General Suggestion - SCP-173/049 Buff - Accepted [Completed]

nightsoil

What are you suggesting?

Two sensible buffs to weak SCPs are for 049 and 173. Both are way too easy to recontain, and very easy to avoid. 173 must cross D-Block intersection to access the wider area of LCZ and the rest of the facility while 049 is caught in the commonly traversed section of Medbay Checkpoint hallway, where MTF will most likely be crossing to access LCZ from UHCZ. This makes the effort ratio from their self-breach unfairly balanced, as both have to spend a minimum of 25 minutes self-breaching anyways. What I'm focusing mainly on is the FearRP mechanics.

I suggest the MOTD rules for the respective classes be changed as following:

"To be recontained, SCP-173 must be looked at by a minimum of two people. One of the two people must then win a roll off with SCP-173 to put it in restraints. Losing the roll results in SCP-173 killing the roller."

To:

"To be recontained, SCP-173 must be looked at by a minimum of three people. One of the three people must then win a roll off with SCP-173 to put it in restraints. Losing the roll results in SCP-173 killing the roller."

And remove:

"If three or more people are attempting to recontain 173 and are looking at it, no roll is required to place 173 in restraints."

"Upon 173 being placed in restraints it can be safely returned to its containment cell."

As for SCP-049, add:

"The exception to this rule is SCP-049, who can be FearRP'd if three or more individuals point any type of firearm at them."

Under:

"SCPs that can be FearRP'd can be placed under FearRP if two or more individuals point any type of firearm at them."

How would this change better the server?

SCP-173 and SCP-049 have the two lowest rank-requirements for any SCP class, and it would make a good influence on the sheer increasing power of SCPs as they level up. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server?

Generally would have a harder time containing these SCPs but the buffs are so minor that they will barely come into play if there are especially large battalions of MTF.

Who would this change mostly benefit?

Newer players who would like to try out an SCP class.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion:

any.workshop.content.screenshots.or.anything.that.you.think.may.be.helpful.to.those.who.view.this.suggestion.gl

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+ Support
This SCPs are needed for a buff. Also since they are still weak even with this, maybe lower breach timers?

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

1 hour ago, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support
This SCPs are needed for a buff. Also since they are still weak even with this, maybe lower breach timers?

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+support

049 and 173 are the weakest pieces of trash on the server. This would make it more fun to play the two.

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

5 hours ago, Guinea Pig said:

+ Support

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

On 7/26/2021 at 2:54 PM, nightsoil said:

"To be recontained, SCP-173 must be looked at by a minimum of two people. One of the two people must then win a roll off with SCP-173 to put it in restraints. Losing the roll results in SCP-173 killing the roller."

I like the idea of buffing these SCPs, don’t get me wrong, but I’d rather not add more random chance into gameplay. Losing to someone who is just rolling better feels bad enough when it’s something like cyanide, if 3 MTF can see 173 I see no reason lore or balance wise why it shouldn’t be able to be returned. I think the best thing that could happen for 173 is to move its containment out of the dreaded dblock intersection, maybe over to by the LCZ bathrooms? 

On 7/26/2021 at 2:54 PM, nightsoil said:

"The exception to this rule is SCP-049, who can be FearRP'd if three or more individuals point any type of firearm at them."

I’d rather make 049 more of a threat rather than make him harder to recontain when he’s alone. For example, letting him infect every 30 seconds instead of 45 so he can amass his army quicker. Also maybe making his zombies a slight bit stronger. Overall, this one I have little issue in, just wanting to see if maybe this would be preferable.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Nydekore said:

I like the idea of buffing these SCPs, don’t get me wrong, but I’d rather not add more random chance into gameplay. Losing to someone who is just rolling better feels bad enough when it’s something like cyanide, if 3 MTF can see 173 I see no reason lore or balance wise why it shouldn’t be able to be returned. I think the best thing that could happen for 173 is to move its containment out of the dreaded dblock intersection, maybe over to by the LCZ bathrooms? 

I’d rather make 049 more of a threat rather than make him harder to recontain when he’s alone. For example, letting him infect every 30 seconds instead of 45 so he can amass his army quicker. Also maybe making his zombies a slight bit stronger. Overall, this one I have little issue in, just wanting to see if maybe this would be preferable.

I like your opinion on the 173 suggestion and agree that it is a fair point, however, many recontainment/containment methods are already randomly decided which I don't really prefer either. I'd just like to see it made harder to recontain 173, either his lethality being changed or the method of containment requiring more resources. Generally, I'd like to see at least some skill or coordination play a role in every RP action, and that goes for recontainment and preventing recontainment.

A 33% reduction in cooldown timer for infection may be a bit overkill. Infection SWEPs already wreak havoc on LCZ especially, and it would make 049 stronger than 610 as he is already. In my opinion, the reason I made the suggestion for 049 was primarily because his zombies are too easy to kill, which leads to a much easier time of FearRPing 049. His zombies shouldn't be the only tool at his disposal, but yet, it is. His sole tool is mostly based on the luck of the draw instead of skill, and most infected wont want to play 049-2 so they just stand in gunfire. I'd be all for a new SWEP feature for 049 instead of just buffing the only thing he has to his advantage.

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+/-

Going to be neutral

173 is more tied to lore as is rn as 3+ eyes on him prevents him from moving whatsoever, I do believe an extra ability of sorts to "blind" everyone in the area, usable every 45-60 seconds and lasts for 5-10 seconds (Enough to kill 3-5 people), similar to a flashbang effect added to his swep 

As for 049 suggested changes: I fully support the change to his FearRP rules requiring just that one extra person