More Content For Police Rp - Denied

Mewy Minge

What you want to see? - I would really like to see more content for criminals/ more money methods 

Why should we add it? - at  the very start I played gaminglight it always was missing content not really much money making methods/ lack of addons' it almost feels like a  call of duty  server'  everyone always blamed lag for everything but other servers have a bigger player base and uses these add-ons and there is almost 0 lag I run on a shitty laptop to 

What are the advantages of having this? More Role Play Between FBI/criminals  

Who is it mainly for? -

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/zero-s-growop-2-weed-script

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/zero-s-yeastbeast-alcohol-script

• Like 1

febc990adfc212b4762e1f932a6f635d.png.88381d2558bf63a88f91fe11780d5b04.png

+ Support
Definitely agree in regards to getting new content for criminals, the alcohol one you suggested is good as it requires attention rather than afking and generating millions. It would be cool perhaps if there was a script for something criminals can make but also sell to other criminals with some sort of benefit, like cocaine and it  gives you a boost in speed or something. Just throwing out ideas. Anyways, I agree that it would be beneficial to get some new content for crims.

+

21 hours ago, Benjamin said:

+ Support
Definitely agree in regards to getting new content for criminals, the alcohol one you suggested is good as it requires attention rather than afking and generating millions. It would be cool perhaps if there was a script for something criminals can make but also sell to other criminals with some sort of benefit, like cocaine and it  gives you a boost in speed or something. Just throwing out ideas. Anyways, I agree that it would be beneficial to get some new content for crims.

+

PoliceRP Moderator.

PD MSGT,SS SA,USMS DSAC,DF PVT,EMS PM

Previous: USMS CMA,SS DD, Police RP SNR Mod.

+support

As long as the scripts are optimized; there shouldn’t be any extra lag. It would cause lag like the other entities that players can spawn in.

We already have two ways to make weed; perhaps removing the rest and keeping one would be beneficial.

If you found an add-on that isn’t, would also be great.

Edited by David

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

+support on the alcohol one but the weed one isnt needed

Current Positions:

Trooper Colonel of Illinois State Police / Sergeant Major of Rockford Police

Emergency Medical Technician of Rockford EMS / Recruit in Delta Force

9 hours ago, David said:

+support

As long as the scripts are optimized; there shouldn’t be any extra lag. It would cause lag like the other entities that players can spawn in.

We already have two ways to make weed; perhaps removing the rest and keeping one would be beneficial.

the weed script we use now isnt really role playable you cant have bongs or joints etc  

febc990adfc212b4762e1f932a6f635d.png.88381d2558bf63a88f91fe11780d5b04.png

On 1/11/2023 at 1:25 PM, David said:

+support

• 2 weeks later...

+1 I’d liked to see more things for criminals to do on the server. Not saying these specific addons but just something to spice things up. As long as it doesn’t cause a drop in FPS for players.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 9:20 AM, Disengard said:

+Support, I really like the idea of more options of getting in trouble or committing crime. As police, I really wish there was alcohol and a PBT (Portable Breathalyzer Test) system. If there was ways to RP DUI's, that would be awesome.

i dont care GIF 

+support

I love money

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

On 1/11/2023 at 1:25 PM, David said:

+support

Current

Chief of Police || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || CERT Commander || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Sargeant First Class || DF CPL

On 1/6/2023 at 2:41 PM, Benjamin said:

+ Support

+

Currently: SL Advior  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

+Support I would love to see the alcohol add-on added I believe it would open more opportunities for better situations involving government and Criminal and more role play situations can happen

On 1/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, Dry said:

+support on the alcohol one but the weed one isnt needed

On 1/12/2023 at 12:20 PM, Disengard said:

+Support, I really like the idea of more options of getting in trouble or committing crime. As police, I really wish there was alcohol and a PBT (Portable Breathalyzer Test) system. If there was ways to RP DUI's, that would be awesome.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:03 AM, Bartholomew said:

+support

I love money

Ridgeland 
Former Lead Admin

This is a fun one! I've been across the block a little bit, here is my opinion:

-Support

The addon examples you gave - iterations of Weed and Alcohol - are what I like to call "Micro Content". This is content that does not necessarily add to the gameplay or change the core gameplay loop of PoliceRP. This Micro Content tends to always go through the same process; It gets added > It gets HEAVILY used for about a week > It never gets used again > It gets removed. Examples: Lean, City Worker, and the new President System (the latter of them happened to stay, despite rarely being used with full effect).

Macro Content, on the other hand, are things that change the core gameplay loop of PoliceRP. This loop, as defined by me, is simple: Crime is committed > Police respond > Pursuit > Police catch/kill/arrest > Criminal serves sentence or respawns > Loop. Sure, there are various other forms of Micro Content that slightly change the loop - (See: Judge, EMS, Pursuit).

You said it yourself: 

On 1/5/2023 at 11:12 AM, Mewy Minge said:

it almost feels like a  call of duty  server

Unless you suggest addons that genuinely change the core gameplay loop as defined above, you will not change anything.

10 hours ago, Duncan McOkiner said:

This is a fun one! I've been across the block a little bit, here is my opinion:

-Support

The addon examples you gave - iterations of Weed and Alcohol - are what I like to call "Micro Content". This is content that does not necessarily add to the gameplay or change the core gameplay loop of PoliceRP. This Micro Content tends to always go through the same process; It gets added > It gets HEAVILY used for about a week > It never gets used again > It gets removed. Examples: Lean, City Worker, and the new President System (the latter of them happened to stay, despite rarely being used with full effect).

Macro Content, on the other hand, are things that change the core gameplay loop of PoliceRP. This loop, as defined by me, is simple: Crime is committed > Police respond > Pursuit > Police catch/kill/arrest > Criminal serves sentence or respawns > Loop. Sure, there are various other forms of Micro Content that slightly change the loop - (See: Judge, EMS, Pursuit).

You said it yourself: 

Unless you suggest addons that genuinely change the core gameplay loop as defined above, you will not change anything.

The server has already had things like this added and they don’t stay long, everyone initially thinks they are very cool then never use them ever. Just takes up server space.

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot