General Suggestion - New Anti Metagame system For 8286 - Denied

[GL] Fryingpan36

On 10/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Phillers said:

-Support, quite sure this would be stupidly difficult to code in in the first place, and second off it would make it impossible for someone to know if they were just RDM'd by a team-mate or killed by the SCP, resulting in needless sits.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, recon said:

+ Support if possible but how would this be implemented? I feel like it would be really difficult to put this on the server since they would have to make 1 specific job change job titles when you kill someone.

This is actually very easy to implement. You can even remove the effect for on duty staff so they won't have any trouble dealing with a 8286 who is lying about having a valid ID. And an actual rudimentary ID system would not be hard to implement either.

Overall, all the problems that would arise from implementing this can be easily solved, and the only tangible downside is that you might have to take more than 3 seconds of looking at the tab menu when finding out who the 8286 is disguised as.

+SUPPORT

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, recon said:

+ Support if possible but how would this be implemented? I feel like it would be really difficult to put this on the server since they would have to make 1 specific job change job titles when you kill someone.

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

On 10/18/2021 at 8:38 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

not every bit of meta game can be coded out, there’s still other ways of meta gaming this and it would help very little. Sounds like a waste of SMT’s time honestly.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:23 AM, FBI-01 said:

Massive -Support for this

How are we supposed to know that the SCP is still flagged on. The job changing above their head is fine, but if we can’t tell if they’re flagged on, that’s going to be an issue. Also, how is staff going to be able to distinguish between them?

- Support

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 |  Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

On 10/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

not every bit of meta game can be coded out, there’s still other ways of meta gaming this and it would help very little. Sounds like a waste of SMT’s time honestly.

The point of this wouldn't be to completely remove metagaming, it would be to prevent unavoidable metagaming. When you encounter a disguised 8286 you have no choice but to know that they are an 8286 based on their job name, which you have no choice not to look at. This WILL influence your decision making, no matter how much anyone insists otherwise. It's basically subconscious bias. You've basically been forced into metagaming.

8286's disguise isn't meant to hold up much past a passing glance. But atm it doesn't even hold up against a passing glance, since the job name is part of the information you see in a passing glance.

Edited by Veesus
  • Like 1

-Support

Meta game sucks ass but I still think there needs to be a way to quickly and easily Identify the job OOC. I feel like issues will arise when newer trial mods pull 8286 into a sit and see an actual job title. Now you have a false warn to deal with because you RDM'd while on "X" job, when in reality you're just an SCP. It's not a bad idea, but will be more trouble than its worth. False warns are a bigger pain than meta gaming imo.

People just need to improve their sportsmanship. 

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

On 10/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

Tbh that's the point of this update when they find the "Imposter" or 2 of the same person they neglect to interrogate the real one. This is also so they can't scan a room of everyone's jobs and only I'd check the 8286.

When you kill someone and they wait their 6 minute NLR, they are technically a new person. So you cannot see two of the same person in RP.

Overall, -Support, I just see too many issues coming up with this, whether it be MTF closing their CC and getting broken signs removed because they can't tell if their flagged up anymore, to 8286 purposely FailRPing knowing that the average person will not be able to tell if they're an SCP and just walking past a checkpoint, or showing a fake ID and not rolling for it.

• Like 1

CI RnD Special Agent || Experienced Medic

Retired Security Lieutenant Colonel || The 3rd Head of Wardens

Retired Red Right Hand, Guardian Squadron, "Sierra 45"

On 10/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

Deputy Head of Security | Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat | 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...