Hostage Negotiations Suggestion - Denied

Killer.

What you want to see? - I want to see a rule change stating that "You Cannot Request an different negotiator that is not trained for Negotiations." for example like PD.

Why should we add it? - It should be added because if you think about it, people just request for an OFC to negotiate and most of the times they have no idea what is happening (sometimes they do) and they especially don't know how to do negotiations and are trained to set up perimeters.

What are the advantages of having this? - The advantages of having this is to reduce the stalling time where they request an OFC or any PD / Other departments who are not trained  to do negotiations and are trained to do something else in these situations like for PD they are trained to set up perimeters they shouldn't have to do perimeters and not do negotiations which gets confusing for the OFC's and usually makes the criminals win as it's stalling.

Who is it mainly for? - This is mainly for Government.

Links to any content -  N/A (It's a rule change and if it's an rule just not stated in MOTD, it should be stated in the MOTD, as I've been seeing more people request people who are not trained to do Negotiations.)

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

+/- Support

~ Letting an OFC negotiate will allow them to have experience with negotiations

~ The person getting the OFC can tell them what to do before they go negotiate

~ Reduce the stalling time

~ Allows a more expirence player know what they are suppose to be doing

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

9 hours ago, OG ICE said:

+/- Support

~ Letting an OFC negotiate will allow them to have experience with negotiations

~ The person getting the OFC can tell them what to do before they go negotiate

~ Reduce the stalling time

~ Allows a more expirence player know what they are suppose to be doing

if the rule is made, make it so that at least FBI/SCU can be requested as both departments have hostage situations in their SOP, and most if not all of their members have been trained. Maybe we could make it SGT+ or LT+ for PD to nego as well? 

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

2 hours ago, Rein said:

+support
Does OFC's aint ready yet and police shouldn't be negotiating when there is tac

State Command | State Head FTO

SPRT Command

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

+support

As soon as I figured out that this was okay, I was a little confused as they are not trained nor have any experience most of the time. I think you should only be able to get tac units or assistant tac units.

State Command | SPRT Commander | PoliceRP Super Admin SS Agent | FBI Agent | Umbrella Corp Member

On 9/30/2020 at 1:46 PM, Kinky Unicorns said:

+SUPPORT  you should not be able to request someone that doesnt know the intricacies of hostage negotiating and what the offender is and is not allowed to do creates confusion

|PD Captain|UMC LVL 2|Deputy Dispatch Director|

"I love the rain"

+Support

Ice has a decent point, but in reality, PD shouldn't be negotiating at all. Maybe with the exception of Low Command & High Command. Tactical Teams exist for a reason, they are trained to handle negotiations and are meant to understand the rules regarding hostages situations. Enlisted & Supervisors on PD, are not trained to handle those situations and will likely get the hostage killed. 

Edited by Niko Belic

On 9/30/2020 at 1:46 PM, Kinky Unicorns said:

+SUPPORT  you should not be able to request someone that doesnt know the intricacies of hostage negotiating and what the offender is and is not allowed to do creates confusion

〖   ImperialRP  〗
{ Ex. Battalions } Ex. Purge Vice Commander |Ex. Naval SSO LT
{ Staff } Ex. PRP Admin | Ex. IMRP Senior Moderator | Ex. PRP Event Team Member
 giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

No need for a rule like this. Government are not required to meet every demand if deemed unnecessary. If the criminal decides to kill the hostage it would not work well for them.

PoliceRP Manager