The issue with ACM - Denied

October

Not going to leave a support at the moment, but there is also this thread that can possibly be referred to if need be, being as how it exists as well.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

Big -support

We need ACM as a way to defend ourselves when Gensec or MTF can't help us against CI.  If we didn't have ACM then we would go back to the days where medbay would become a slaughter house, Innocent residents getting shot up by CI...…..horrible, absolutely horrible!!! 

Edited by Trap Hunter
  • Like 2

HOMS/ best medical lad

1 hour ago, Trap Hunter said:

Big -support

We need ACM as a way to defend ourselves when Gensec or MTF can't help us against CI.  If we didn't have ACM then we would go back to the days where medbay would become a slaughter house, Innocent residents getting shot up by CI...…..horrible, absolutely horrible!!! 

Not necessarily, even with the recent suspension of the no killing non-combatants rule, we still are trying to go out of our way to not kill you guys. The only blood baths that happen in medbay are MTF attacking CI and vice versa. 

Edited by October

- Support

On 5/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, CanOBeanz said:

-Support

I haven't seen a problem with ACMs' place on the server, or the things they do, be it from a fairness or a strategy perspective. Therefore I can't honestly support changing their rules of engagement. With the loss of E11 Combat Medics, ACM have grown to fill an important role and they help out a lot to MTF, Medbay, and Gensec personnel, and also give a huge reward for medbay players to look forward to one day unlocking.

The main argument I keep hearing against ACMs right now is "They're a utility job", rather than a way they are affecting balance of combat branch interactions. If they're truly unfair in some way in the current way they exist, we can think of other ways to make them more fair-- Be it through armory restrictions, stat changes, d block restrictions, etc.

I don't think it's fair to completely rollback this job to self-defense only ROE though.

244216482_CyberpunkForumsSignature.gif.74e8ba02c98f1a8de8ee35a6502ecc8d.gif

[SCP-RP] - Retired Deputy Head of Security | Joined 3/13/20, Left 9/13/20 

• 2 weeks later...