Nefario warn appeal

BadTimeInbound

Your In-game Name: BadTimeInbound

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:63965970

The admin's name in-game: Walter Scott

What warning did you receive: "FailRP Engaging SCPs as a non-combatant"

When did you receive this warning: 9/2/2021 ~2:00 pm CST

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: SCP-066 was abusing his SWEP so I called a sit on him. Admin pulled up damage logs and warned him. SCP-076-2 called a sit to ask a question, "Are medics allowed to shoot me" and the admin immediately jumped on the opportunity to warn me. Because I had "engaged" 076-2 and hit 999 32 MINUTES PRIOR "as a noncombatant" I was warned for FailRP

Why do you think this warn was false: I asked afterwards what evidence he had for FailRP and all he had was the damage logs stating I hit 999 32 minutes ago and the fight I had with 076-2.

Evidence the warning is false: The reason I attacked 076-2 was because he was a credible threat to myself and every medic in the vicinity. He was about to call rage in the middle of the surgery room, so I opened fire to get him to chase me out of the medbay, which worked. Obviously this is a little iffy on probable cause for self defense but definitely not warnable. The admin then saw that I hit 999 -WHO HAS 1 MILLION HEALTH AND CANNOT DIE- 33 MINUTES AGO and jumped on the opportunity to warn me. I disagree STRONGLY with this decision and I have lost a little more hope in our administration.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2591811679

1 minute ago, Domo775 said:

+support 

(side question did 999 call a sit that you shot him?)

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+SUPPORT

Honestly, the 076 warn should’ve been a verbal because RoE may be confusing for everyone. And Nerfario did it with not a bad reason for it. He wasn’t just engaging 076 just to try to recontain him, but to only distract him to protect his medical personnel. 

and the 999 part is kinda petty. Everyone does this and no one really cares for it.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

2 minutes ago, The Gaming Goat said:

But does this tell the whole story? There may be more to it. Also if your a non combatent and if someone else attacks that non combatent near you, you may defend them.

Foundation staff Rules #3 "or in defense of other non-combatants only." No other medical staff was near 076-2 made a report and 066 made a report against nefario engaging SCPs.

• Dislike 1

Wait why did 066 make a report

1 minute ago, Redspeeds said:

Foundation staff Rules #3 "or in defense of other non-combatants only." No other medical staff was near 076-2 made a report and 066 made a report against nefario engaging SCPs.

1 minute ago, Redspeeds said:

1. He was in the middle of the surgery room with both a patient and a medic??? 
2. 066 had no cause for a report.

+Support

I will not go into the verbal/formal debate. It has been said time and time again its discretionary. No point bringing this up unless for a player report.

However, I am inclined to agree on this appeal on the basis of interference of site operations. Namely during a surgery. This is an imminent threat to the other personnel in the immediate area. 076 getting enraged means everyone in the room could die. This is not the same as engaging a D Class or CI where the threat is only "potential". Wouldn't you commit to the same actions to protect your own against near certain death? I would not expect my equines to just take death on the just because.

Context is everything and should be understood before making a decision. You can't always go "by the book" when the book is leading to your death.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Redspeeds said:

His extensive experience as a player and his previous warnings for FailRP made me give him a warning instead of a verbal. He has 6 weeks of playtime he should know better period

So because I play this server alot that makes it ok to warn me for invalid reasons? That's called prejudice.

Edited by BadTimeInbound

Accepted

After looking through the logs and taking the situation as it is, I'll be accepting this.

To have your warn removed, go to the "Bans" Section at the top of the forums, navigate to your profile, find the warning for this appeal, and for the reason on the appeal, link this post.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"