Map Edit Suggestion: Make separate Tesla controls for HCZ and LCZ. - Denied

Gunther

What you want to see? - I want to see two separate Control Rooms, one that controls the Tesla Gates in LCZ, and one that controls the HCZ.

Why should we add it? - As of recent, D-Class have started to mass riot much more than usual, mostly due to the hype of the new CS:GO weapons. This has led Gensec to be forced to retreat to the halls to avoid dying to the D-Class's 10+ waves. One of the better methods we have to slow their rioting is to camp outside the D-Block hallways with the Teslas on, because it forces D-Class to either get shot up or die to the Teslas. Problem is, we often rely on MTF to flip it on, and most of the time they are busy with something else. So I propose we makes two Control Rooms, perhaps place the LCZ one in the Technical Storage Room and place a Level 3 keypad on it. That way Technical can get it to it fast to repair it but at the same time, its has maximum protection against CI and D-Class, forcing them to go through two keypads before getting to it. 

Edit: To make it more fair for D-Class and so this isn't abused to shite, I'd say the restriction to using this would be CPT or SCMD+, can only be activated if Hands Up, Partial, Riot Protocol, and MTF Support all fail. This would be the 3rd in line of most restricted, the 2nd and 1st being Mustard Gas and Magnetic Lockdown. I'd also suggest making it can only be on for 10-15 minutes at a time before "the generators go into a recharge mode", in which case its on cooldown for maybe 30-45 minutes (those numbers can be adjusted). 

Edit #2: Need I remind everyone D-Class are prisoners in a highly classified facility, it should not be absolutely easy to escape, it should be at the very least challenging. It takes D-Class on average with a medium sized riot 10 minutes to take Upper, with or without CS:GO knives. Despite what people think, D-Class are not that weak, they can destroy people. If D-Class all had fists, it'd be too easy for us, but they have melee weapons which generally do anywhere from 55-120 damage in 1-4 hits, they have no NLR, we can't heal ourselves at a moment's notice, there's lag, there's extended range on certain knives, and difficult to predict attacks from Hammers. There's a lot of factors most people don't consider so when Gensec has trouble holding D-Block, its probably because there's a lot more to it than "I have gun, they have knife. I should win".

What are the advantages of having this? - Starting off, this way it doesn't affect the whole site, obviously turning on the Teslas for just D-Class affects the whole site. This would eliminate making it an inconvenience for HCZ. Second, it allows Gensec Command to flip on the Teslas whenever things get really bad at a moment's notice. Could give Technicians more RP, gives them something to fix. 

Who is it mainly for? - Gensec, Everyone, Technical a tiny bit.

Links to any content - 

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

6 hours ago, Gunther said:

Starting off, this way it doesn't affect the whole site, obviously turning on the Teslas for just D-Class affects the whole site. This would eliminate making it an inconvenience for HCZ

That's the point. Something as powerful as Tesla gates needs to have a drawback and it being site wide is just that.

Second, it allows Gensec Command to flip on the Teslas whenever things get really bad at a moment's notice.

This would be so overpower all gensec has to do is set up a firing line on the other side of the gate and D-class will have no chance.

Could give Technicians more RP, gives them something to fix. 

/me spills coffee

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

Actually now that rabbit brought it up

This would make it near impossible for D class to escape as Gensec just have to sit at the end of the hallway with guns and can switch on teslas at a moments notice 

-SUPPORT

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

If this was going to be added their would need to be some restrictions on the Tesla gate for D-block

I would recommend only SCMD+ for turning the d-block one on and a certain amount of time it can be on for, maybe same time as Full lockdown and a decent cooldown for it maybe around 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

This would make it near impossible for D class to escape as Gensec just have to sit at the end of the hallway with guns and can switch on teslas at a moments notice 

-SUPPORT

2 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-SUPPORT

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

4 hours ago, Fool said:

If this was going to be added their would need to be some restrictions on the Tesla gate for D-block

I would recommend only SCMD+ for turning the d-block one on and a certain amount of time it can be on for, maybe same time as Full lockdown and a decent cooldown for it maybe around 10 minutes.

+Support if HEAVY restrictions are in place. E.G COL+ has to authorize it along with a Admin/Senior Admin/Super Admin+, Can't be on for longer than 5 minutes. Gensec must wait 10 minutes between using the teslas.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

4 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+Support if HEAVY restrictions are in place. E.G COL+ has to authorize it along with a Admin/Senior Admin/Super Admin+, Can't be on for longer than 5 minutes. Gensec must wait 10 minutes between using the teslas.

That's extremely heavy, that's as much restriction as a Magnetic Lockdown, which literally ceases their riots altogether. If any sort of restrictions were added, I'd say CPT or MAJ+ and only as a 2nd to last resort, last resort being Mag Lockdown. If Hands Up, Partial, MTF, and Riot Protocol all fail, the Teslas would be the next course of action. Obviously, we wouldn't go to this at the first sign of danger.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif