Something to think about.

Ya Boi Sawrunner

I mean, yeah it's stupid af however its just the internet. But back in the day, Like early 2020 it was SO much worse, and I like many others from back then, was apart of it. People targeted other branches updates, There CMD, and gathered personal info and more shit on each other. GL imo, has grown to be less and less toxic over the years however we're never going to have a non-toxic server as people do whatever they want on the internet. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

From when I first joined, which was late 2020, I think the server atmosphere as gotten better.

Now I am a gensec main, so this is from the perspective of someone who really only pays attention to things happening within gensec, so maybe this isn't true about other branches but, overall toxicity has gone down lots. People are way less tolerant of racist jokes and homophobia which I think is awesome, as well as harassment. I remember late 2020 that kinda stuff was more common, so I think we are moving towards a good direction. And I know there will always be people who say "the server is getting too sofftttt, why can't I make racist jokes anymore its just a jokeeee" and honestly people like THAT are the problem we face, those who think being downright offensive is ok and fine. Just irks me so much to see people like that.

And I hope we can continue to beat out toxicity overtime and be accepting and just have fun ^w^

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

I personally don't see this and I try to associate with everyone. I mean, yeah people complain about command members, but that will literally always happen, that's not really being toxic, that's just them venting. GL is without a doubt the one of the, if not THE, LEAST toxic community that I've encountered. Branches are, for the most part, super chill with each other, it's easy to make friends, and people are forgiving and tolerant of each other.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

Okay yeah to be honest there, there was never any drama in Maintenance in my time of being in the branch. I would say the only thing not even remotely close to Drama or toxicity is that people (Enlisteds & CMD) would talk about CMD members in Maintenance generally being inactive, and it wasn’t bad. You just ask HCMD about it and they would deal with it. Sometimes we ask a bunch of times cause CMD slots are just being wasted on.

This is from my perspective but I don’t know any other branches.

So I hope Maintenance isn’t partially involved in this post.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

Its pleasant that some of you haven't been in the center of any drama or heard about any, but it could have something to do with how you keep yourself busy on here. I interact with pretty much every branch, having CCs or lives in almost all of them, and I have heard some fuck shit. Just because it was worse doesn't mean our current situation is better. People just do the same shit behind closed doors now, when they think no one is listening or watching. 

Flying through a room to hear two command practically screaming at each other as 343 is not an experience I wanted to have at 11 am a couple months back, for example.

2 hours ago, Pillercat said:

I personally don't see this and I try to associate with everyone. I mean, yeah people complain about command members, but that will literally always happen, that's not really being toxic, that's just them venting. GL is without a doubt the one of the, if not THE, LEAST toxic community that I've encountered. Branches are, for the most part, super chill with each other, it's easy to make friends, and people are forgiving and tolerant of each other.

I mean, I dont think you have heard much of what people say about some command members then lmao. Least toxic community on gmod? The game doesn't exactly set a high bar, yknow.

4 hours ago, Shin said:

Inactive 

silence

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

15 minutes ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

Its pleasant that some of you haven't been in the center of any drama or heard about any, but it could have something to do with how you keep yourself busy on here. I interact with pretty much every branch, having CCs or lives in almost all of them, and I have heard some fuck shit. Just because it was worse doesn't mean our current situation is better. People just do the same shit behind closed doors now, when they think no one is listening or watching. 

Flying through a room to hear two command practically screaming at each other as 343 is not an experience I wanted to have at 11 am a couple months back, for example.

I mean, I dont think you have heard much of what people say about some command members then lmao. Least toxic community on gmod? The game doesn't exactly set a high bar, yknow.

silence

No, least toxic in general. That's including GMOD, TF2, LoL, Battlefield, Halo, EvE, HL2:DM, Counter Strike, and a lot more.

If people are behaving poorly, just report them to their command. We also routinely give out warnings for toxicity.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

16 hours ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

So we are a big community, right? A lot of unique people, a lot of differing backgrounds, interests, ideas, ideologies, personalities, what have you. We have people from coast to coast, ocean to ocean, either side of the hemisphere or equator, we got someone from everywhere and anywhere. This is a good thing. Naturally, there WILL be conflict. Thats also fine, we are all human, and we have been having conflict with others since birth. No one is perfect to everyone and that's totally fine.

Y'know what isn't fine? Full grown ass adults settling shit like children.

Sure, its all good to sort out conflict, but some of this shit just seems unreasonable. Like I am seeing people targeted at this point, with them being watched for removal like a hawk, conspiracies against people just to get them banned from a game server? Do those kinda people even remember what grass feels like? 

Player reports over little shit, technicalities being ranted over. Formalities turning to swearing contests. Like dude, I understand, I am an impulsive fucking moron. I get pissed at small things sometimes, I can't deny that. I think less with my head and more with my heart for most shit, but there is a line where you should just sit down and go, "Fuck man, is this really worth all that? What did they do exactly to deserve this? What warrants this level of action?"

Its SCP-RP. We haven't exactly been strangers to scandal since I joined, fights, arguments, petty shit, bigger shit. Why does everyone gotta hate someone? I walk into bunks to hear people talking about some command they dont like, some player they hate. I walk around LCZ or something to hear bitching about players, actions, words, anything and everything, sun up sundown day in day out it seems like too many people can't get over shit.

How many more resignations we gonna see talking about "im tired of GL toxicity and player diss and" blah blah blah, all about how as a community, we made a member who had been around long enough to have a commitment worth a resignation post, so fucking uncomfortable and unhappy IN A FUCKING VIDEO GAME that they felt the need to drop days, weeks, months, possibly YEARS of time and effort to get away from it. 

Look man. You don't like someone, please, for once, talk to them about it, ask what they did to upset you, figure out whether its a them problem or a you problem. Don't like a change, make a suggestion, feel out for like minded people, or find out why you dont like it, why it was implemented. We are on the internet, this ain't in person. Do you all know what that means? Cause it clearly doesn't seem like a lot of you do.

It means you have the freedom to, at damn near anytime, get up, take a breath, step away from it, and think. Think long and hard, take the time to consider your words, your actions, your choices. At any point you can put the keyboard down and step outside, get some fresh air, go on a walk. You could tab out to watch youtube, you could play with a pet,visit a loved one, hang out with friends, decorate a room, shop, do shit you have been putting off. 

You have the time to consider your next move, to reflect. So next time someone or something irritates you, next time you feel like going out of your way to hurt someone else for your own pettiness, next time you wanna talk about how this is bad or this is shit or this dudes a cunt or this chicks a prick, why don't you take the opportunity given to you by the medium you play on, and for once guys and gals;

Think. Consider. Reflect. It aint a hard process to take some time to get over whatever you are feeling at that moment and use your brain to discover whether you are right or wrong, to discover where the line is, how much is too much. 

You will find a bit of toxicity in every game even if it was Super Mario. Toxicity can be understood in different ways by people, so really we cant do something since its a normal thing

• Like 1

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

9 hours ago, Pillercat said:

No, least toxic in general. That's including GMOD, TF2, LoL, Battlefield, Halo, EvE, HL2:DM, Counter Strike, and a lot more.

If people are behaving poorly, just report them to their command. We also routinely give out warnings for toxicity.

the bar is even lower if we are including all those lmao

4 hours ago, Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE said:

You will find a bit of toxicity in every game even if it was Super Mario. Toxicity can be understood in different ways by people, so really we cant do something since its a normal thing

We can at least try not to be toxic ourselves.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)

12 hours ago, Pillercat said:

💀💀

• Laughing 1

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

You weren't around mid 2020 - late 2020, the toxicity was SOOOO bad. Especially from command since everyone tried to eat away at each other. It was actually pretty scary. Thankfully, most of those people decided to be complete imbeciles and almost all of them got blacklisted so you don't have to worry about them returning.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

On 11/19/2021 at 11:40 AM, Yato Sensei said:

You weren't around mid 2020 - late 2020, the toxicity was SOOOO bad. Especially from command since everyone tried to eat away at each other. It was actually pretty scary. Thankfully, most of those people decided to be complete imbeciles and almost all of them got blacklisted so you don't have to worry about them returning.

Again, even if this place used to be a wasteland doesn't fix the current issues going on. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, Wafflore said:

I know I'm a few months late, but how do you propose the community tackle these issues? Do you still see them today?

Oh today I dont even play except to keep my CCs from going on auction. The servers problems aint gonna ever go away, they'll only get worse and better and worse and better back and forth.