Possible Branch Additions - Denied

GLaDOS

What do you want to see? - I want to see the possibility of more branches getting added.

Why should we add it? - It would add more lore and more possibilities for newer players and veteran players alike. Of course, it wouldn't be perfect to start off with as nothing really is. I'm just throwing some ideas out here for possible development, all of these ideas I have I will present them, give a quick summary about them and then how I think they might work.
Note Before Starting: All of these suggestions are actual lore, they come from here: http://www.scp-wiki.net/list-of-foundation-s-internal-departments

Manufacturing Department
Sub Branch to Utilities | Maybe A Completely Different Branch

"Manufacturing Department is responsible for fulfilling any material requests that can arise during capture, containment, or any other Foundation process. Manufacturing Department has several Sites and Zones wholly devoted to constructing a wide profile of custom-made or mass-produced items. Designing and manufacturing are often done on-site for security reasons. For the same reasons, neither the manufacturing staff nor the design documents ever leave the facility's limits. These are usually stocked with modern equipment and are heavily guarded." - Direct Quote From the SCP Wiki

At a certain rank in Utilities, you could get trained for Manufacturing or if its a branch by itself you'd just swap to the trainee job. Basically it would be centered around rolls and props, developing new tools/weapons/ammunition, things that could be useful for the foundation and its personnel, it would be mainly the Manufacturing person's job to come up with the ideas. If the idea is good enough they can post their new stuff on the forums, similar to how research posts test logs. Just an idea, if SMT thinks otherwise than, by all means, do it.

The Intelligence Agency
Sub Branch to Either Research or MTF | Maybe A Completely Different Branch

Summary: "The Intelligence Agency is tasked with searching, tracking, and capturing uncontained SCP objects and gathering intelligence on hostile groups of interest. Undercover IA cells exist in every major populated area and disguised as civilian objects and institutions. Intelligence agents are usually recruited from various defense and law enforcement agencies and special services of the world." - Direct Quote From the SCP Wiki

I was thinking this could be a donator branch/sub-branch, similar to how Epsilon-11 is. Except maybe higher than Bronze+, how I was thinking this worked is that the 'Agents' for this branch would oversee any new information that comes and goes through the facility, with access to almost every comms but A1 (or maybe A1 if they are Level 4+ Personnel, possibly the higher ranks could get access to it once they are trusted more), they would be responsible for making sure that there are no information leaks and if there is to re-contain it. Also, there could be a position for interrogations, similar to A1's ITM Agents they would interrogate people who leak information or people who have the information they want.

Internal Security Department
Sub Branch to Security

Summary: "ISD is a concealed "foundation within the Foundation", a secret police force responsible for filtering traitors as well as operational and information security risks among the Foundation's ranks. The department is strictly hierarchical, adhering to stringently defined multi-stage investigative protocol. Potential ISD agents must have a perfect service record and a length of Foundation service of more than a year. Usually, every ISD agent keeps his "official" position in order to provide his command a first-hand account of everything happening in a given department. The very existence of ISD is usually presented as a myth. The "official" responsibility of ISD is investigation and interrogation of captured GOI agents, although that part of ISD officially belongs to the Security Department for the purpose of secrecy."  - Direct Quote From the SCP Wiki

How this could work is maybe they collaborate with RCF, but super secretive sort of like Alpha-1 and they do safety inspections of security measures such as maintaining the Gates (A and B) or the checkpoints for each zone, they could also help recontain SCPs and do more Advanced patrols around each zone. At a certain rank in GenSec, you can get trained for this. They could primarily help secure D-Block or it could just be a job that you don't flag up to until you're needed, like RCF.

Another thing I was thinking of, is more MTF Branches. For more options for people to pick! Here's a list of MTF Branches I Think could work.

-Edit: Removed MTF Suggestion | They Were Already Made Into CCs

-Edit: Adding Another Idea

Because there are already so many MTF Branches and Foundation, what about more GOIs? I've searched the wiki and came up with these for a couple of ideas on GOIs we could possibly implement.

Note: Most of the GOIs below are going to be formed off of Chaos Insurgency because well, its the best/only GOI to base it off of.

The Serpents Hand
GOI Hostile Towards Foundation

It could work as just a military, the Serpent's hand "Agents" wouldn't be as heavily armored as CI nor have a Research division (unless you want them to), they could have equipment a little more Low-Key rather than the bounties of armor that CI has, but they should still be able to compete with foundation. There could be a debate on whether or not Serpent's Hand and Chaos Insurgency should be Hostile towards each other, I personally don't think so, mostly because in the lore they have worked together peacefully before, but one thing is for sure. They should not be able to raid together/at the same time.

Anderson Robotics 
Hostile GOI

I know what you are thinking "But GLaDOS, this is supposed to be used for Events." Well, hear me out. I was thinking that the Hierarchy of Anderson Robotics could be mostly humans as well as their research/development team (the people who create the robots), but for the military aspect for them could be all robots. Thinking logically anyone with importance wouldn't really be in the fighting, so we could make all the jobs for AR robots. 

Other GOIs could work, but these are the two I see working the best. I also got all of these off of this site http://www.scp-wiki.net/groups-of-interest.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone.

Links to any content - Sources for Information: http://www.scp-wiki.net/task-forces | http://www.scp-wiki.net/list-of-foundation-s-internal-departments | http://www.scp-wiki.net/groups-of-interest

Edited by GLaDOS

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

+support to the manufacturing department, this actually seems like a cool idea for utility and would allow for more roleplay. Basically Research Development but better.

-support to the rest.

As much as they sound cool, there is already an Eta CC and a sigma 66 CC so adding the branch just seems a little bit awkward.

Intelligence Agency is also a CC but its worse because I don't see how much stuff they can do and they basically seem like a weaker A1. Same with internal security department. Internal security seems like Gensec's form of special forces but it would need a lot of tweaking to work.

Cool ideas though!

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

+Support manufacturing is cool, we've already done a lot of roleplay similar to this in Technical.

If we get large enough to consider sub branches in Tech, this will very likely become a main idea for one.

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

+/- support

I like this idea and all but rn the weapons and combat balancing would be a big issue, also, we already have a lot of different branches with only a 2 life rule. Honestly, all of them may be either too similar or too much put in.

insert cliched signature 

53 minutes ago, starr said:

+/- support

I like this idea and all but rn the weapons and combat balancing would be a big issue, also, we already have a lot of different branches with only a 2 life rule. Honestly, all of them may be either too similar or too much put in.

@starr Edited so balance out GOIs and Foundation/MTF.

Hope you Enjoy This Edit 🙂

Edited by GLaDOS

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

4 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

+Support manufacturing is cool, we've already done a lot of roleplay similar to this in Technical.

If we get large enough to consider sub branches in Tech, this will very likely become a main idea for one.

I like the manufacturing department.

-/+Support For the rest because first will the IA that's gonna be like what the new Research Spy Class gonna do, ISD Is also useless since we have COMMAND members, the GOI's Seems pointless, overall I don't want to make more branches for the sake of members and activity the more branches we add the more fewer members all branches will have and activity, for example, Research could completely die from this as well as Janitorial, Medical, and possibly even MTF branches might be affected negatively from this, but if these do become sub-branches it could benefit all of the branches.

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

On 3/5/2020 at 12:21 PM, BadAim said:

+Support for the ISD

I have a partially written SOP to go with it if it’s added as well

Id love to help ya. I have ideas for how the jobs can work. But +support on ISD

for manufacturing its a meh. If we uae a building on the surface that can allow E-11 to guard a new area. 
badaim let me join ya and ill make you a “goodAim” lol but 🙂

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 3/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, starr said:

+/- support

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Please make a separate suggestion going into details of how Anderson robotics would work, I think out of everything right now the most intrigueing would be another GOI. As far as the rest, I don't think I wish to look more into them at this time.

big cat running GIF