General Suggestion - SCP Sweps Rework [Completed]

Sprink

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting 2 new reworks for all current SCP Sweps. 

The First rework is to make all SCP's self dependent. What this means is that SCP's breaching methods are all inside the SWEP. We saw the first version of this with the old 682 SWEP where he could breach doors. This in my opinion would make a lot more people want to play SCP's and not have to rely on Staff especially when there are none online. Multiple other SCP servers have SWEPS like this so it should not be impossible.

The Second rework for SCP's is to add ambience sounds to the SWEPS. What I mean by this is like for example 106 should be able to click say "R" and it would start playing the 106 Chasing Theme. This would add to the RP aspect and add a bit of fun for SCP's when they jumpscare people. The following SCP's could have these sounds:
106 - Chasing Theme

682 - Rawr

096 - Crying Sound / Screaming 

049 - A voiceline of some sort from Secret Lab

ect.

How would this change better the server? -  This would add a lot to RP not only for the voice lines but, the self sufficient breaching SWEPS would help out a ton with Staff having a lot less to deal with. It would also make a lot of people play on new SCP's and draw in a lot of new players because this is something new and exciting for Garrys Mod SCPRP servers.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  The only disadvantages that I could think of is lag due to possibly the size of the new SWEPS or possibly the Staff quota having to be reduced due to the lack of Self Breaching sits. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - This change would mainly benefit SCP players.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A All of the SWEPS would be to either be commissioned by a Gaminglight content creator or coded by SMT.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+Support

i think this will be a good addition, i always think the old 682 swep was good but  I'm not sure if that kind of swep caused lag.

anyway, with a good rules this can be something great to add

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

1 hour ago, MexicanGuy said:

+Support

i think this will be a good addition, i always think the old 682 swep was good but  I'm not sure if that kind of swep caused lag.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

+Support to the voice lines and such

-Support to independent self breach. Staff should have a window of time to check that the adverts were done properly and fairly. I get that it’d make it easier on SCP players but it needs to stay the way it is to ensure fairness and legitimacy. Believe me, staff having “less to do” isn’t something that is effected much by 1 minute self breach sits, it’s the rule breaking sits that take up our time most.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

16 hours ago, Nydekore said:

+Support to the voice lines and such

-Support to independent self breach. Staff should have a window of time to check that the adverts were done properly and fairly. I get that it’d make it easier on SCP players but it needs to stay the way it is to ensure fairness and legitimacy. Believe me, staff having “less to do” isn’t something that is effected much by 1 minute self breach sits, it’s the rule breaking sits that take up our time most.

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

Self breaching could be better, I would love to have it be something one can do on their own. I think a solid medium solution would fix the issue with verification of validity would work best. Let SCPs breach doors, but have to call staff when its done to put the sign. This sounds redundant, but here is my reasoning

1: Self breaches are just typing right now. You advert, you wait. You advert, you wait. Adding a personal interaction to it, that gives the scps something to do? That would be an encouragement to play. 

2: It would result in more interesting gameplay, allowing the scps to tear their way out of their cell in ways that fit them perhaps. 682 being able to do it faster, 610 having an actual biohazard effect on his cell, shit like that would be really cool. 

3: Self breach sits, fast. Rule break sits, long. But you know the longest sit of all you take?
having to explain how self breaching works in the first place because the motd is confusing as hell to some people on how it works.

As for the sounds? Hell. YES. Give 939 its voice mimic lines from CB, bind em to R. 096 is already getting ambience. 682 having a roar could be fun to scare people with a whole "oh lawd he comin" vibe to it. 035 could have some lines too, taken from CB or from other 035 media, such as SCP Sedition. 

+Support for certain, if implemented correctly.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

23 hours ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

Self breaching could be better, I would love to have it be something one can do on their own. I think a solid medium solution would fix the issue with verification of validity would work best. Let SCPs breach doors, but have to call staff when its done to put the sign. This sounds redundant, but here is my reasoning

1: Self breaches are just typing right now. You advert, you wait. You advert, you wait. Adding a personal interaction to it, that gives the scps something to do? That would be an encouragement to play. 

2: It would result in more interesting gameplay, allowing the scps to tear their way out of their cell in ways that fit them perhaps. 682 being able to do it faster, 610 having an actual biohazard effect on his cell, shit like that would be really cool. 

3: Self breach sits, fast. Rule break sits, long. But you know the longest sit of all you take?
having to explain how self breaching works in the first place because the motd is confusing as hell to some people on how it works.

As for the sounds? Hell. YES. Give 939 its voice mimic lines from CB, bind em to R. 096 is already getting ambience. 682 having a roar could be fun to scare people with a whole "oh lawd he comin" vibe to it. 035 could have some lines too, taken from CB or from other 035 media, such as SCP Sedition. 

+Support for certain, if implemented correctly.

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with the first part. Adding on to what your saying it would be cool if the new SWEP could just advert for them or put a message in chat that everyone could see like the Supply raid. I could see a way for staff to still be integrated and monitor the self breaching processes. 

Edited by Sprink

On 7/19/2021 at 3:50 AM, Sprink said:

We saw the first version of this with the old 682 SWEP where he could breach doors.

Can i have a link to this swep your talking about. 

On 7/19/2021 at 3:50 AM, Sprink said:

096 - Crying Sound / Screaming

These 2 are actually on the server just not on the content pack sadly, hopefully will be fixed soon.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:32 PM, MexicanGuy said:

+Support

The only problems I see here are 1: Abusing the sweps. 2: File size/lagging the server. However, if these problems were fixed or were not an issue then this idea would surely benefit the server greatly.

+Support a very cool idea i remember when 682 had that old swep and honestly it was the best scp on the server for a time

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

6 hours ago, Coltable said:

Can i have a link to this swep your talking about. 

These 2 are actually on the server just not on the content pack sadly, hopefully will be fixed soon.

I do not have a link to the 682 SWEP due to I believe Igneous custom making it. I would contact him for that.

Due to the sheer complexity of our self-breaching processes and multiple other factors, it is not feasible to have self breaching like you discussed. However, @Coltablehas looked at sounds for our SWEPs before so if you want to chime in that would be great!

big cat running GIF

In regards to new sounds and effects for SCP's I have just added 7 new custom made sound effects for 682 and a new crying sound effect for 096. I will continue adding more sounds in the near future for other SCP's to increase our role-play environment within the server.