Balance These Knives Already - Denied

APE

31 minutes ago, [GL] Jack said:

I saw a security juggernaught get one hit killed by a knife.

+support

that means he was almost dead already Big F

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+/- Support

I feel like the knives have landed in a pretty good state as they are now, I don't tend to see them relied on too heavily over guns or vice versa 

But MAN do those backstabs hurt

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, CanOBeanz said:

+/- Support

I feel like the knives have landed in a pretty good state as they are now, I don't tend to see them relied on too heavily over guns or vice versa 

But MAN do those backstabs hurt

+support.

It doesn't seem alright that i can get 4 hit in the face by 1 knife at full hp/armor. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 10/4/2020 at 2:48 AM, girlboy said:

-SUPPORT

The knives' backstabs are strong because they are supposed to be a reward for achieving a flank. Currently, knives (because they primarily are a weapon for D-Class) are fighting against the strongest GENSEC has ever been with Wardens, Riot Control, and incredibly high activity due to a new server and good high command (seriously you guys have a page and a half almost everyday for a couple hours, it's honestly impressive). As a player who essentially only plays D-Class, I can tell you when attempting to use knives, you will NEVER achieve four consecutive backstabs on any foundation combatant, especially not any CC that knows how to play the game. 

Sure on paper it seems that knives are crazy with 440 dmg in 5 seconds, but I'm sure you just had the CC turn your back to you, and you just right clicked. Think about context, when using a knife, you are always trying to rush and close distance... which makes you a priority. As soon as you're spotted, your combatant will backpedal and face you to get their shots in, making backstabs almost impossible. If players are lucky you get one good sneak attack and/or the combatant turns around to run. And for the players with knives, they end up knifing back, usually (as a D-Class CC) against someone with higher hp/armor and or more foundation on their side. To make knives even worse, the server has been in a meta where shotguns have been *dominating* for a WHILE, so closing in against the majority of players who strafe jump and shotgun with high latency and sometimes awkward hitreg? Not happening.

For the most part, I believe the server has been the most balanced since Site 05, and this is coming from a D-Class CC who faces shotguns and snipers and HSU and O9 Experimental Forces and those crazy CCs (Captain Mei, Omnipurpose, Psi-8, Invictus, ETC) and... you get my point. If anything, I feel that other weapons, specifically melee, are underpowered. Just look at the trench knife. I think why the knife gets so much attention is because honestly it's the only usable one. Every other melee weapon has bad hitreg against an already strong meta on a pretty laggy server. Fixing other melee weapons hitreg would introduce variety and open our eyes to the incredibly low standard melee weapons actually have. If knives are nerfed, melees will become obsolete, and it's just another weapon to be stumped by the meta we play in.

TL;DR knives are fine, consecutive backstabs never happen, and melees in general are actually very bad. don't let knives take the fall because of bad melees ❤️

I could have not said it better my self

-support The knives are at an alright state as they are right now if you lets say let a d-class get that close to you in the first place you deserve to get killed by them plus all you have to is not let the d-class get your back side to counter this just mag dump as you face them there the d-class is done for. Also using this his weapon would be for the most part a high risk high reward weapon.

On 10/4/2020 at 10:18 AM, Sixx said:

For a 10$ Wepon to be more OP then 100$ weapons on the store is a problem, especially considering how alot of D-Class have them.

Those are supposed to show support for the server not to be OP.  LOL it even says it in the description of those weapons 

Emperor of D-Block

-Support

-Even if the knife is good, you are heavily exposed and most of the time a target of choice.

-It is a donator weapon 

-All of the other melee weapons are obsolete

-No one would buy the knife if it would take you 8 hits to kill a CC

-The knife isn't as OP as you think it is

To add to that, I don't think it is hard to kill someone with a knife while you have 200 hp 200 Ap and a negev with a usas-12 

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making