Tryouts Suggestion - Accepted - In Progress - Completed

SupremeChow

Do you want to see this?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this?

• Yes
    • No

Tryouts Suggestion 
What you want to see? -  I would like to see tryouts be hosted at anytime by appropriate FTO ranks in each of their perspective departments 

Why should we add it? - I believe it should be discussed amongst the high command discord between SMT and Dept. heads first though, but essentially I think we should allow FTO's of their respective departments to hold tryouts with a shorter cooldown than the normal tryouts  (which is a few months in-between each I believe, (Maybe bi-weekly)), I have played almost every GamingLight server that has something similar to departments weather it be branches in SCP-RP or Battalion's in Imperial RP and I see that PoliceRP is the only server that makes tryouts not common and rather persuades people to apply for depts. As we have a vast number of players across many time zones, people often miss tryouts or PD meetings in order to reach ranks for applications. This would encourage joining departments and possibly increase activity. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Influences players to keep playing on the server as they don't have to feel it is a grindy game for a specific rank then carefully apply on the forums like the rest of the GamingLight servers. 

Who is it mainly for? - All Departments / Sub Depts. 

5q3NfnC.png

+Support
Would bring activity
Also helps with time zone differences

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

+/-support

This was always, in my opinion, an arbitrary rule but I do still feel like we need regulation. Spamming tryouts isn't always a good thing but I do believe the cooldown should be lowered, it is once every 2 months at the moment. 

No it's not "Nano" or "Noah" it's just "Nao"

EX S.W.A.T Commander

+ Support

Mostly agree with everything said. Maybe lower the time in between tryouts for departments. It could help draw in people to said departments.

~Beelzebub | Gaminglight Member Since 2016
"If you want real happiness, you've got to find it for yourself! Not wait for someone to give it to you!"- Asuka Langley Soyru

+support

cooldown should be lowered, as currently, departments are limited to one every two months, which leads for people to have less opportunities to join departments, as well as the command of a given department having to bank a signifcant part of their growth on a once in two months event that may not always go well. Having played SCPRP, IRP, and PRP I feel that a tryouts system such as the ones on SCPRP and IRP would increase activity but as stated before, regulation is needed. Although the two month rule does keep it somewhat fair, if applied equally a 1 week-2 week cooldown could do the same thing! Not just for tac departments either. as a current/former command member in many depts, a bad tryout is one of the worst feeling ever, knowing that you now have to wait two more months to have another shot at getting new recruits. increasing tryouts would provide much needed growth to many depts.

Edited by jackyman21

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

+Support 

reasons above

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

+Support 2 months is quite a while just for tryouts, I don't see why not.

State Command | State Head FTO

SPRT Command

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

39 minutes ago, [GL] Mikey said:

-support 
I think the 2 months wait is good enough. Most people now join a department because someone is doing a tryout, rather than because they really want to be a part of it.

If I really wanted to join a department and wanted to show dedication, I would just apply. I like the idea though, I just don't think trying out for a department should be the optimal way to join a department.

State Command | SPRT Commander | PoliceRP Super Admin SS Agent | FBI Agent | Umbrella Corp Member

Accepted! Please allow up to a week for any suggestions you have requested to be added in game or on the forums. Updates on the progress of the suggestion will be announced on this post! 🙂

This will be discussed at the next HC meeting.

PoliceRP Manager

• 2 weeks later...