General Suggestion - Adding Radios to Foundation and Chaos Insurgency Jobs [Completed]

Sprink

+Support

I'm kinda over the "just use TS" excuse. I feel TeamSpeak actually causes a breakdown of communication between branches. Most branch members stick to their own channels, sometimes in locked channels where they can't be reached. You can't quickly relay necessary information typing or having to Alt-Tab to switch channels when you're in a deep situation that requires full focus. As long as we limiting to who exactly receives these radio, it could be a great help. This isn't asking for EVERYONE to receive them.

Edited by Sparkle
Missing word
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 11:07 PM, Loaff said:

+support 

On the issue of "Just use TS" this would likely be set up to where there is an MTF general channel just like the old radios so E-11, Nu-7, and D-5 can all talk to each other at the same time instead of just their respective branch in TS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 8:01 AM, Yato Sensei said:

I'm gonna have to go with a - Support

It will not be used. Why? We have TS. We have splitting between SF and normal operations. If people invade your channels to meta game, why not just put a password on them? The old radio was not used not only because it was glitchy, but it was annoying as hell having to remember every single frequency of each branch and again, TS exists. It will either have to be the TS that stays or the radio replaces it. Its redundant, IMO.

Also the good old "Ayo who the fuck is micspamming over open?" 

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

I don't get the "We have teamspeak" argument. I get TS is amazing for communications, but it's only good for that SINGLE branches communications. Like for Nu7. Teamspeak is the ideal place to talk as it's super easy to use and reliable *for the most part*. But lets say I want to talk to E11. Well I can try to do 2 things. Either 1, the most common option, say something in comms, or two, go into E11 TS and ask them myself. Although in-game comms are really useful, 80-90% of the time they are ignored as people either never respond or just don't look at it, making them a good 50-50% chance of it being viewed and than executed. For joining their teamspeak channel could be effected most time people are off on their own conversations or talking about stuff their branch has to focus on and just kinda ignore you unless your high ranking. So this addon will in fact make communications a lot easier for inter-branch communications as someone is talking in your ear, so most cases you'll at least get a response. The bonus of this addon is their is a tutorial on how the addon works in-game so new players can figure it out much sooner than TS. Overall this addon is much much superior to teamspeak for inter-branch communications compared to teamspeak.

TLDR: Teamspeak is only good for a single branches communication and in-game comms get ignored, making this addon far better for that aspect.

Also I HIGHLY recommend you go read the addon itself as it has a bunch of cool features on it compared to the old radio! You can check this out for more details and such.
https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/73266-a-new-cool-radio-denied/#comment-504827

Edited by Jack (utility one)
  • Like 2

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, russianweeb69 said:

Also the good old "Ayo who the fuck is micspamming over open?" 

Open Comms wouldn’t have to be a thing. Also when their was open comms you could see who was talking and either mute them or gag them if they were mic spamming.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+Support

The radio came very much in handy when it came to PTs and other things of the sort.
It also encouraged individuals to have a bit more roleplay in-game and stray away from Teamspeak a bit.
This allowed our players to be a bit less secluded in their channels. The only downside is the constant bickering over open comms (maybe auto-set to specified channels on those jobs).

On 11/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, Veesus said:

+/- support

I think teamspeak covers pretty well any possible use case this could be used for.

I'd support this if and only if the radios could be looted/stolen from people via fearrp or something and allow branches without access to comms to get access to comms. Like a dclass would be able to steal a radio from researched and become able to read site comms 

This could be a really good addon for SF in their SF channels to get proper communication from the Non-SF

SF could easily mute their mic and remain on the frequency. and if a Non-SF uses it to call out something quickly. it would be useful

The one downside i see of this is a CI getting E11/Nu7 Frequency Password then using it to metagame (this could be prevented if we limit classes that can use them [CI cant go in any Foundation chats, and foundation cant go to CI chats])

Edited by PandaInShitpostLand

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 11/25/2021 at 5:15 PM, PandaInShitpostLand said:

This could be a really good addon for SF in their SF channels to get proper communication from the Non-SF

SF could easily mute their mic and remain on the frequency. and if a Non-SF uses it to call out something quickly. it would be useful

The one downside i see of this is a CI getting E11/Nu7 Frequency Password then using it to metagame (this could be prevented if we limit classes that can use them [CI cant go in any Foundation chats, and foundation cant go to CI chats])

Thanks for the support but for your concern on people getting each other's frequency. Just like on the old radio SMT can set it to class-specific and make it to where only certain classes can be on certain frequency's. 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+Support looks like a really cool addon and could actually provide extra roleplay if you are able to drop them and ask them for the frequency used by their own guys and would add more of a touch since using /ci/mtf/nu7/e11/d5 can really be quite a Hassel when you are calling out or in a firefight and it takes to much time in high stake situations and this would make it where you could get info out easier and faster with ought typing a 3 page paragraph about where the enemy is and what they are doing

Edited by frog
  • Thanks 1

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+Support
A Radio would be useful, using the excuse, 'just use Teamspeak' isn't very well thought-of considering some people are in different channels & this could be extremely useful for the many situations & sub-branches different regiments have & utilize

• Thanks 2

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

On 11/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, Loaff said:

+support 

On the issue of "Just use TS" this would likely be set up to where there is an MTF general channel just like the old radios so E-11, Nu-7, and D-5 can all talk to each other at the same time instead of just their respective branch in TS.

Frfr

• 3 weeks later...