NLR Timer for top of screen - Accepted - In Progress - Completed

David

What do you want to see? - Add an NLR timer at the top of the screen, like SCP-RP. Have it count up to 5 minutes starting at 1 second; format it like this 0:01 -> 4:59.
Why should we add it? - Instead of players having to use /report or a timer on their phone or something, they can look at the top of their screen.
What are the advantages of having this? - Helps diminish confusion.
Who is it mainly for? - Everybody.
Links to any content -

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

+support i havent played scprp but if this is a feature in that server id love to see it added here

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

O                                                  O 

(this is supposed to be a police car)        

+support

very useful on SCP

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

• Head Admin

+ support 

would stop any arguments about missing your timer by mere seconds, would also be good for most the player base 

i have also seen a NLR boundary where if you run into it within your NLR timer it TP's you back to spawn, maybe this could be a good addition

Signature.png

$500+ Donator

+/- Support

David I was the one who told you about this cool system. However I didn’t explain the issue of it. So hopefully SMT considers this if they want to implement this suggestion.

NLR is really consistent with the jobs on SCPRP. E-11 has 3 min NLR, Security has 2 min NLR, etc. However the issue with PoliceRP with criminals get raided, they have a different NLR timer (5 Mins) opposed to the normal NLR time (3 mins). This also applies to government when dying in a gov raid, they have a 2 min nlr compared to 3 min nlr.

Would recommend maybe reverting the 5 min rule for NLR for crim, maybe making nlr in general 2 mins. Or they could just code “events” so the NLR add on would change the NLR time when the gov raid event activates, or when gov raids crim. In general something to work around the situation of how long your NLR is.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 8/24/2023 at 11:12 AM, Calamity said:

+/- Support

David I was the one who told you about this cool system. However I didn’t explain the issue of it. So hopefully SMT considers this if they want to implement this suggestion.

NLR is really consistent with the jobs on SCPRP. E-11 has 3 min NLR, Security has 2 min NLR, etc. However the issue with PoliceRP with criminals get raided, they have a different NLR timer (5 Mins) opposed to the normal NLR time (3 mins). This also applies to government when dying in a gov raid, they have a 2 min nlr compared to 3 min nlr.

Would recommend maybe reverting the 5 min rule for NLR for crim, maybe making nlr in general 2 mins. Or they could just code “events” so the NLR add on would change the NLR time when the gov raid event activates, or when gov raids crim. In general something to work around the situation of how long your NLR is.

i believe he suggested count up to five for simplicity sake, it can change however smt sees necessary, though starting at one second and counting up to five minutes basically covers all scenarios you can imagine

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

O                                                  O 

(this is supposed to be a police car)        

On 8/24/2023 at 9:12 AM, Calamity said:

+/- Support

Agree with this^ 

I propose a generalization of NLR timers across the board for gov and crim. One number for any situation besides gov raid.

Crim: 5mins regardless of everything besides gov raid. 

Gov: 3 mins regardless of everything besides gov raid

During gov raid depending on which class you are applies the correct timer. For gov, 2 mins, for crim, none. This would make it like SCPRP where the timers are consistent. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 10:45 AM, Tactical said:

+ support 

would stop any arguments about missing your timer by mere seconds, would also be good for most the player base 

i have also seen a NLR boundary where if you run into it within your NLR timer it TP's you back to spawn, maybe this could be a good addition

logan2.png

-/+ Support 

While yes this would be helpful we would need way more consistent NLR times. 

Currently your NLR can be anything at-least for gov from 3 minutes to 2 minutes to 5 minutes. 

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

On 8/27/2023 at 7:16 AM, Jbane56 said:

Agree with this^ 

I propose a generalization of NLR timers across the board for gov and crim. One number for any situation besides gov raid.

Crim: 5mins regardless of everything besides gov raid. 

Gov: 3 mins regardless of everything besides gov raid

During gov raid depending on which class you are applies the correct timer. For gov, 2 mins, for crim, none. This would make it like SCPRP where the timers are consistent. 

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+support

This sounds very cool and i think this should be added to every server. Its sometimes hard to figure out how many minutes you have before going back to that place you died.

PD SNR  FBI SNR SA  |   USMS RCT   |               

"The Kid on the Server"           "A Loser 🙂"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Manager

Accepted! Management have reviewed this and will start looking at getting this added into the server! Updates on the progress of the suggestion will be announced on this post! 🙂

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

• Manager

This suggestion is currently being worked on to be added in-game!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Manager

This suggestion is completed! The suggestion is either in-game or will be in next restart! Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestion! ❤️