t definitively keep. I will inevitably make mistakes, and when I do, I will make a great effort to correct them and listen to all advice, regardless of critical value. That being said, I do promise to enforce all MOTD and Security SOP rules to the best of my ability. You have my word.

Do you promise to uphold your duties as a command member in leadership, mentoring, problem-solving, etc.?:

I always make an active attempt to avoid confrontation because when branches are at peace, I know that is when they prosper. I realize that sometimes chaos incites change. Change that could sometimes be constructive and to the benefit of both parties. That logic applies greatly to a great leader and a mentor as well; the right person in the lowest of points can form the strongest bonds between members of a group, and in this case, Security. Simply put, I promise.

Do you promise that you will listen and respect your lower / higher rankings?:

I promise to view everybody’s opinions, traits, and personalities without an opinionated stance as much as possible and with the utmost respect and attention without involving personal circumstances. Rank will not be accounted for in opinions, unless it is to make a decision.

Why do you want to become a senior command member? (150 WORDS+):

During my time in Security Command and Security as a whole, I have had a lot of experiences. I have a lot of experiences to speak to, and I have grasped my understanding of my strengths and weaknesses very well. If I thought I didn’t want to do this anymore, I would’ve quit long ago, but I wanted to stay in the branch and double down on the amount of contribution I am giving to the branch right now. I feel I could achieve this by, of course, progressing in the branch. So here we are.

Let me start off by discussing something, a hindrance, to some, that some may refer to when talking about potential influences on my ability to lead; lack of vocal communication. This is more gameplay-situated, but when I applied for Warrant Officer, this was an aspect that I had fully considered to be an obstacle that I hoped I would overcome; and, to a degree, I did accomplish this by relying more on Teamspeak and just generally being faster with callouts and commands. The difference between reaction times from information I distribute is mostly the same; I just have to maintain proactivity in active situations and gain more knowledge myself instead of relying solely on one form of communication. Sometimes my requirement to have a ”first-strike” mentality means that I may have to sacrifice my own fighting chance of survival to relay crucial information to other Security members. I would say that this sort of situation aptly demonstrates my willingness to make usefulness out of a shortcoming, and is not a hindrance to myself as much as it is perceived by others, however, I assure Security that I will always prioritize information passage in the field as seen fit and that my actions will be logically justified.

Activity-wise, I believe that I have made a big difference in terms of general morale and have always worked to maintain some level of order over the Security branch as a Command member. Decisions that I make in-the-moment will likely benefit the motivation of Security members and demonstrate that they are, indeed, being recognized for their work. Most often, I will go out of the way to analyze many aspects of Security members and more accurately award them based on a variety of factors. Activity is a strong-suit for me; an active Command member is somebody who can be there all the time to handle situations in real-time, and not just focus on the fallout from a problem long passed. Part of the reason I would like to be a Senior Command member is that I notice quite a lot of inactivity from our current, and that's just a statement of fact. I could be doing much more on top of the current duties I fulfill if I had more tools to form adequate verdicts upon Security members and discussions. I know that I am fully capable of maintaining the activity a Senior Command member should be displaying.

As a Senior Command member, I (BELIEVE) that I would have more influence in the decisions that are made to the benefit of the branch. A respected Security member in a higher position can make all the difference to how well a branch functions. The primary reason I want to join the Senior Command roster is streamlining the current systems we have in place in the Security branch. I think I speak to many Command members when I say I value the enjoyment of our NCO and Enlisted via special events we host, PTs. The rather lacklustre system we have in place for managing this aspect of Security Command will lead to instability that can kill the motivation of a branch. I try to make things look proper, appealing, and something that our members will want to participate in and actively improve their skills. PTs are a learning experience for both the hosts and the attendees, and I intend to assist in revitalizing and revamping it. PTs can be uninspiring and a good idea is often hard to come across naturally. Transparency is necessary between the people who experience our PTs, and in my opinion, the PT response form does not encourage members to be as honest as possible with their criticism. To conclude this portion, all I want is to see our members have fun and actually have a reason to hang around the branch while also bettering themselves to perform the best they can. I could and currently do build and share many widely customizable bases for PTs that put our members through very realistic and day-to-day situations that they will come across with the fitting map to boot. Most PTs will be combat oriented, so balancing will be heavily considered. Non-combat OTs will be designed around an aesthetically pleasing appearance and overall match the attitude of Security as a whole.

A candidate for the coveted position such as Major should also look after their own responsibilities in the branch. Regardless of whether I take a new position in the branch, I will retain the optimism I have and take action wherever I see fit. I will be persistent, consistent, and never go through with an action that I know will undoubtedly destroy the reputation and enjoyment of the members of the branch. I also intend on keeping a clean track record and avoid involving myself unnecessarily or otherwise get myself into trouble. Professionalism and maintaining pride for my branch as a priority, but also recognizing that this, ultimately, is a game we play for fun and not taking it too seriously. I will make mistakes but it will not discourage me from continuing to do what I do best.

In summary, I plan to continue on being an active (5+ active playtime hours per day) Security Command member who looks after the enjoyment and image of the members of the branch. I am a Command member who desires change to the benefit of the branch and I will not just be laser-focused on only the growth of myself. I plan on steady improvement of my abilities to command my members, taking criticisms along the way, making many mistakes, and I will keep my professionalism and reputation throughout. I have many responsibilities in and out of the server, and I hope that Security understands when I am required to fulfill said responsibilities. Said responsibilities are also what make me less dependent on others and help me improve my skills all-around, but I can still work together with anybody to the best of my ability to achieve a mutual goal.

What would you do if a Security Officer was constantly leaving D Block?:

Especially with our newer Security members, I believe in second chances. The environment can be confusing and disorientating the first time an Officer sets foot in D-Block: they are forced into a relatively small space within a large, open room where they are constantly being berated; not only with D-Class assaults but orders from NCOs in the heat of battle. As a new player, most of our Officers are, this will invariably cause them to run away from this action. They keep dying, they aren’t treated the best, and that will invariably cause them to either quit or disobey orders.  understand their mindset which, in my opinion, justifies giving them another chance and not just become discouraged to ever join Security or, more fatally, the server, again. Even this, however, is dependent on how they respond to my advice. If they choose to ignore it or even run away, it will most likely be an instant removal as struck Officers will be removed automatically. Additionally, if they are forgiving and willing to learn from this altercation, a positive will be noted from my experience with them and will be considered for judgment in the future.

What would you do if an NCO kept on leaving d-block with terrible reasons?:

While there is nothing specifically against that listed in the Security SOP, there would be some repercussions as our NCOs were moved up for a reason: they stood out from other Enlisted mainly by demonstrating advanced leadership skills, and that includes taking responsibility for their actions. My verdict would be placing them on a watchlist since I cannot strike for a first-time offense not listed in the SOP. I would tell them to stop their behaviour before escalating the punishment: this could be a strike or just a downright demotion. I have to treat this situation so seriously because, one, NCOs should always be the ones directly in D-Block issuing orders to Enlisted and other NCOs as experience. NCOs are there for a reason: avoiding being in D-Block to supervise Enlisted is comparable to abandoning your post, in my opinion. A lot can go wrong when there’s nobody to direct our forces, and we rely heavily on NCOs to control our numbers when command members cannot be present. The first offenses will be a lecture and a watchlist but repeated offenses will, without fail, result in a strike or demotion given the severity.

What do you do if an E-11 private comes into d block and attempts to take command of all of the security?:

Respectfully remind them that D-Block is not under their jurisdiction. That tehre are many capable Security NCOs and Command members, and that we are the ones tasked with watching over our members carefully, not E11. I would also inform them that, if the conditions are not right for them to enter D-Block, that we do not require their assistance and that they may be server-warned according to the rule existing in the MOTD, unless granted DSD+ permission. This is not something I would just stand by and watch them do; no member of another branch is going to walk into D-Block and tell Security what to do, no less, non-command, as they may not know the specifics of our SOP and cause our members to break rules or generally get themselves in trouble. If they continue to do this, I would not hesitate to get in contact with E11 command and have the private be dealt with swiftly.

Explain the process of promoting a corporal to sergeant in your own words:

(Before even starting the process, I'd check relevant material such as TPs, DNPs, strikes and watchlists as well as NCO activity log presence and recommendation, time in session, command opinions (if applicable), experiences in D-Block. Just general information collected beforehand.)

“Congratulations, Corporal. You’ve demonstrated exemplary leadership skills and I or other Security Command personally entrust you to lead our Enlisted in D-Block and as such, you’re moving up to Sergeant.

“What does this transition imply for you? Firstly, you will be receiving a new whitelist, Security Junior NCO. This class grants a new and improved firearm, the HK416 rifle, as well as generally improved statistics from your previous Security Corporal class. Please change your name to fit the Sergeant rank, abbreviated as “SGT”.”

“Before we continue any further, please read the NCO guide with thorough detail and attention. Ask any questions if necessary, PTS will not be active for that very reason. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iyBBb9gwGamGo4mLI3KYnCYJdlVXIrCECibCNYZPwYA/edit”

(Promotee reads NCO guide in its entirety, I answer any questions they may have)

“As per the NCO guide you just read, you should now know that Junior NCOs, SGT/SFC, are able to call protocols on condition Orange/Black. You can enact protocols based on the severity of rioting in D-Block, we recommend 3+ active rioters for Hands-Up and 5+ for Partial Lockdown. Do not hesitate to use protocols when you can as it puts GENSEC in the most advantageous position to keep D-Block under control.”

(At this point, if they need help setting up protocols binds that were disregarded during CPL training, I will make it mandatory for them to set them up before continuing)

“Moving on, please visit https://gaminglight.com/forums/forum/522-security/. This link in particular will direct you to the Security section of the GamingLight forums, of which Security requires all NCOs and Command members to create a forums account. This account does not have to be maintained whatsoever.”

(Promotee would go on to create a forums account, and I would require them to post a link to their account to verify the existence of their forums account)

“Moving on, you now have many opportunities to improve your involvement in Security duties and increase your effectiveness in doing so. As a Sergeant, you are eligible to be trained by any Senior Field Training Officer or higher for the Field Training Officer program. The main goal of the FTO program is to recruit members of Security and weed out those deemed unfit due to past experience and suggest changes or reworks to refine the process of recruitment in general. In fact, I can train you to become a JFTO right after we complete your Sergeant training. Sergeants may also apply for Warrant Officer, the entry into Security Command. You will be pinged in #nco-quarters of the Discord when these slots are available. Lastly, you may be trained for the long-ranged D-Block-based class, Snipers, when we complete this training. Do note that you must have no active strikes to join any sub branch, so make sure to appeal whatever strikes you may have before asking.”

(I navigate to the promotee’s Discord profile and give them the Security NCO role while removing the Security Enlisted role)

“We’re now at the final section of your advancement to Sergeant. You are very nearly a full-fledged NCO, but we have something to discuss first. To keep track of NCO and Enlisted activity, Security Command now relies on you to periodically fill out NCO activity logs in the #nco-activity-logs channel of the Discord, of which you should now be able to see. Please open your Discord application and navigate there now and send a message to tell me you’re there.”

(Promotee opens Discord and sends a simple message to #nco-activity-logs. I delete the message.)

“How NCO activity logs will work is that, whenever you are on the server and playing as a Security job, you are required to make logs loosely detailing the activities that have happened between your last log and your current log. You are required to fill out the format with this information, along with your name and rank, date, approximate length of the session, other Security members involved, and what happened.”

“If you have any questions, please speak up immediately. If not, congratulations. You have completed your Sergeant training, and you may now flag onto the Junior NCO class and be dismissed.”

(I’ll then proceed to log the promotion and return to whatever I was doing)

Application Conclusion

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. If not thoroughly, at least of what you skimmed over. It means a lot to me that you'd even consider giving your opinion for a person who is practically a newbie, and I'll be taking all replies into consideration for what to improve on before becoming a better player in general. You can contact me on Discord if you'd like to tell or ask me anything or just talk. With all servers that I find enjoyable to play on, I'll be working on putting in a lot more hours into contributing both on the forums and in-game. Cheers.

Edited by nightsoil
  • Like 1

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+support

yes, best application by far. 

Edited by Some minge
  • Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Massive +support

Great app per usual, Nightsoil has proven himself in his time in command, and he's already a captain, so it's a pretty natural promotion.

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

7 hours ago, Pillercat said:

Massive +support

Great app per usual, Nightsoil has proven himself in his time in command, and he's already a captain, so it's a pretty natural promotion.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+support

Most active command member by far as of right now

Always does a great job with commanding

Best app by far

I feel like out of everyone right now, you deserve this position the most and I hope I will soon see you as "Maj nightsoil"

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

3 hours ago, Coolcaz11 said:

+ Support

Fucking thorough ass app lol, nice job! 

You've done a great job as LCMD, and many enlisted and NCOs know who you are thanks to how active you are, so I have high hopes for you!

Yooo you deserve this, hope you get it
+support

• Gaminglight Love 1

"What do you mean, i cant murder you..." "

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

I was going to be impartial in the Senior Command apps; but this application is too good not to +support. 

Not only that, but you are already over qualified for the job in my opinion. 

you're Active, have a lot of command experience, shows authority in D block, perfect for the job(again in my opinion) and you wer e part of my WO group and made it to Captain way before most of us were 1LT.

Edited by Darkfistt
  • Gaminglight Love 1

35 minutes ago, Darkfistt said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

I was going to be impartial in the Senior Command apps; but this application is too good not to +support. 

you're Active, have a lot of command experience, shows authority in D block, perfect for the job(again in my opinion) and you wer e part of my WO group and made it to Captain way before most of us were 1LT.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

9 minutes ago, Blood Stream said:

+support

+an obvious choice from activity standpoint

+has never let me down helping with a PT, every week he spends hours helping anyone who needs it with them

+never seen him cause any issues with anyone

Same 
+Support

• Gaminglight Love 1

|| Deputy Chief Of Security || Security OFTO || A1 LT WENDIGO || Former Delta-5 WO || Former Delta-5 DHRO || Former Delta-5 FTO || Former GT4 VALI || Former RRH Echo 45 || S.T.A.R.S || S.T.A.R.S  || Mr. Golf

+support

You seem to be pretty active from an E-11 standpoint.

You seem to know your stuff, Just behind Assasin IMO. Should definitely get the position

• Gaminglight Love 1

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

On 7/26/2021 at 2:52 AM, Darkfistt said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

Accepted! 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• Chief_ locked this topic