Minor Ethereal Re-Work Suggestion - Denied

Cecil Stedmen

What are you suggesting? -  Prohibit the use of ethereals/micro's as a substitute for bringing an SCP back to it's cell. Examples of what should be prohibited down below.

- SCP 682 or 939 is tranqed and cuffed, to save time; the MTF just use the micro/ethereal on them instead of bringing them back to their cell.

-An SCP that can be fearRPed such as SCP 049 or SCP 8286 is placed under fearRP and cuffed; but instead of bringing them back to the CC; they use an ethereal on them.

-SCP 106 is in the middle of a femur breaker and either made a sit or is heading back to it's CC, ethereal use on SCP 106 while either is occurring should be prohibited. If he wins the roll off on first femur breaker however, ethereal usage may resume.

NOTE I AM NOT SUGGESTING THE BAN OR NERF OF THE ETHEREAL IF THE SCP IS NOT ACTIVELY BEING RECONTAINED SUCH AS ABOVE, IT'D MAKE RP SENSE TO USE IT. 

How would this change better the server? -  Bring back a bit of RP and ensures people cannot get lazy about re-containment while also increasing the amount of realism by a little, I know we are a semi-serious RP server but it's important for there to be some level of immersion regardless so everyone can have a good time.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - A small portion of individuals may or may not complain since they'll have to bring the SCP back to containment instead of just using the ethereal to make it less work to recontain.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - People playing on SCPs but even then it's not buffing them, it's just forcing a small portion of people to actually bring SCPs back to their CCs.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

EDIT: Reworded force an NLR Timer to making it less work to recontain to better explain what I meant to say. Also made another edit to state I am not suggesting the ethereal is OP or needs a nerf, it is built to be an SCP killer and I respect that. I just want the server to feel more immersive.

Edited by Cecil Stedmen

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

-Support

I'm really not seeing the point here. Most SCPs hate being dragged back to their cell and I've had a lot of them offer to jump into acid (while in cuffs) to just save time. All this would do would cause MTF to spend more time doing an unneeded task. Not to mention that getting an ethereal is rather difficult currently and they're really not that strong. Also, arguing that MTF use the ethereal to "force an NLR timer" on them isn't really an argument since they have to wait 15 minutes once recontained anyway.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

I get the idea, for a more "RP accurate" scenario

but most SCPs offer to kill themselves anyways then having to waste like 10 minutes being dragged back to their cell

-Support overall

Edited by OWNED

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

I feel actual rp in general is viewed as "Time wasteful". GenSec purposely avoid research alot. Nobody want to bring SCPs back to their cells unless it's 682 so they can brag and try to suck up for promotions. Nobody wants to actually engage safe scps. 

The whole server is basically combat and combat only at this point and it's getting fucking ridiculous.

+Support 

A minor change with hopefully a more immersable outcome 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

26 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

I feel actual rp in general is viewed as "Time wasteful". GenSec purposely avoid research alot. Nobody want to bring SCPs back to their cells unless it's 682 so they can brag and try to suck up for promotions. Nobody wants to actually engage safe scps. 

The whole server is basically combat and combat only at this point and it's getting fucking ridiculous.

+Support 

A minor change with hopefully a more immersable outcome 

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

-Support

This is not where we need more RP and in many cases is mutually worse. Many SCP’s that are cuffed and heading back to their cell just log off because 1. They’re upset about being rc’d or 2. Breaching as the last thing they wanted to do for the day and now they’re going to go do something else seeing as their breach is done.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

3 hours ago, Piller said:

-Support

I'm really not seeing the point here. Most SCPs hate being dragged back to their cell and I've had a lot of them offer to jump into acid (while in cuffs) to just save time. All this would do would cause MTF to spend more time doing an unneeded task. Not to mention that getting an ethereal is rather difficult currently and they're really not that strong. Also, arguing that MTF use the ethereal to "force an NLR timer" on them isn't really an argument since they have to wait 15 minutes once recontained anyway.

- 682/939 Why is it such a problem? You are basically giving them a reset so that they don't have to flag off and on the job again?

- Cool but when you are alone with 049 and you don't have enough people to FearRP him, this would make it pretty much impossible to RC him.

- Better safe than sorry, it's easier to have him blasted on the spot than wait for him to potentially win a roll off.

- Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Piller said:

-Support

me irl 

-Soup

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

On 1/26/2022 at 12:59 PM, Yato Sensei said:

- 682/939 Why is it such a problem? You are basically giving them a reset so that they don't have to flag off and on the job again?

- Cool but when you are alone with 049 and you don't have enough people to FearRP him, this would make it pretty much impossible to RC him.

- Better safe than sorry, it's easier to have him blasted on the spot than wait for him to potentially win a roll off.

- Support

On 1/26/2022 at 9:52 AM, Piller said:

-Support

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |