Improve Medic Job - Denied

Geeko

After playing the server for about a week something I have noticed a lot is that very few players play medic. From what I believe this is because there are other ways people can heal without needing a medic and also the job being a lot less rewarding than other jobs. I do not personally play as a medic but I think this should be improved to add more variety to the jobs players have on the server and for medics to be more useful. So here is my idea...

Since most of the time there aren't any medics online, I think it would be a good idea to remove the entire medical branch and have medical jobs in each branch. By this I mean getting rid of the medic jobs and instead adding jobs into other branches, for example, a gensec medic or a Nu7 medic.

This might seem crazy (because it probably is) but I think this would be a good solution to the issue of not having enough medical players online. Personally, I do not want to play the medic because it takes up an entire branch and also primarily focuses on healing other players which is a very small part of the game where as gensec focus on controlling D-Class and researchers focus on testing D-Class with SCPs. This idea would fix the solution because it would no longer take an entire branch and players would be able to heal others while also having a more important job as well. Obviously this idea isn't perfect so please add your thoughts to it as well because this is definitely becoming an issue.

• Dislike 1

R&D Chief Inspector and Poop Inspector

5 minutes ago, The Apple said:

- Support

Medical has more RP than just healing and I'd rather sooner remove the medical jobs from every other foundation branch then remove medical

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

I mean, yeah. That is a bit extreme to just... remove a branch. 

And, saying Medical is a small part of the server because they just heal is like saying Security is a small part because they just control D-Class.
If Medical can be replaced by jobs in other branches (e.g. a Nu7 Medic), then why can't Security be replaced by say a Nu7 Security Force or just have any and all Nu7 do Security's job. 
If we're at it, I'll take your example of Research as well. It literally just does roleplay with SCPs, so why not remove it and allow anyone to do testing. It's not that hard.
Also, there's Maintenance. They just fix ccs and what not, right? There are already MTF classes that can do that. Lets remove Maintenance too.

The reason why this doesn't happen is because the server would just become much more of a TDM than it already is.
Every branch contributes to the roleplay. The RP focused ones (Medical, Maintenance, Research, CI RnD) much more so, and removing them would just remove a huge portion of the roleplay.

This is SCP Roleplay after all, not SCP Team Deathmatch.

Fuck. This is a tangent. Yeah...

Tl;dr "I mean, yeah. That is a bit extreme to just... remove a branch." 
-Support

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

1 hour ago, Right Twix Bar said:

And, saying Medical is a small part of the server because they just heal is like saying Security is a small part because they just control D-Class.
If Medical can be replaced by jobs in other branches (e.g. a Nu7 Medic), then why can't Security be replaced by say a Nu7 Security Force or just have any and all Nu7 do Security's job. 
If we're at it, I'll take your example of Research as well. It literally just does roleplay with SCPs, so why not remove it and allow anyone to do testing. It's not that hard.
Also, there's Maintenance. They just fix ccs and what not, right? There are already MTF classes that can do that. Lets remove Maintenance too.

The reason why this doesn't happen is because the server would just become much more of a TDM than it already is.
Every branch contributes to the roleplay. The RP focused ones (Medical, Maintenance, Research, CI RnD) much more so, and removing them would just remove a huge portion of the roleplay.

-Support

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

10 hours ago, The Apple said:

- Support

Medical has more RP than just healing and I'd rather sooner remove the medical jobs from every other foundation branch then remove medical

I would legit remove rcu for medical to stay a branch

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

13 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

This really just gave me some new perspective so thank you for taking the time to reply, you are absolutely correct.

R&D Chief Inspector and Poop Inspector

On 6/24/2021 at 1:56 AM, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 6/24/2021 at 6:18 AM, The Apple said:

- Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"