DT Scrambler [Attempt 2]

Posted (edited)

What do you want to see?:The DT Scrambler aka dt_encrypter to be added to all High Command jobs and to all of the DT Job's

Why should we add it?: This would add some more interesting ways for DT to guard there VIP. Currently it is beyond impossible for anyone below the rank of MAJ in DT to communicate to there VIp. DT enlisted and above can only type. Meaning they have to run after there VIP hoping they stay in a straight line while guarding. This would make people want to join DT as they can talk.

What are the advantages of having this?: The main advantages of having this is making DT able to uplink Temp VIP's or don't have access to there DT teamspeak. This also allows DT to communicate to HC who are not in there Teamspeak.

Who is it mainly for?: DeathTroopers

Links to any content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2683697916&searchtext=

How it works:https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2cfO6Lq7vXW6nI/d1337xortbTp?invite=cr-MSxpb0IsMTkxOTc4Nzgs

Edited by DT CMDR AX4
  • Like 1

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

+Support

Used this on another server and it worked very well.

Allowed for more immersive RP and for DT to communicate with their VIP below the rank of MAJ.

• Like 1

DT UN0 Imperial Commando Enforcer Diabeto | DT LEAN UN0

200.gif?cid=790b7611cdad345942cde75f0b1d 

Ex: [The First] IC 1156 Maroon | IC 3222 Atin | Purge BJL 1LT Diabeto PB39 IC DMOV VCMDR 1262 Scorch | DT F16

Talren's First and Only Personal Lean Trooper

+1 yes bro

hi im jimmy

current: coolest guy around

former: Tank SHC CSM (and also enlisted) IC DME CPL 501st HVYAL, (coolest) ARCAL Hammer, COL for 10 mins, & VCMDR | DT Sarlacc SPC SF Onyx WO © 4568 Blu © 4457 Reaper 1207 Sev

Posted (edited)

+Support
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this exact thing added and then removed almost immediately once because of lag issues? Both RG and DT had one if I remember correctly. Still +1 bc this thing is dope

Edited by Stage

Current

| Sovereign Protector Kir Kanos |
Former

| Shadow Guard VII Stage (2020) || Shadow Guard Lead Ren Blackstar (2023-2024)|

Stage thats correct however that was about a year ago now there's been several updates to it now and a LOT of bug fixes

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

+Support

* Will help with recruitment and incentivize communication with VIP's etc 

• Like 1

DT Vice Commander XO1||Purge NCO Spectre 03||GM-III Salt

Reserve(s): MC COL/Pararescue Salt

Former: MC Commander, DT SC01 XXIII (First Tick 23 SC01), SCT NCO
Into The Fires of Battle,Unto The Anvil of War

+Support

This needs to be added so badly because even myself I have a bind to unmute in ts and it makes me talk in game. While I can't fix that it could get other DT in trouble for talking on accident trying to unmute in ts. If this can be added and the aforementioned issues can be fixed I don't see why it shouldn't be added

Current Ranks: The Eighth Brother
Former Ranks: SCP RP: Former CI 2LT l  l Former D5 2LT l Former Senior Moderator l Former RRH Guardian Juliet 7 Level 100 Gang
Imperial RP: Former DT 1SGT l Former IF Senior Agent l Former Naval Commander 
Police RP: Former Police CPL l Former SRT PVT l Worst Police RP PVPER

+ Support

I'd have joined DT by now if it weren't for the rule that you can't talk unless you reach a certain rank solely because I would talk so often by accident. With this addon that very problem would be solved. All DT would be able to speak freely with only those who are supposed to understand them being able to do so.

• Like 1

First ever ISB:IA
Fleet Admiral Gallius Rax

Super Admin

+support

-Would bring something cool to DT

-Brings more RP

Current: Super Admin Former: Sovereign Protector| |

DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

• Head Admin

+support

If it works on the server then it would be awesome!

Highest General Resin

Head Admin

2ND EVER TANK CMDR Ex ST VCMDR Ex STRM Lead Ex SCTAL Ex DT PFC Ex Senior Gamemaster

+support

-Would bring something cool to DT

-Brings more RP

• Like 1

current- DT CPT XI3GM Current Staff-SNRMOD
 former-Royal Guard XII Carol 501st HVYL Carol 501ST LTCOL Carol ST 2LT Carol DT M36 Staff/GM team Former-MOD GM IIx2

+Support
-Allows DT to Communicate to their VIP Better
-Brings More RP
-Something cool for DT to have

Current: Senior Commander

Former: Second SisterNinth SisterSaber Guard IncarceratusOmega Squad 3222 AtinDT SGT
  Head Of Refinement 

SUPPORT++++

- This idea helps DT members to use their voice scramblers without actually having to import files and binds for their speech

- Voice scramblers allow easier communication between DT and their VIP and fellow DT brothers

- Passive rp will also be enhanced as people can "understand" DT making a purpose of it being redacted

- Enlisted up till CPT can't speak freely using their voice and are confined to only typing but with this they can have a voice

Current DT WO CEO

Past   SHOCK HVAL COL Maw76 SK002

+Support
For the past few years, the current voice scrambler is kinda useless, as most DT don't remember what each one means, it is a soundboard, and not really any DT bother to use it.

Adding this would make DT RP better, and would allow enlisted to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

+ Support

Would be pretty easy to implement I'd imagine.

If this doesn't pan out, then alternatively you could simplify the typing process. Perhaps by adding [Scrambled] in front of your text to signify that you're talking to either a fellow DT or a VIP who can understand it. Then if you want to talk normally, simply type [Unscrambled] so that other people can "hear" you speak.

This is the system we used in Icefuse's ImperialRP, and it worked wonders. Granted I'm not in DT, so I have no clue how the system works. I've heard it's a bit too complicated lmao.

Edited by _Butter_

• 3 weeks later...

+Support

- An actual voice scrambler, allow DTs to communicate with their VIP
- More people would like to join DT as they can now talk in-game

Retired Field Commander
Current: R Purge COL / Overseer | DT Seeker Honor

FormerField Commander | Senior Commander | The Second Sister | Eighth Brother Pyke Captain
pixel-art.gif

• 4 weeks later...