106 Warn Appeal

verycrankyredhead

Your In-game Name: Mark 

Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:433262315

The admin's name in-game: money printer go br br br /Hope 

The admin's steam name: [GL] Hope

What warning did you receive: Failrp / closeing doors as 106 

Why do you think this warn was false: First of all it doesn't say in the MOTD that i cant close doors. Which since i'm a LR in research is a habbit. Hope claimed i did it for advantage on MTF trying to escape me. Which is not the case when doors are opened after someone goes through that acctualy slows me down. as i cant jump through it and you can open the door before you touch it but you will touch for a second. Not to metion im slow ;-;

Evidence the warning is false: If someone can tell me what i can use as evidence that would be great because i don't know what could be evedince in this case.

Any extra information:N/A

Edited by verycrankyredhead

Retired Research Low Command

• Head Admin

+support
The only rules door wise I can think of is purposefully breaking doors.
Players position doors all the time to be in their favour. Whether closed to slow down enemies or open to create firing corridors and easier movement.
From my perspective it's a part of the game.  I see no reason for punishment here. 

I issued the warn after careful consideration for fail role play as 106 was necessary as he was closing door to gain an edge with, not only with his teleportation ability (TP) but also from escaping people. While some might argue that a warn for power gaming is more suitable for this case, I believe a warn for Failrp as 106 was necessary to document this incident. By the way, I remember the incident started when you started closing doors from escaping players and then grabbing them as you TP through them. I did not warn you for closing doors, this was the reason  ^. While I have lost the proof provided, I'm sure that that was the reason.  Fail RP warn here is that 106 does not just close the door at people's face and TP to grab them. Realistically, he TP through them without closing any doors.

If I said some thing wrong or I forgot to say some thing in the sit, my bad. However, I am pretty sure this was the reason.

By the way, if I remember correctly, wasn't Pixel and Rhodes yelling at you because you fail RP?

The person reported it was a Nu7 and Rhodes.

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

3 hours ago, Hope said:

but also from escaping people.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. He's not a KOS nor FearRP-able SCP.

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Realistically, he TP through them without closing any doors.

Honestly, the same could be said for all SCPs. I'm +Supporting, cause there is no rule saying 106 can't close doors to trap people. In fact, ngl, its ingenious.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

8 hours ago, Weiss said:

The only rules door wise I can think of is purposefully breaking doors.
Players position doors all the time to be in their favour. Whether closed to slow down enemies or open to create firing corridors and easier movement.
From my perspective it's a part of the game.  I see no reason for punishment here. 

Weiss laid it out well. No MOTD rule currently prohibits SCP 106 from utilizing doors for his benefit similar to most all other SCPs and branches. The only cases that I can think of off hand that messing with doors is a specific rule violation is intentionally breaking doors to receive an RP benefit, or closing doors while cuffed as resistance to being dragged somewhere.

And because I already know it's going to be coming next, the blacklist for SCP 343, 999, 106 and 173 is being revoked as well.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Accepted

To have your warn removed, go to the "Bans" Section at the top of the forums, navigate to your profile, find the warning for this appeal, and for the reason on the appeal, link this post.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021