General Suggestion - Defib Rules - Denied

Pankyeatspancakes

What are you suggesting? -

I am suggesting the addition of a very basic defibrillator rule in the MOTD. It would read as follows, "A defibllirator can only be used if you are not in combat, you are not in combat if the party that is engaging you, your group or the person you are trying to revive, has either been killed or has disengaged combat by leaving the area and breaking line of sight." I've recently encountered many situations where a person with a defibrillator has revived someone after i had just killed them, this is of course completely unbalanced as that means in long range combat, like surface, people can just respawn on their corpse as many times as they want aslong as the medic has defib charges. As you can't kill the medic as they will just cower behind cover while they keep reviving.

How would this change better the server? - 

It would balance out the defibrillator so it is only a tool that you can use out of combat to revive people, like its supposed to be. Right now It's extremely unbalanced as the people without one will always be outclassed by the ones that do have one, as even if you kill someone thats in a group with a defibrillator user present, they will just immedeatly be revived. This means that even if the party without one kills them 3 times, they still will lose as they will just respawn infront of them.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. 

I genuinely don't see any. It restores the Defib to its intended purpose of reviving people while not in combat instead of a quick respawn to keep fighting even after death. It would balance out the chasm between non-defib groups and defib groups which would make people care more about dying, thus making them more combat effective as they value their life more.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

It would mostly benefit non defib branches. It would make them more fun to play on so it would increase their activity.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Pankyeatspancakes
Added rule example

Security 1LT | Wardens WDE Nu7 2LT | DHTR CA Titania E11 MAJ | SCN STF D4 Silvanus BE6 | RRH GUARDIAN Lima 25

+Support There is no reason mf's should be able to come back more than once. It makes it unfair for everyone who has to deal with it and brings a stupid advantage that should not  even exist

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

28 minutes ago, a frog said:

+Support There is no reason mf's should be able to come back more than once. It makes it unfair for everyone who has to deal with it and brings a stupid advantage that should not  even exist

-Support
This really only negatively effects GOI as they're pursued while on site, considering Bio sawbones is the only combatant job with defibs that can be targeted by any and all combatants unlike field medic which 1 is not pursued and 2 is not a combatant and can only be killed/targeted by E4 exclusively not to mention Sawbones can only revive twice in site total per raid.

Edited by K I W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

24 minutes ago, K I W I said:

-Support
This really only negatively effects GOI as they're pursued while on site, considering Bio sawbones is the only combatant job with defibs that can be targeted by any and all combatants unlike field medic which 1 is not pursued and 2 is not a combatant and can only be killed/targeted by E4 exclusively not to mention Sawbones can only revive twice in site total per raid.

-support defibs are literally only useful in combat. There's a time limit on how long someone who's died can be revived and it's only like 30 seconds. Few combat situations end in that time. Shoot the medics or come up with a better assault plan

Edited by Dutch-

image.png

1 hour ago, K I W I said:

-Support

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

34 minutes ago, K I W I said:

-Support

it also creates a loophole where one can get out of line of sight just by closing a door, and defibing on the spot instead of waiting a set time. (as you didnt include a time for being out of combat)

Current:  CI COL CI RND SVA Proud Rho 36 Shaman and Rho 36 "Infiltrator" Group Vanguard 
Former:
MTF E11 LTCOL A1 2LT SF Aphrodite Z36 | STF D4 Ares BA4 | Banana Fridge
image_2022-05-22_140652598.png.a43e32322881c9c08e9e8cc14a119ee4.png

43 minutes ago, K I W I said:

-Support

This is straight up facts

10 hours ago, K I W I said:

-Support

The Snipeof all Snipers
  Head Of Longshot, Major  ~  Nu7 SM G.O.C Deputy Head of Nail, CPLSVA, V4 ██████ IV E-11 SGT, La Feria

ezgif-5-1afe476b1c.gif.2124125d4fed17d7800b46ba52c6d55b.gif                                                                                      

-Support

You can only review someone , I. A timeframe of 30 seconds. After that it is impossible, if it happens on surface, where there is almost no cover. And then it also freezes you for a few seconds. And even then the person doesn’t get reviewed with full Health.