Roll For Amnestics - Denied

Mary-Jane BlazeIt

What you want to see? -  When administering amnesics,  a player should have the option to roll for resistance. You'd have to get like a 90 or something but theoretically you could make your character resistant to a round of amnesics.

Why should we add it? -  It would be an interesting way for a D Class to learn more about the foundation.

What are the advantages of having this? - More interesting potential for role playing with and as D Class

Who is it mainly for? - Serious D Class role players

3 hours ago, Arium said:

+/- Support

I give amnestics to like 30 people a day. Maybe if this is only for d-class, but if its for everyone, it will just be very annoying. If I fail to give someone amnestics, I'm just going to kill them.

Well said.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Actually...

I remember whenever I used to play. {From When I first joined the server} Researchers roll for administration of amnesties against D-Class. I thought it was in the rules to Roll against every /me actions. Due to it be chances.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

3 hours ago, Skela said:

Actually...

I remember whenever I used to play. {From When I first joined the server} Researchers roll for administration of amnesties against D-Class. I thought it was in the rules to Roll against every /me actions. Due to it be chances.

I had the same like skela, but who even plays dclass seriously? 

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

On 11/29/2019 at 11:52 PM, Arium said:

+/- Support

I give amnestics to like 30 people a day. Maybe if this is only for d-class, but if its for everyone, it will just be very annoying. If I fail to give someone amnestics, I'm just going to kill them.

[SCPRP]
Retired Security Captain

The previous rule that was added for this was. If you rolled higher than 98 you would remember everything. So if some said 05-1 is igneous and you got 98+ you would rp remember that.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 11/30/2019 at 6:01 AM, Hoovy said:

What am I supposed to say if I fail the role..

Oops I dropped the spray bottle?

No they're just resistant. Amnestics are only like 90% effective.

On 11/30/2019 at 2:52 AM, Arium said:

+/- Support

That would be metagaming. You're not failing to administer them, they're just resistant.

2 hours ago, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

That would be metagaming. You're not failing to administer them, they're just resistant.

Ok ill give them a cover up story men in black style and when i see they get confused ill kill them, then ask their command to strike them

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

On 12/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

Yea, you also wouldn't know you failed unless they said what you thought you just made them forget.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

Okay but you'd have to do that for every D Boi regardless of their rolls.

So at this point youre suggesting that we amnesticize with extra steps?

37 minutes ago, BadAim said:

So at this point youre suggesting that we amnesticize with extra steps?

No I'm saying you amnesticize then and give the guy playing as the D Class the chance to actually grow as a character instead of effectively killing them everytime. 

Edited by Mary-Jane BlazeIt

19 hours ago, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

No I'm saying you amnesticize then and give the guy playing as the D Class the chance to actually grow as a character instead of effectively killing them everytime. 

Yeah. That is more fun. A D Class that learns over time about the secrets of the foundation and shares it with CI to become more deadly is really fun and can add a lot of roleplay.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

22 hours ago, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

Part of A1 operating procedures is to kill class D who have knowledge of anything redacted so 👎

1 hour ago, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

That just means if you play a D Class who has this knowledge then you're going to have to be discrete about it.

Yeah. That is exactly what we need. I love this idea.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

4 hours ago, Mary-Jane BlazeIt said:

That just means if you play a D Class who has this knowledge then you're going to have to be discrete about it.

As I've already stated, branches will just add a line to their amnestics guidelines to ask Class-D questions to make them slip up and act confused to test if the amnestics worked. There is always a way around, and I assure you branch leaders will find it.

Still a -Support from me. This idea isn't really bringing a lot to the table other than extra steps for an already tedious process.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

Yeah. That is more fun. A D Class that learns over time about the secrets of the foundation and shares it with CI to become more deadly is really fun and can add a lot of roleplay.

That's why they have to roll 98+ like in the old days