Add a short cooldown when using the candy cane to heal

Bread

Lets try this again. Removing the healing ability entirely is too much, so I think a slight delay could be a good in-between.

What are you suggesting? - Add a 3-5 second delay with the Candy Canes healing. Pretty simple.

How would this change better the  server? - The candy canes heal way too fast, and just need some sort of delay to mitigate that.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  It's a donation weapon? While I understand, it just needs some tuning.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Server Balancing

• Like 3

lol, lmao even

eh i can see where your coming from buttttt
-support from me

most people got the candy cane because it’s faster then a Medkit, so some people might get mad that they spent $20 irl money for something that is equivalent of something in the server already 

i’ve probably killed you more then once 🥶🥶

spacer.png

-support
I like the Candy Cane and think it is the only good donator weapon right now, I think it is used by both sides a lot. 

Edited by enuz 💣

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

(-Support)

I don't have the Candy Cane so I can't really say much about this suggestion but what I do know is that this is a Dono Item and its meant to be a little strong sure it can be tedious during combat. But the TTH isn't really that intense.

~Love, Tania

"Osu! Fucking Pro"

- support

Personally i believe the candy cane is fine how it is and considering its a one time limited item and people pay good money, it should be better than the med kit not the same or worse. Its not overpowered at all in my opinion i think it is balanced for the money you pay for the item.

Edited by Dang

57 minutes ago, Domo775 said:

-support from me

most people got the candy cane because it’s faster then a Medkit, so some people might get mad that they spent $20 irl money for something that is equivalent of something in the server already 

1 hour ago, Domo775 said:

-support from me

i dont want the candy cane become a reskin for medkit,

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

2 hours ago, Dang said:

- support

Personally i believe the candy cane is fine how it is and considering its a one time limited item and people pay good money, it should be better than the med kit not the same or worse. Its no overpowered at all in my opinion i think it is balanced for the money you pay for the item.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

2 hours ago, Dang said:

- support

Personally i believe the candy cane is fine how it is and considering its a one time limited item and people pay good money, it should be better than the med kit not the same or worse. Its no overpowered at all in my opinion i think it is balanced for the money you pay for the item.

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

+ Support

Permanent medkit, even faster than it, i don't even know if it has rules for it like medkit (like no using when below X% health, in that case need surgery in medbay)

Yeah, people bought because it was op, and ofc gonna be mad about it, does not change that needs nerf: like trench knife, its still gonna be useful af, only not broken.

Even if its the same speed as medkit, its never gonna be a reskin, its permanent and dont need to buy supplies. (as far as i know)

Former: Medic Supervisor (Command), MTF Alpha-01 Engineer and Event Team

-Support

It's a limited time donation item. It's gonna be kind of powerful. People are gonna be mad if it's just gonna be a 20$ reskinned medkit. you can also just focus fire them and out damage them.

I see where your coming from, and I can see how it needs a nerf, but In my personal opinion, this isn't the way to do it.

A bigger nerd than ever

6 hours ago, Dang said:

- support

Free From GL ❤️

+Support, it is a permanent item that heals faster then a medkit, doesn't have any of the ammo limitations of the medkit, and can be used as a weapon while healing you up.

I think a downside to using it would be a good thing.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support

It's the best healing item that doesn't bug out like medikit as the animation doesn't display and you end up being stuck for a few seconds unable to switch, It's also a lot quicker.

Candy cane right now is also very easy to hide combat healing without the other side realizing.

Not to mention It's just another thing that takes away from medical as a branch.

Edited by Yeppes
  • Like 1

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)

-support
No Real need to make a change in my opinion just keep on shooting someone if you were and dont let them heal lmfao

(ImperialRP Ranks)ImperialRP EX Naval MO Lieutenant|EX Havoc 1st Lieutenant| Ex Seventh Sister
 (Divisions)ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster-retired Gamemaster Of Month For January 2021| Forums Diplomat-retired ImperialRP Senior Admin-retired

+support

def needed rn, should only be used as an emergency

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

-support 

as an old medic main this thing was NEVER a problem because it was a self healing only item, if it could heal others we would have had an issue so it doesn’t really take that much away from medical because not many have it 

I also think people here are forgetting their is already a self healing rule of 10 seconds after being shot so why put this on cool down, they already have to wait to heal and if they are not waiting THEN CALL AN ADMIN OR SOMETHING

12 hours ago, Krieg666 said:

+ Support

Permanent medkit, even faster than it, i don't even know if it has rules for it like medkit (like no using when below X% health, in that case need surgery in medbay)

Yeah, people bought because it was op, and ofc gonna be mad about it, does not change that needs nerf: like trench knife, its still gonna be useful af, only not broken.

Even if its the same speed as medkit, its never gonna be a reskin, its permanent and dont need to buy supplies. (as far as i know)

Their are no medkit rules, the rules your talking about are medicals rules and rules put in place on healing yourself not just the medkit 

14 hours ago, Starstep said:

+Support
In my opinion, it needs a change of sorts.

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

9 hours ago, jensonbarnes said:

-support
No Real need to make a change in my opinion just keep on shooting someone if you were and dont let them heal lmfao

Combat healing is against the rules.

10 hours ago, Phillers said:

+Support, it is a permanent item that heals faster then a medkit, doesn't have any of the ammo limitations of the medkit, and can be used as a weapon while healing you up.

I think a downside to using it would be a good thing.

I agree with Phill, +Support.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support

I have been using the candy cane for a while now and I must say its pretty powerful

I can easily get out of a gunfight then begin to heal as I am out of combat. 

I would say a 2-5 second nerf would be fine. 

• Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

19 hours ago, Krieg666 said:

+ Support

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

+Support

Rules regarding it could be added or a nerf in general - The candy cane is so extremely OP. The speed of which someone can heal themselves with is just crazy. Regardless, the argument of "people paid 20 bucks for it so it should be strong" isn't quite right with me as I do agree it should be stronger but not OP no matter how much money anyone paid for it. Just because it's paid for doesn't justify it being OP

Current:           Retired
Ex:                    CI PD || CI RnD SR BIO IOI || SCP-RP Event Team || E11 Major || Administrator