SCP-096 Rework - Accepted

NetworkParadox

What you want to see? - 

I want SCP-096 to be near completely reworked. 096 as it is now is not fun to play, and is very jagged in its gameplay. Almost no one plays 096 due to the sheer boredom that takes place when playing unless theres a test on going. Someone can stare as 096 for 1.5 seconds and "technically" be fine, regardless of rules or even gameplay stability. 096 should not be nearly as weak as it is, considering its suppose to be a monster with high lethality rates when around it. 

1. 096 S.W.E.P is either completely changed, or the 2 second rule of looking at him is reduce to 1 second or instant.

2. 096 SWEP should ONE-SHOT anyone it hits. The hit regulation is already terrible on this SWEP,   theres no need to do it several times.

3. Anyone who looks at 096 while enraged WILL count.

4. When enraged, he can force open any door instantly to reach his target.

Why should we add it? - 

1. Looking at 096 for 2 seconds makes it impossible to unintentionally look at 096. Simply look away and whine that you didnt look for long enough, when in lore and in nearly every game of 096 its instant. This will reduce admin sits and make 096 more playable...

2. Hit regulation for this SWEP is terrible. Forcing multiple hits for a creature that can destroy any material known to man to a human is ridiculously tedious and unrealistic, not to mention bad for gameplay.

3. This will increase lethality for 096, making him more of a threat to the Foundation (since he has ZERO threat level as he is now).

What are the advantages of having this? -
More players will play 096, and fans of this SCP (many people) will love this change and to see 096 make an impact while breached. Generally bettering the gameplay.

Who is it mainly for? -
SCP-096

Edited by NetworkParadox

+/-Support

While I do think we to work on 096 a little, this is just not it. This would make 096  VERY hard to counter and would screw with balance to make it 096 sided instead if MTF sided. I understand this would be more lore friendly, but we are semi serious and balance comes before lore.

(mainly talking about 1 and 3, swep needs fixing for sure)

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

23 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+/-Support

While I do think we to work on 096 a little, this is just not it. This would make 096  VERY hard to counter and would screw with balance to make it 096 sided instead if MTF sided. I understand this would be more lore friendly, but we are semi serious and balance comes before lore.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

48 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+/-Support

I mean not really, just not look at his face, but if you do, then you're dead.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

6 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+/-Support

5 hours ago, Gunther said:

I mean not really, just not look at his face, but if you do, then you're dead.

The thing is, Staff has no way to check outside of recordings wether or not a player actually looked at 096.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+support

As 096 is now hes about as dangerous as a drunk potato. Within lore, hes one of the more dangerous SCPs to have breached, and his playstyle should reflect that. With the upcoming rework of SCP: SL, I think it would be a great time to follow suit in reworking 096 to be more compatent.

1 hour ago, NetworkParadox said:

ADDED ONE NEW RULE:

096 can force open ANY door instantly when enraged to reach his target.

Actually yes, that would fit lore perfectly, since nothing can impede him from reaching his target. I believe his SWEP does or did have a feature that made it so he could open any door. +Support.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, NetworkParadox said:

1. 096 S.W.E.P is either completely changed, or the 2 second rule of looking at him is reduce to 1 second or instant.

1 Second is fine.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, NetworkParadox said:

4. When enraged, he can force open any door instantly to reach his target.

@Rookieblue Can you add these to the rules next time you get a chance?

• Like 1

big cat running GIF