Changing Cloaking - Accepted [Completed]

purple2005

What are you suggesting? - Simply put my suggestion is to replace all the cloaking on the server with a new one that I believe will be fair well still providing people with a cool cloaking ability. However I would keep the current cloak for SCPs because there a whole diffrent story because most of them use melee combat anyways.

Explanation of the new cloaking: The best explanation of this cloaking would be active camo from Halo you become slightly visble when you walk and fully visible when you run. And only fully invisble if you stand still or crouch walk also your cloak disables when you fire your weapon.

How would this change better the server? -  It will change how cloaking is used within combat not to say it cant be used for combat but it wont be as good as the current swep is for it. For instence with this new cloak it will make it harder to run up behind someone well cloaked and instantly kill them with a shotgun or somthing so in that regard I also believe it will make cloaking a more balenced combat tool which is what cloaking is normally used for anyways. I also just think that this new cloaking would make people a lot less annoyed with cloaking like some are with the current version in the server.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -   So I cant think of too much but it may be be diffucult to add it to the server like SMT might have to edit the files for it to work properly. On top of that you would need to replace it on every single cloaking job (Except SCPs) A1, O1, STH, CI infil, ect as this change only plays out fairly if it is changed on everysingle cloaking job (except SCPs). I guess the only other thing would be the addition data added onto the server as we would be keeping the old swep just for SCPs I suppose they cold replace those as well but I dont think it would be very fair for those SCPs.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  I do believe that this change will be of benefit to all combatants making it more fair when it comes to the use of cloaking in combat.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - vvvvvv

So I have multiple diffrent addones that I believe will work and which I will list them from my personal favorite to my least this is merly to provide multiple options. I will also be providing clips so that people can see just how each one of these would work in games as well as how they differ from one another.

Option #1 (My personal favorite) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1475481224 (this one also contains multiple varients which have diffrent lengths of cloaking time or you can just do infinite which is what I imagine would be used) 

(Clip of #1): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1os5I5OqLA_WXn/d1337LB51TYW?invite=cr-MSwzbEQsMTA2MDA1NTczLA

Option #2 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1500798310

(Clip of #2): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1os6t57INt8TWe/d1337FFD2avC?invite=cr-MSwzTXEsMTA2MDA1NTczLA Cons: Disables after switching off the cloak

Option #3 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308977650

(Clip of #3): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1os7yyNeUbQzqy/d13376IsQjjL?invite=cr-MSxmNm8sMTA2MDA1NTczLA Cons: does not work with crouch walking only fully cloaks when standing still it turns your screen totally grey and finally it also does not uncloak if you fire a gun well standing still

Current: Director Of Containment

Previous: HSU Head/Nu-7 CMDR

+support

if i die to one more cloaker im going to hurt somebody physically

they're near impossible to fight and this would at elast nerf them by forcing them to crouch or stand still if they want to stay cloaked. Don't know how it would work with thermals or the uncloaking when being shot thing but I'm sure that could be worked around somehow. At least a system *similar* to this would be an improvement compared to how it is now imo. 

+Support

I think the first option looks like a much more balanced way of handling cloaking, it looks like something that would require more thinking to use.

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

-Support, while this is a good idea, and the SWEP is awesome you found, there is the problem that the SWEP needs to be strong in order to be worth 80 Dollars. And I think with nerving it, we would affect the value of the packages we sell to our Players. 

If you want to Nerv Cloakers even more, I think the right way would be replacing it with something else. 

• Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Boesermaster said:

-Support, while this is a good idea, and the SWEP is awesome you found, there is the problem that the SWEP needs to be strong in order to be worth 80 Dollars. And I think with nerving it, we would affect the value of the packages we sell to our Players. 

If you want to Nerv Cloakers even more, I think the right way would be replacing it with something else. 

I disagree, many donator packages give explicit warnings about some sort of power decrease (legends weapons, guns that cannot be used by dclass, etc.) People still buy those SWEPs knowing that they have some power flaw. An amount paid should not be an excuse to lose game balance.

+Support

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support

first cloak swep is fire

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

4 hours ago, Boesermaster said:

they are removing all donor cloakers 

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

2 hours ago, Dick Grayson said:

they are removing all donor cloakers 

Yes that is a wip but we still need things which are worth the money til now, almost no one made any effort to really replace them with something you could say hey yeah That’s a good replacement. 

So I assume as far as it looks like Cloakers will be staying. 

1 minute ago, IgnisNuts said:

+Support

Fuck those guys, everyone hates those guys

fr

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

10 hours ago, Nydekore said:

I disagree, many donator packages give explicit warnings about some sort of power decrease (legends weapons, guns that cannot be used by dclass, etc.) People still buy those SWEPs knowing that they have some power flaw. An amount paid should not be an excuse to lose game balance.

+Support

While this is true, all 3 Packages should be relativly equal, Samsara, has its good Regen outside of Combat, Big Fucking Guns, can blow people up. And a worse swep, scps have just doesnt seem worth it at all.

Manually activating them, was already a Huge Nerv, i think putting something else there is better then. Or buff the other Donator Weapons. Or make other Suggestions, but the Cloak job as it is, shouldnt be furhter Nerved.