Numerous map changes - Denied

Sean Johnson

1. Remove the Gamma and kill house elevator and replace them with teleporters. However leave the elevator at the entrance as this could have an impact on CI base raids. 

2. Make Gate A & B closer and remove doors from Gate A (7 doors) to make it practical for CI to use both gates.

3. Remove MTF spawn from EZ to prevent them being there are hearing the elevator and fighting CI in the choke points early. (I do not blame MTF for catching CI in the elevator so often, it is an inherent flaw with the map. To say some cope like "Report them to their command" is unfair, they are just there regularly as they spawn there and buy guns there.

4. Remove the pointless forest to the right of CI base, or 4b. Reduce it in size largely.

A lot of these suggestions will benefit CI. Even if you are an MTF main, without CI you are going to find the server is very boring and makes E11 and D5 Redundant. They will then result to fighting D class. This in turn makes D class unfun. D class are the new players to the server. We should make their experience as fun as possible so they stay around and join our  community.

Edited by Sean Johnson
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sean Johnson said:

1. Remove the Gamma and kill house elevator and replace them with teleporters. However leave the elevator at the entrance as this could have an impact on CI base raids. 

2. Make Gate A & B closer and remove doors to make it actually practical for CI to use Gate B.

3. Remove MTF spawn from EZ to prevent them being there are hearing the elevator and fighting CI in the choke points early. (I do not blame MTF for catching CI in the elevator so often, it is an inherent flaw with the map. To say some cope like "Report them to their command" is unfair, they are just there regularly as they spawn there and buy guns there.

4. Remove the pointless forest to the right of CI base, or 4b. Reduce it in size largely.

A lot of these suggestions will benefit CI. Even if you are an MTF main, without CI you are going to find the server is very boring and makes E11 and D5 Redundant. They will then result to fighting D class. This in turn makes D class unfun. D class are the new players to the server. We should make their experience as fun as possible so they stay around and join our  community.

wait u mean remove doors from gates A n B?

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

-support this requires an hell ton of money also you can't move MTF Out of EZ they have been in EZ since 2020, if you can pay for map editting than sure! but changes to the map don't really come easily altho moving gate B away from the MTF spawn is not a bad idea.  or just remove the sounds of gate B/A

Edited by Proximo
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

13 hours ago, Proximo said:

-support this requires an hell ton of money also you can't move MTF Out of EZ they have been in EZ since 2020, if you can pay for map editting than sure! but changes to the map don't really come easily altho moving gate B away from the MTF spawn is not a bad idea.  or just remove the sounds of gate B/A

-Support

• Dislike 1

ALL EX: bobawhy/oni/sukuna

current ranks: ci lcmd | a-1 enlisted | certified dumbass  event team member | moderator

ex-ranks: scp-rp senior moderator event team member | police-rp moderator | research lcmd

we dont talk about my time as omega-1 lt-cmdr that never happened

On 2/7/2023 at 10:58 AM, Sean Johnson said:

Unnecessary map change. -Support

2. Make Gate A & B closer and remove doors from Gate A (7 doors) to make it practical for CI to use both gates.

I would be more inclined to increase doors on Gate B rather then remove from Gate A. -Support

If you have proof of MTF metagaming CI, then talk to your cmd. It makes sense for them to be in EZ to deploy easily to surface situations and control exits to the foundation. Also too big of a change for the map. -Support

While I agree on the majority from this. If CI were gone the focus would shift to SCP's and the prime vector of the server will shift to that. While I believe CI is a major part what I don't believe is that major changes should be made just to please them and ignore the whole focus of an SCP server

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

7 hours ago, Ayaya said:

I would be more inclined to increase doors on Gate B rather then remove from Gate A. -Support

If you have proof of MTF metagaming CI, then talk to your cmd. It makes sense for them to be in EZ to deploy easily to surface situations and control exits to the foundation. Also too big of a change for the map. -Support

While I agree on the majority from this. If CI were gone the focus would shift to SCP's and the prime vector of the server will shift to that. While I believe CI is a major part what I don't believe is that major changes should be made just to please them and ignore the whole focus of an SCP server

first of all yes the server would take a HUGE hit if ci was not apart of the server, With CI you already have MTF standing around doing nothing standing inside of dblock making it impossible for d class to do anything making the experience for new player terrible. Without CI you would have 3 mtf branches with nothing to do as D5 and certain jobs on e11 and nu7 are only meant for pvp with CI so those jobs would be completly useless.

Second the elevator to kill house was supposed to be a teleport not a Elevator.

More doors for CI sounds great but look at Site 50 the map everyone wants to go back to as it was amazing for RP and for PVP gate a had more doors but no elevator so it was actually worth going there, Gate B had less doors but a elevator so people didnt really use it all that much.
Now lets take a look at this map NOBODY USES GATE A except for e11 it is utterly useless for everyone else 7 doors and 2 elevators is way to much.

Third: MTF have always metagamed us going into site this has been happening since before i joined the server site 50 fixed alot of the issues by making MTF spawn a decent bit away from where CI were.

Fourth: Surface is already laggy if not more laggy than site 50 so many ci have crashed going onto surface because of the amount of props and trees that are there its not a hard change.

On 2/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Proximo said:

Also it wouldnt cost much bro maybe 500$ but if your scared of the money aspect change back to site 50 where everything was fine 

Overall of these changes are needed and are not hard to accomplish smt just have to get someone to do the changes and if that is not possible change back to a old map ITS NOT HARD other servers do it constantly so why cant we This map has caused so many people to leave because of the performence hit not even mentioning the forced RP making PVP completly bland 

Massive +support these are changed that need to happen and if they dont then CHANGE THE MAP 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

-Support

I have to agree with Ayaya on this one.

A lot of these changes not only are extremely CI sided but are either not thought out ideas or just plain unnecessary.

Just to be fair Ill give my thoughts on each point as unbiased as I can.

1. Replacing the killhouse elevator with a teleporter seems fine, unnecessary for a solidary update but fine to include in a larger map update.

2. Editing the entrances would be difficult. Gate B is incredibly easy for CI, perhaps too easy. The site itself might be a bit too hard for CI but Gate B is a free entrance into EZ. For the issue of MTF metagaming CI, I find it hard to believe. The only place that MTF spawn is near Gate B is the Site Admin Offices of which 90% of MTF can not access. If MTF is in EZ and not in their spawn it is not metagame to go check the Gate B entrance if they hear it open, that is perfectly within RP.

As for Gate A, 6 locked doors and 2 elevators is a lot, perhaps a bit excessive. I would understand removing the lock from 2 of the doors and removing one of the fenced entrance to make it 3 locked doors and 2 elevators.

3. Removing MTF spawn from EZ is not something that can be done. It already makes no sense for a MOBLIE task group to be on site at all but for server purposes it would not work. MTF need access to surface and HCZ pretty easily, them being in EZ only makes sense. If the issue is the metagame, report them to their command/staff WITH PROOF but we could also move their spawn slightly further and Gate B slightly the other way in order to make it more difficult for Metagame.

4. Removing the part of the forest is unnecessary. The point of the forest is for cover and camouflage to people harvesting wood. Reducing the surface assets for server performance is something that could be done and I think that would be a decent use of SMT resources.

TLDR: Some of these changes could be done, not all are necessary and some are not possible to implement. 

22 hours ago, Hex-G said:

-Support

A lot of these changes not only are extremely CI sided but are either not thought out ideas or just plain unnecessary.

1. Replacing the killhouse elevator with a teleporter seems fine, unnecessary for a solidary update but fine to include in a larger map update.

2. Editing the entrances would be difficult. Gate B is incredibly easy for CI, perhaps too easy. The site itself might be a bit too hard for CI but Gate B is a free entrance into EZ. For the issue of MTF metagaming CI, I find it hard to believe. The only place that MTF spawn is near Gate B is the Site Admin Offices of which 90% of MTF can not access. If MTF is in EZ and not in their spawn it is not metagame to go check the Gate B entrance if they hear it open, that is perfectly within RP.

As for Gate A, 6 locked doors and 2 elevators is a lot, perhaps a bit excessive. I would understand removing the lock from 2 of the doors and removing one of the fenced entrance to make it 3 locked doors and 2 elevators.

3. Removing MTF spawn from EZ is not something that can be done. It already makes no sense for a MOBLIE task group to be on site at all but for server purposes it would not work. MTF need access to surface and HCZ pretty easily, them being in EZ only makes sense. If the issue is the metagame, report them to their command/staff WITH PROOF but we could also move their spawn slightly further and Gate B slightly the other way in order to make it more difficult for Metagame.

4. Removing the part of the forest is unnecessary. The point of the forest is for cover and camouflage to people harvesting wood. Reducing the surface assets for server performance is something that could be done and I think that would be a decent use of SMT resources.

TLDR: Some of these changes could be done, not all are necessary and some are not possible to implement. 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

+support

some of these changes are rather drastic and feel more like a wishlist for the next map (though a list i agree with)

However, Removing keycard locked doors from gate A and moving B away from MTF spawn would be very nice changes for everyone.

image.png

On 2/10/2023 at 11:30 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

-support

All of these changes seem quite drastic and would divert a lot of resources to complete. 

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...