DEFCON Guide in spawn - Accepted [Completed]

Harry S. Plinkett

If you aren't going to change this defcon system back, at least help people out and give us some way to know what in the crust is going on, especially those poor Researchers. Numbers you can at least count, but how am I supposed to know that green is worse than blue? What kind of arbitrary nonesense is that? With the old system it at least made sense, 4 is less than 5. Regardless, here's my suggestion:

What are you suggesting? - Post a Defcon guide on the wall in spawns, so people know what in the world is happening. At the top would be the equivalent to Defcon 5 and at the bottom Defcon 1. Whatever those colors are. Better yet, have a number beside them so people can process this and categorize it in their head.

How would this change better the server? - New and returning players can understand the defcon system without having to constantly ask the same question.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Administrators would have to place the signs on the wall. Other than minimum effort, I can't imagine it would create any other issues. I mean, if that would cause lag then why are there so many other decals?

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Newer and returning players, colorblind people (such as myself), and people used to/prefer the old system and have a hard time switching over.

+Support
Yeeah it still seems like A LOT of newer/returning players can't quite wrap their head around the new system, So maybe a decal in some branches spawns would help.

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

+ Support
Good idea, although if this gets accepted, it will most likely be added when the new map comes out.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support
Good idea, although if this gets accepted, it will most likely be added when the new map comes out.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

+ Support

I do not see a reason as to why this would be an issue. The current system can be somewhat confusing with codes like orange and black and red and ragnarok being similar but slightly different. This would certainty be helpful just to have even with the old defcon system, so new people can understand whats going on. 

[SCP-RP]

Current : Nothing

Ex MTF E11 1LT Slick | Senior Admin - Support I

23 hours ago, Kenneth Slick said:

+ Support

I do not see a reason as to why this would be an issue. The current system can be somewhat confusing with codes like orange and black and red and ragnarok being similar but slightly different. This would certainty be helpful just to have even with the old defcon system, so new people can understand whats going on. 

+support

coming back to the server, this was surprisingly difficult to adapt to

hell, I still dont even know what some of the colors mean

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

4 hours ago, Bread said:

sure i can make that

I'd recommend these get placed in all the empty space in upper dblock so over isn't overwhelming with posters. Also, upper is where RP starts and knowing the defcons will start to become relevant.

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

• 2 years later...