SCP 106 Rule Suggestion - Denied

TG_Kilo

What you want to see? -  Update 106's rules in the MOTD where it specifically states that "you are not allowed to use your SWEP to teleport upwards through a staircase of any kind."

Why should we add it? - It's not how SCP 106 works within lore, and someone got warned by SMT for doing this.

What are the advantages of having this? - It prevents misconceptions of what SCP-106 can and cannot do with his SWEP, and it avoids the player from getting a warn over something as small as reading the 106 SWEP Guidelines in the MOTD the wrong way. Even some high ranking staff members were not too sure of this either.
image.thumb.png.d8dbfdd82a22858a99619f9bbaccfd92.png

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone, but mainly SCP-106.

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by TG_Kilo
  • Like 1

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

+Support, it might be easier to have this cleared up.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support

It makes sense in lore because 106 doesn't go up only left/right/down

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

-support

we just gonna ignore that key moment in containment breach where he legit flys through about 50 feet of concrete up into the surface.

Dunno about you guys but in my eyes, containment breach shows Scps best. Also, I don’t remember reading anything saying he can’t do this, ever?

ps. Like stated by people before, this is just a nerd to an scp that takes one d class if not one easy mtf to contain. Shouldn’t be a rule.

10 minutes ago, Da da da said:

-support

we just gonna ignore that key moment in containment breach where he legit flys through about 50 feet of concrete up into the surface.

Dunno about you guys but in my eyes, containment breach shows Scps best. Also, I don’t remember reading anything saying he can’t do this, ever?

ps. Like stated by people before, this is just a nerd to an scp that takes one d class if not one easy mtf to contain. Shouldn’t be a rule.

If you can provide some evidence of that, I might do -/+, but for now +Support for reasons above.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, Da da da said:

That's not him going through open space though.  Think of 106's PD as like a portal gun, he has to walk or sink through one solid surface to exit through another. Using Boozles report, it would be the difference between 106 going through the wall and exiting through the ceiling versus 106 levitating up between open areas to teleport directly to the player.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 6/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, MiniLeopard said:

+Support

It makes sense in lore because 106 doesn't go up only left/right/down

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand the confusion at all. It says you may teleport through doors and walls, and not open space. If you look up and teleport through a staircase, you could either consider it teleporting through a ceiling or teleporting through open space, both of which are not allowed.

big cat running GIF