/showid Command - Denied

MazuzaM

What are you suggesting? -  I have seen this in another server and it seems like a pretty cool thing, adding a comms that will make appear  this is [RPName][Job you are currently on] ID when you type /showid in chat

How would this change better the server? - This isnt really necessary but it would be a cool function to add 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Every branch 

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

-Support

unnecessary

rp_lookup "name" 

image.png.5e0b8acb288f6867945e4c7b1c98558a.png

Do that in console.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

12 minutes ago, MexicanGuy said:

-Support

unnecessary

rp_lookup "name" 

Do that in console.

Already a thing in console ^

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

I think he means this for an RP thing, which is actually kinda cool, but may be unnecessary. I like it regardless, though.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

3 hours ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

I think he means this for an RP thing, which is actually kinda cool, but may be unnecessary. I like it regardless, though.

I meant for RP reasons not to check people stuff, it would be more realistic to do /showid instead of a /me Shows ID

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

On 11/17/2021 at 5:24 PM, MexicanGuy said:

-Support

unnecessary

rp_lookup "name" 

Do that in console.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

On 11/17/2021 at 5:24 PM, MexicanGuy said:

-Support

unnecessary

rp_lookup "name" 

Do that in console.

On 11/17/2021 at 5:36 PM, Yato Sensei said:

Already a thing in console ^

On 11/18/2021 at 6:26 AM, Goodman said:

-support like said its unnecessary.

Pretty sure this is a suggestion for RP purposes, so it would give only: Name and Job (Class/Disguised as), not steamID or steam name

+support
Would be nice if it can be adapted to work with 8286 or EOI without giving that job name (So disguised players show up as whatever they are disguised as.

+support Ahh yes the casual minus support because its a misconception of the forum post

I have seen this on another server for rp reasons and it is really good for rp situations and I do think that it would be good on the server whenever there is a 8286 breach and if a eoi is called out

it bassicly shows the users name and job that they are on and it is alot better than just doing /me shows id and it actually gives you a id (plus you know if you get interrogated /showid is a really powerful weapon cause it shows your name and rank and you could roll against it first)

• Like 1

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

3 hours ago, frog said:

+support Ahh yes the casual minus support because its a misconception of the forum post

I have seen this on another server for rp reasons and it is really good for rp situations and I do think that it would be good on the server whenever there is a 8286 breach and if a eoi is called out

it bassicly shows the users name and job that they are on and it is alot better than just doing /me shows id and it actually gives you a id (plus you know if you get interrogated /showid is a really powerful weapon cause it shows your name and rank and you could roll against it first)

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:58 AM, frog said:

Agreed. An addition to the server to help complement roleplay is never unnecessary. Frankly, I was surprised that we didn't have an ID system ingame when I was first asked to show my ID way back when and just relied on /me's.

-Support.
I know where you got the idea from. I feel the need to inform you  that that server's spying system (And Job/Chat system) is very different compared to what we are currently using here. Their system allows for proper usage of this, but ehre it would just be a small and frankly not-needed change.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

• 4 weeks later...