Cog's Senior Moderator Application- Accepted

Cogs

Should i become a Senior Moderator?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should i become a Senior Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Cogs

What is your steam name?: (GL) fazfan1987

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:73020236

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: not from any other servers, just being staff from here

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): very early April or late march

What date did you make your forums account?: April 1st

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: Moderator, plus platinum

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: 24000_screenshots_20200702223929_1.thumb.jpg.c5556847bb41a4c59ce40a8ac319b6db.jpg

Have you donated?: $505

What rank are you applying for?: Senior Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: nope

Have you read the staff guidelines: Can't even count how many times I've read it

Timezone: EST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Admins: October, Sinnik, Mini      Senior Admin: Rektify, Inaccurate    Super Admin: Pixelated

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I think i deserve this for a multitude of reasons. First of all, my basis in judgment, the idea of being bias has never affected any of my sits in any way shape or form. Second, Activity, i know my activity on staff has been iffy lately, though this is because of IRL duties and CI command stressing me out, though now that all of that has passed, i can be majorly active on staff all day, at least 3-6 hours on staff per day now that I'm no longer busy. Third, dedication within the knowledge of staff, as in, it's very easy for me remember most handbook regulations at any certain point, including when mentoring new Trial moderators and helping them anyway i can. Fourth, reputation, I believe i have made a good name for myself, whether it be in CI, utility, or just a d-class clan, I think i have gained a good or even great reputation among this amazing community and i hope to grow this reputation among other branches or even other servers. Fifth and last point, my passion for staff and GamingLight as a whole, ever since I've joined this community, I feel like I finally belong somewhere, and after getting the amazing feeling of a proper place, I want to give back as much as I can to this community anyway I can, whether it be through staffing or donations, I simply just feel the need to peruse making this community better anyway I can.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: After bringing them to a sit, i would ask them to stop dissing, if they keep going on, i would gag and/or mute them, use !blogs to check if they MRDMed, just to make sure, if its true, i would first warn them for staff diss and MDRM, then I would call senior moderator+ to ban them for the full 5 days or until a higher ranking staff member could could ban them for 5 days.

In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?: After there current punishment, i would inform the other staff members currently on the server to keep an eye on this individual, then use !spectate on this person for at least 2 minutes or until another sit comes in. If anymore problems arise, i will deal with them following handbook guidelines.

Edited by Cogs

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

+Support, Cogs has shown to be competent and i believe he'd fare well as a Senior Moderator.

• Thanks 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

37 minutes ago, Falxen said:

+Support, Cogs has shown to be competent and i believe he'd fare well as a Senior Moderator.

Cogs would make a great senior moderator!

• Thanks 1

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

He has my +Support. 

Cog does well enough to be senior moderator in my eyes.

• Thanks 1

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

1 hour ago, Rektify said:

He has my +Support. 

Cog does well enough to be senior moderator in my eyes.

• Thanks 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

ACCEPTED!

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept your promotion application! Please speak to HoS+ for SCP-RP in TeamSpeak to get started!

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."