Switching Hosting Servers - Denied

Consario

What you want to see? - A Server switch or a AFK rule 

Why should we add it? - During the day the server gets populated up to 90~ (On weekdays) Yet on the weekend it rises 100+ which is straining the server heavily, it causes bad lag and connection errors every few minutes or even seconds sometimes. Or at the very least add a rule to purge AFK D class because most of the population is people who are afking as a d class for money/exp.

What are the advantages of having this? - The server would be more stable and actually allow for a full player count

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

10 minutes ago, Propane said:

+support

Maybe it possible, an auto kick people AFK for 15+ minutes when there are 75+ players on?

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

I've heard SMT etc talk about this numerous times, however, it increases playercount, which in the end increases our rank *gmod server rank*. Even if you get on the server at night and just go afk, it increase player count. Obviously the higher up in playercount we are more people we can bring into the server. With all this in mind I don't think this will happen, while mabye yes it could keep the server a bit less laggy. 👍

Signature.png

2 hours ago, Masterson said:

I've heard SMT etc talk about this numerous times, however, it increases playercount, which in the end increases our rank *gmod server rank*. Even if you get on the server at night and just go afk, it increase player count. Obviously the higher up in playercount we are more people we can bring into the server. With all this in mind I don't think this will happen, while mabye yes it could keep the server a bit less laggy. 👍

See now imo, that's pretty messed up valuing your "Server Rank" over the quality of your server. If a server runs like ass when it get to 100+ people and you know it runs like this because refuse to change it because it increases the rank, then that's pretty stupid. I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, they do an amazing job, its just sometimes I feel SMT prioritizes the quantity over the quality of the server.

+Support, its worth a shot.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

3 hours ago, Masterson said:

If the server runs like a potato, people aren't going to wanna come back. You already have a high rank for SCP RP,  but if players don't have a good time. They won't come back cause they'll eventually get tired of it

5 hours ago, Masterson said:

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Fool said:

Bro the AFK people got this shit back up to rank 15

8 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

I dont think this would happen

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+support

Overall i understand where people are coming from with the Gmod server rank but it sucks when on E11, Medical or Omi9 and ill be walking around for a little bit when all of a sudden it hits over 100 people and the server Lag/Crash screen shows up every 10 seconds-Every 2 minutes It just makes the server near unplayable at that point in my opinion

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

On 6/14/2020 at 5:58 PM, Masterson said:

7 hours ago, [GL] Dtscalice said:

+support

Overall i understand where people are coming from with the Gmod server rank but it sucks when on E11, Medical or Omi9 and ill be walking around for a little bit when all of a sudden it hits over 100 people and the server Lag/Crash screen shows up every 10 seconds-Every 2 minutes It just makes the server near unplayable at that point in my opinion

I am going to do a +/- Support, because I feel as if for some people they afk for a short period of time because it takes them a while to actually log into the server sometimes 15 to 20 mins. I like the idea, but it can cause lose of player count. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)