Keegan's Medical Commander Application

Keegan

SHOULD KEEGAN BECOME A MEDICAL COMMANDER?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keegan become a Medical Commander?

• Yes
    • No

1. What is your IGN? (In Game Name) :
MC DHS VCMDR Keegan 4571

2. What Regiment/Position are you applying for?
69th Medical Corps Commander

3. Why do you want to be a commander of this branch?
I want to be a Commander of this branch to do several things:

I want to establish a higher quantity of trustworthy, quality Officers within Medical. Recently, many of the old Officers have taken reserves or resigned for different reasons, leaving so much of the Officer list empty. To me, this is not necessarily a bad thing. Now some lower Officers have more chances to step up to the plate to show their leadership and seriousness in allowing people to RP without being mingy and just wanting to kill people in the medbay. I also believe it is important to look at the reasons why people like Medical, and why some of them grew to dislike it enough to leave it, and perhaps fix enough of the problems to encourage these people to come back.

I also want to increase the amount of serious RP (without overcomplication that confuses people) in the medbay and on the field. It has been the case that it is extremely difficult for people to both want to do RP, and actually have it be serious RP. Too often I have walked into the medbay to see people just standing there doing nothing, and I would like to make it a (soft, no "quota") requirement to actually be participating in RP seriously in order to advance through the ranks (excellent RP and seriousness paired with leadership ability makes for fine NCO/Officers). 

Today I was informed that a current NCO had not performed a single checkup since being a TRN. This really opened my eyes to how deep this problem is, and how much work I will have to put in to encourage Medical to work harder at getting the RP part of ImperialRP down. I also have work to do with fixing the activity within sub-battalions, something I spoke much about on my VCMDR application, and it is still applicable today. I have been intending to help revive Research, as it is essentially only 5-6 active people currently, something which is disappointing to me, since I love the variety of RP they do. By assigning myself within sub-battalions that need a boost in activity, I hope to be able to encourage serious RP, more people to join, and to establish a strong foundation for growth within the sub-battalions. As a CMDR, I intend to do that, as Research is by far one of Medical's biggest opportunities that has been missing a fair chance at success for a while. My hands have been slightly tied at the moment with creating their new SOP and Tryout Guide while waiting on the new redacted rank requirements.

When all these tasks are accomplished, I will be satisfied, but I will not be dormant, and will work towards finding other ways to improve, such as discovering new, unique ways for Medical to engage with the server. Even if my application is denied, I still intend to work upon these things.

4. How much game time do you have on the server?
Currently, according to Battlemetrics, I have 215 hours on the server. I do not AFK on the server, so this is reflective of real time spent improving Medical. 

5. What is the Main Purpose of a commander for a branch?
The main purpose of a branch Commander is set a positive example for the Corps as a whole, both in leadership and by maintaining a great stack of leaders within the Corps. NCO, Officers, and VCMDR should all be respectful of each other and other players, while also knowing how and when to punish someone or rebuke them for how they are behaving. This ensures that Medical doesn't slip into chaos the second higher-ups disconnect, and that it isn't a constant job of micro-managing every single member of the Corps. At this moment, Medical needs a bit of a rebuild Commander, and I believe I fit the task of reviving the ranks of Medical.

6. Why should we trust you to be a commander? :
I know I should be trusted as Commander because of my performance and drive to make Medical a better place. I command respect with both old and new medical for how I compose myself, and how I handle situations. I am extremely active with the housekeeping tasks of medical, such as roster updates, LOA, keeping members up to date on the latest documents, etc. I am constantly helping new people in the Discord and in game, something that is not below a VCMDR or CMDR. 

I do not show favoritism to friends. I also own up to my mistakes publicly to remain accountable, and communicate well on a daily basis with all my Officers, fellow VCMDR Flanbro, and with AHC as needed regarding what I would like to see from them, ideas I have for improvement, etc. I also remain level-headed in all situations I am in despite how frustrated I may be, and have never lashed out at anyone in the Gaminglight community. As a Commander, this is extremely important for professionalism and setting a good example for what leadership should be to VCMDR, Officer, NCO, and rising Enlisted. Good traits start at the top, and I aim to keep Medical inclusive of everyone. Yelling at someone for being confused/wrong is a great way to both distance yourself from your members, making them less apt to tell you what is wrong, and to reduce the likelihood they want to keep playing. This is something that had happened to me within Medical before, and it nearly made me quit, so you should believe me when I say that I will never do that. It's also just not in my nature. I understand that this is a game that many people come to to have fun and relax, and lashing out at someone instead of a calm explanation diminishes that for them. As mentioned on my VCMDR application, I really just love helping people have fun.

I am reachable most hours of the day, and many, many times members of Medical have messaged me with questions and concerns about Medical, and I do my best to address these.

To be forthcoming and honest in my application, I must address how I am somewhat new to being a Command member of Medical. My application for VCMDR was accepted only 10 days ago, but in that time I have worked non-stop to provide the foundation for the above changes, and have further increased the respect other medical have for me, as well as (I believe) the respect Command Members of other battalions have for me. Several people actually encouraged me to make this application, something which was somewhat surprising to me, but at least in their eyes I am doing great things for medical, and have excellent potential.

7. How often can you be Online? :
Until September (start of college classes), I can be on a minimum of 3-5 hours each weekday, and up to 7 on weekends. This is an average of ~5.5 hours. I would play more on weekdays but I have a 9-5 internship this summer.

After September I can be on based on class times and work:
- Sunday: 7 hours
- Monday: 4 hours
- Tuesday: 3 hours
- Wednesday: 3 hours
- Thursday: 3 hours
- Friday: 4 hours
- Saturday: 7 hours
Average: ~4.5 hours daily. If I don't get my internship extended to me for the school year I will be able to do up to 7 hours Monday and Friday.

8. Do you have any Warnings? (What for?) :
I do not have any warnings, active or past/appealed, from Medical, High Command, Staff/Mods, or any group on the server.

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- You're VERY new to VCMDR (only a week at the time of writing) and I think you should spend some more time in the position to get a better feel for things, etc. and spend more time with the regiment as a command member.

Besides that, good luck.

Edited by Flanbro

ImperialRP

Ret. Shadow Guard V Noir Ret. SF EP GSO Ret. MC HS VCMDR Flanbro - Ret. GMVI/Mod

1136393658_image(3).png.38d29dde09c4c4b898f756b644e3377a.png 

1 hour ago, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- You're VERY new to VCMDR (only a week at the time of writing) and I think you should spend some more time in the position to get a better feel for things, etc. and spend more time with the regiment as a command member.

Besides that, good luck.

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

+SUPPORT 

-active

-is new to vcmdr but does show alot of potential of becoming a great cmdr

-One of the best medical I have met and super easy to get along with

-Is a VERY good application

GOOD LUCK KEEGAN!

|EX SF SFL CSVL Dead|
|EX Admin|
|EX Shock Commander Dead|

3 hours ago, Zefer said:

+ support 

+ Might be new to it but he's one of the best medical VC I've seen in some time now. 

+ and medical needs a commander right now

For me it's a + 

"Even the good leaders make poor decisions, it's the best leaders that take responsibility for them." - Kratos

9 hours ago, TheDeadGuy said:

+SUPPORT 

-active

GOOD LUCK KEEGAN!

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

13 hours ago, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

18 hours ago, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

Current RP/Staff Ranks: Reserved/Retired

Previous Ranks: EX-ST Commander | Ex-SCTAL/SCTL I 3rd ID10 of The Month  ImperialRP Assistant Head Gamemaster | ImperialRP Admin Agent Gideon Hask IF2 

Team Chestbox Gang 

spacer.png

19 hours ago, TheDeadGuy said:

+SUPPORT 

-active

GOOD LUCK KEEGAN!

SF SFL SRVW EX: Nova VCMDR EX: DT SGT 
189th Mandalorian Corps Imperial Fleet Brigade 

183rd Siege Unit Star Fighter Zeta Wing
Coming Through Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

On 7/23/2021 at 7:34 AM, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

Former Vice Sovereign Aero

+ Support

+ Very Active

+ Kind

+ Helps make Docs

+ Has Great Communication with Medical

+ Great Application

+ Trustable

Ex. Medical Commander Zug
Senior Admin | Forum Diplomat | Support Member

On 7/23/2021 at 8:34 AM, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

Nova 2LT 

On 7/23/2021 at 7:34 AM, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

Ex: CMO Commodore | MO Commodore

Current: CPO Dornan

"Sometimes I wonder if Gmod is preventing me from getting girls"

On 7/23/2021 at 12:07 PM, TheDeadGuy said:

+SUPPORT 

-active

GOOD LUCK KEEGAN!

On 7/23/2021 at 8:34 AM, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

Crow

Former: Havoc Vice Commander | Eighth Brother | Purge HVYTO COL | ST SCTL CPT | IC SSE SGT | SubLT
200.gif

On 7/23/2021 at 5:34 AM, Flanbro said:

- Support

+ Good Guy

+ Active

+ Great Application

Besides that, good luck.

+Support
Not only does Medical require a Commander currently, I believe this person is fit for the position personally. Although I'm fairly new, he has proven to show a good amount of dedication that would befit the next role. I've also heard alot of similar comments and compliments around the server just randomly in conversation, so also seems to have a decent reputation.

Best of Luck!

Former Grand Admiral Thrawn

ACCEPTED
Thank you for your interest!

You have been Accepted into the team, and we would love to speak with you! Please contact Marshal Commander Bear within the next 3 days unless other instructions have been given to you. 

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

-Imperial High Command

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥