Disallow MTF/Foundation Members to camp Gates - Denied

That Fireman Guy

What are you suggesting? -  
To make it against the rules for MTF to Camp that Gates WITHOUT RP Reasons (They would NEED Knowledge of a incoming CI raid, not just the advert,  to start camping them)

How would this change better the server? -  Make it so CI can actually get inside the Facility without being Blasted by 30 different Explosive classes, giving them a actual chance.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Can't really think of any at the moment

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  CI, Sarkic, and (Possibly) D Class

Edited by That Fireman Guy

A bigger nerd than ever

+ Support for the gate camping
This wasn't really a problem until recently when it was mentioned that MTF are allowed to camp gates. I find it quite unfair towards CI. 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

2 hours ago, sosok7979 said:

+Support. Sometimes MTF camp gate a and just wait for us to exfil so they can kill the hostage or d class

This literally goes against the very suggestion, we know CI are in the facility with in RP info so why wouldn't we guard the gates to prevent an exfil?

More so the advert of a CI Raid is in fact in RP so I don't see why that is a problem. If the advert is in RP, we can act in RP.
Now if the advert is out of RP then that's a different issue, more so if its out of RP why even bother adverting if no one can use that info in RP and act with that said info.

And tbh it makes sense that a covert foundation would have guards stationed at the gates and not leave it unguarded, maybe make a limit on how many MTF can station there as a compromise.
I understand what the suggestion is trying to do but the clauses stated in here are flawed arguments that contradict each other.

-Support for now

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-Support, it makes perfect sense to me for a few guards to be stationed at Gate-A/B. Besides, the Insurgency also always has people guarding their gate if they have an anomaly or a hostage in their possession.

Asfar as the checkpoints go, these should always be guarded they are quite literally called check points, what would they be without anyone to check?

Edited by Phillers

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Just now, Phillers said:

-Support, it makes perfect sense to me for a few guards to be stationed at Gate-A/B. Besides, the Insurgency also always has people guarding their gate if they have an anomaly or a hostage in their possession.

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

This literally goes against the very suggestion, we know CI are in the facility with in RP info so why wouldn't we guard the gates to prevent an exfil?
More so the advert of a CI Raid is in fact in RP so I don't see why that is a problem. If the advert is in RP, we can act in RP.
Now if the advert is out of RP then that's a different issue, more so if its out of RP why even bother adverting if no one can use that info in RP and act with that said info.

And tbh it makes sense that a covert foundation would have guards stationed at the gates and not leave it unguarded, maybe make a limit on how many MTF can station there as a compromise.
I understand what the suggestion is trying to do but the clauses stated in here are flawed arguments that contradict each other.
-Support for now

Camping the gates makes it almost impossible for CI to even get into the facility, and you don't even guard it unless you see the advert.

Please feel free to station them at gates, that would be a RP reason, but don't do it JUST because of a CI Flag up advert. and Don't do it with Explosive classes, give CI a Chance, is what I'm asking.  I'm saying that yall shouldn't just start guarding it just due to a CI flag up advert. As it feels like metagaming and is extremely unfair to CI. 

A bigger nerd than ever

Camping gates is debatable, however I'd never agree about checkpoints. As long as CI has numbers that reflect a good percent of their roster they should have no problem achieving their goal of taking hostages or SCP, same goes for D class as long as they cooperate.

I've been part of raids when numbers were about equal, that with MTF stationed at checkpoints and those still managed to get us hostages.

Edited by Yeppes

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)

-support

Its literally our main job to keep the site secure and guard it against threats, We have been told we are allowed up to three guards at gate A or B, CI and Sarkics should be able to easily kill three people. We usually station people to guard it for up to 30 minutes at a time regardless of if there's enough people for a raid to take place. If we're restricted from doing our job by guarding these positions what will be next? No guarding dblock? No guarding scp's? Stopping us from doing a large part of our job doesn't make sense.

Rock.

Also when it comes to camping CPs, its one of Wardens primary duties to be at the LCZ/HCZ CPs and ID check people. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

Pretty sure some SMT said we can station upto if I'm not mistaken 3 MTF at the gate and if an entire CI raid cannot take down 3 MTF then I see an issue.
More so may I mention, over the past few days when they have been complaining, literally NO ONE has used gate B. It exists for a reason, now you may say isn't it near E11 base tho. I mean on times when there were no E11 on too.

Still maintaining my -Support

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

5 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Pretty sure igneous and rookie said we can station upto if I'm not mistaken 3 MTF at the gate and if an entire CI raid cannot take down 3 MTF then I see an issue.
More so may I mention, over the past few days when they have been complaining, literally NO ONE has used gate B. It exists for a reason, now you may say isn't it near E11 base tho. I mean on times when there were no E11 on too.

Still maintaining my -Support

It's not that CI can't take down 3 MTF, its that it's usually Explosive/ High Rate of DPS weapon using MTF, Imagine being immediately ripped apart by 3 CI Trap Experts at the same time while you can't fire at them due to them being around a corner. That's the sort of stuff I mean, also I sometimes highly doubt that there are just 3 MTF half the time, I've seen CI Raids instantly shut down in like 10 seconds.

I agree on the Gate B thing. 
Also I'm editing the suggestion, I changed my mind about Checkpoints.

Edited by That Fireman Guy

A bigger nerd than ever

• That Fireman Guy changed the title to Disallow MTF/Foundation Members to camp Gates

When it comes to Checkpoints its Wardens / MTF Job to guard it and check IDs. As for Gate A / B I would be pretty sure a whole CI raid would be able to take down 3 MTF guarding the gate.
-Support

Edited by Ashh

Former: Nu-7 Captain | Event Team Member | Maintenance Professional
Currently D-0007 

2 minutes ago, That Fireman Guy said:

It's not that CI can't take down 3 MTF, its that it's usually Explosive/ High Rate of DPS weapon using MTF, Imagine being immediately ripped apart by 3 CI Trap Experts at the same time while you can't fire at them due to them being around a corner. That's the sort of stuff I mean, also I sometimes highly doubt that there are just 3 MTF half the time, I've seen CI Raids instantly shut down in like 10 seconds.

I agree on the Gate B thing. 
Also I'm editing the suggestion, I changed my mind about Checkpoints.

Riot shields exist, Trap experts exists, waiting for one person to go in and scout the location exists, infils also exist. There are so many tactics to overcome to situation. I just feel like this Is unnecessary and can just be dealt with by teaching new tactics and the suggestion is just taking the easy way out

• Like 2

Former
|| 

2 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Riot shields exist, Trap experts exists, waiting for one person to go in and scout the location exists, infils also exist. There are so many tactics to overcome to situation. I just feel like this Is unnecessary and can just be dealt with by teaching new tactics and the suggestion is just taking the easy way out

I can agree, although most of those cost money, which the raiders might not have. 
All I'm gonna ask is that you try to enforce the 3 MTF rule, and at least try to avoid using Explosive classes (or just use 1) to do it, Even if Riot Shields exists, It doesn't stop the ones that don't.

Other than that, I'll keep this post up to see if there's other reasons, but personally, I've been convinced. I'll hide this post in a bit.

A bigger nerd than ever

+ Support (With being stationed at checkpoints, not gates)
- Ok, so recently, this has been an issue I've seen in Foundation comms whilst on the ET/Maynard job. + Support on not camping gates. Recently, as soon as CI does their Flag Up adverts for raids, I've seen some MTF say in Foundation Comms "Moving to EZ/HCZ, no guards stationed there" and then they run from D-Block.

- I think they should be able to watch checkpoints, but not gates. I mean, theres a whole point of it having a window. It's a security checkpoint.

- So  + Support on them being stationed at checkpoints, but they can't be running from D-Block as soon as adverts start happening. They need to start being at the checkpoints more often, not running back and forth depending on current ooc adverts.

I need to do better getting more evidence when this happens. I failed to get any last time, for reasons I don't remember. But it does need to stop. Metagame is becoming a slightly bigger issue in the sense of current adverts. 

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

I dont think its fair for MTF to camp gates when they see a flag up ping.

SF, Explosives, or a close range heavy job should never be at a gate waiting for CI to waltz in

I can see the limit being like two operatives during and after a CI raid, it really just needs to be discussed with MTF CMD about it as well

+/- Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

as long as a raid  not was adverted.

+Support

Edited by MexicanGuy

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

8 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support for now

Also so let's put it this way. You guys when you have a hostage at your base. You set up defenses, guard the entrance of your base set up explosives. Thats because you know MTF will EVENTUALLY come. So then why cant we sit there Advert or not and prepare for when you EVENTUALLY raid?

Edited by [GL] Mike
  • Like 1

Explosive Classes are getting removed soon i think and even if they are still there its very easy to send in heavys and sf with a lot of hp to tank the shots,
And its a gate and its meant to be guarded and its mainly mass raids with like 10-20 ci and there is like 2-3 nu7 protecting the camp only 2 can be a explosive classes

-Support

Current: ------
Former: Nu7 1lt/WO SFTOx2 ECRS Hammer and Sickle Unit   l Gensec SGT l E11 CPL/Ranger l Alpha-1 MSGT l  
kawaii cute anime GIF

1 hour ago, NeoID said:

+ Support (With being stationed at checkpoints, not gates)
- Ok, so recently, this has been an issue I've seen in Foundation comms whilst on the ET/Maynard job. + Support on not camping gates. Recently, as soon as CI does their Flag Up adverts for raids, I've seen some MTF say in Foundation Comms "Moving to EZ/HCZ, no guards stationed there" and then they run from D-Block.

- I think they should be able to watch checkpoints, but not gates. I mean, theres a whole point of it having a window. It's a security checkpoint.

- So  + Support on them being stationed at checkpoints, but they can't be running from D-Block as soon as adverts start happening. They need to start being at the checkpoints more often, not running back and forth depending on current ooc adverts.

I need to do better getting more evidence when this happens. I failed to get any last time, for reasons I don't remember. But it does need to stop. Metagame is becoming a slightly bigger issue in the sense of current adverts. 

^ Im agreeing with what Neo said.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

2 hours ago, R̦̺̐ͫő̼̺͊c̘k̄ said:

-support

Its literally our main job to keep the site secure and guard it against threats, We have been told we are allowed up to three guards at gate A or B, CI and Sarkics should be able to easily kill three people. We usually station people to guard it for up to 30 minutes at a time regardless of if there's enough people for a raid to take place. If we're restricted from doing our job by guarding these positions what will be next? No guarding dblock? No guarding scp's? Stopping us from doing a large part of our job doesn't make sense.

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

2 hours ago, That Fireman Guy said:

its that it's usually Explosive/ High Rate of DPS weapon using MTF

That's legit how it is for MTF when they raid CI

Current:           Retired
Ex:                    CI PD || CI RnD SR BIO IOI || SCP-RP Event Team || E11 Major || Administrator

-Support

Pretty much the issue you are trying to address is meta gaming when CI do their flag up advert. If MTF run to Gate A or EZ in preperation of the raid and you have valid proof from staff, Maynard, or just hop on 343 to spectate, report it.

I will try to ensure MTF command do not encourage or let the meta behavior happen, but as for guarding the gates and checkpoints that is fine to do.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

35 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

Pretty much the issue you are trying to address is meta gaming when CI do their flag up advert. If MTF run to Gate A or EZ in preperation of the raid and you have valid proof from staff, Maynard, or just hop on 343 to spectate, report it.

I will try to ensure MTF command do not encourage or let the meta behavior happen, but as for guarding the gates and checkpoints that is fine to do.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif