better thermals - Denied

Boulder Puncher

Post name: better thermals

What are you suggesting? - make it so thermals can be a equip able item 

How would this change better the server? -  since you have to call thermals in advert which means any 966 or invis unit has to uncloak and be seen by everyone including d class who might not even have thermals so adding thermals as a swep or equip able item would make for better realism and to make who ever has access to thermals see 966, etc

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  nothing I can think off

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  MTF,NU7 etc for better realism

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532012185

15 minutes ago, Domo775 said:

-support 

although this is a good suggestion

i could just see people meta gaming with it

by seeing the levels and instantly equipping them, 

Exactly

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

-Support

-I really don't see a need for it.

-I see lots of people dying/not putting it on because of this.

-What if the cloaked side had thermals? Would they be able to cloak, would there be floating thermal googles, etc?

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

-Support

this has already been a suggestion in the past

and if you didnt know, the server already has a "thermals" item installed

but, if I remember correctly they dont allow it due to lag issues it would cause when multiple people are using it at once

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 7/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, Domo775 said:

-support 

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

-Support

These are Night Vision Goggles not Thermals, I see no reason for Thermal Goggles as of the moment.

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

On 7/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, Domo775 said:

-support 

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

-support

So,
1. The addon has NO thermals. Its solely Night Vision
2. Performance Issues
3. Visible on models, which means infils kinda get fucked over by it, same with pathfinders
4. Whats stopping someone from just keeping thermal goggles on at all times? No logs for it, no way for staff to see if they were using thermals outside of really obvious kills, would be abused more then it would be good.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, Domo775 said:

-support 

I do agree the way that thermals work now is a bit iffy because people can just stay cloaked and run to a hiding spot then uncloak and I've seen this happen a few times, I would like this system to be reworked just not like this.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF