Garry's Mod Is freezing when joining the server.

MrAnnonimousTv

Hello, I'm having this issue that makes impossible to join a the server, My Game downloads the workshop addons, FastDL or WorkshopDL (i don't remember) normally and after that it downloads the map normally too, And then 3/4 (2.0MB) data/gluapack/5a0395aa741824766c5525fe0422d... shows up, this freezes my game, just being able to leave via Ctrl+Alt+Del and ending the process of the game.

More Information: I am using the Chromium version of gmod, and i launch the 64 bits Garry's Mod, my launch options are: +mat_dxlevel 90 +mat_trilinear 0 +mat_antialias 0 -novid -nojoy

And i'm able to join fine on the normal version of gmod, But the game shows up a message on the top of the screen saying: WARNING: connection problem Auto-Disconnect in 3600s ( This just happens on the normal version) but i'm not able to play because of this message, Thank you.

Things That i Tried For the gluapack issue:
1- Verifying my game
2- Factory Reset
3- Clearing the cache and lua folder
4- Clearing just the lua folder
5- Clearing the data folder
6- 100% fully re-installation
7- Checking my Drivers
8- doing -heapsize
9- Asking for help on the server that i am trying to join
10- Ctrl Alt Del ( This just times me out of the server )

Things that i did with the connection problem issue:
1- Switching wi-fi networks
2- Restarting my PC
3- Pretty much the same as gluapack
4-Restarting my router
5-Unmouting as many games i can
6- Joining with a VPN

Gmod ERRO.jpg

I found this thread and it seems like they are having similar issues so try some of the things they said fixed it and see what happens. If none of it works either search more online or something may reply here with a better answer. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/discussions/1/144513670978695919/

Retired PRP - FBI Chief of Staff | FTO Training Director | USMS Deputy Marshal | HRT Captain

PD Sergeant Major

Ex PRP Senior Moderator 

20220814123045_1_13.png.01f385d214d4507ed56e2e53594103f9.png

Okay sorry it didn’t help but I hope you figure it out so you can play again, good luck. If I find anything else about it I will let you know. 

Retired PRP - FBI Chief of Staff | FTO Training Director | USMS Deputy Marshal | HRT Captain

PD Sergeant Major

Ex PRP Senior Moderator 

20220814123045_1_13.png.01f385d214d4507ed56e2e53594103f9.png

put this in bug report so SMT can see this they might be able to help you. also if you can attach the crash file so SMT can view it

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current

Timing out as soon as you join, or while joining, usually means you took too long clientside to load in, causing you to not respond to the server so it assumed that you disconnected (therefore you will not get a response from the server because you were already dropped). As far as I know, the "connection problem" message only means that the server isn't responding to you.

Are you sure that the gluapack message actually freezes your game, and doesn't just cause it to stop for a long while? Having the game frozen on one frame for a long time is normal during loading, and you don't specify how long it freezes for. (You will usually be frozen for most of the join time when joining)

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

On 2/6/2022 at 2:50 AM, Damien said:

I believe it is better to use Gmod chromium, search it up, it also helps with "Cache crashes" at least try that.

Yeah, I Think This Can Solve Your Problem

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

Hey guys, Sorry for taking so long to respond, Basicaly

@BruceyBoyo

I was searching for the Crash file, but it don't show up, Probaly because after 1 hour of waiting i just end the process of the game, It crashes for infinite amount of time until it crashes by itself, my record waiting was 6 hours, i was literally waiting for 6 hours for the game load but Steam just crashed, and closed the game, I tried to join again today on the normal version, again the WARNING Connection problem error showed up, i can't figure out what is happening.

@Damien

I was using the chromium version to join, but when i use this version it crashes on the loading screen and it says data/gluapack/5a0395aa741824766c5525fe0422d..., i'm just able to join on the normal version of gmod, but with the WARNING: Connection Problem.

Thank you for all help, also i tried contacting support earlier but they didn't figure out what was happening.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, MrAnnonimousTv said:

Hello, I'm having this issue that makes impossible to join a the server, My Game downloads the workshop addons, FastDL or WorkshopDL (i don't remember) normally and after that it downloads the map normally too, And then 3/4 (2.0MB) data/gluapack/5a0395aa741824766c5525fe0422d... shows up, this freezes my game, just being able to leave via Ctrl+Alt+Del and ending the process of the game.

More Information: I am using the Chromium version of gmod, and i launch the 64 bits Garry's Mod, my launch options are: +mat_dxlevel 90 +mat_trilinear 0 +mat_antialias 0 -novid -nojoy

And i'm able to join fine on the normal version of gmod, But the game shows up a message on the top of the screen saying: WARNING: connection problem Auto-Disconnect in 3600s ( This just happens on the normal version) but i'm not able to play because of this message, Thank you.

Things That i Tried For the gluapack issue:
1- Verifying my game
2- Factory Reset
3- Clearing the cache and lua folder
4- Clearing just the lua folder
5- Clearing the data folder
6- 100% fully re-installation
7- Checking my Drivers
8- doing -heapsize
9- Asking for help on the server that i am trying to join
10- Ctrl Alt Del ( This just times me out of the server )

Things that i did with the connection problem issue:
1- Switching wi-fi networks
2- Restarting my PC
3- Pretty much the same as gluapack
4-Restarting my router
5-Unmouting as many games i can
6- Joining with a VPN

Gmod ERRO.jpg

prob a hardrive/sata drive problem, might be defective.

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7