General suggestion - Bring back phones - Denied

Above the Law

What are you suggesting? -

Bring back phones!!!!! Bringing back phones to the game would be awesome! It was so cool having them on Site 50, they added a lot to the RP experience. Using phones instead of just chat or open comms would make the game more dynamic and give players a chance to get creative with their strategies. It would also make the game feel more realistic since phones are such a big part of our daily lives. All in all, it's a small change that could make a big difference in how players engage with the game.

How would this change better the server? - 

Adding phones back into the SCP RP server would have several benefits. First and foremost, it would enhance the roleplaying experience and make communication between players more realistic and engaging. Instead of relying solely on text chat or voice chat, players could use phones to communicate in a more immersive way.

Additionally, bringing back phones would add a layer of strategy to the game. Players could use them to negotiate with their opponents or coordinate attacks in a more intricate and creative way. This would make the gameplay more dynamic and keep players engaged for longer.

Moreover, the addition of phones would make the game feel more realistic. In real life, phones are a ubiquitous part of modern communication, and including them in the game would add to the overall sense of immersion. This would make the gameplay experience more enjoyable for players, as they would feel like they are truly inhabiting the game world.

Overall, bringing back phones to the SCP RP server would improve the game in several ways, from enhancing roleplay to adding a new layer of strategy and realism. It would be a small change that could make a big difference in the overall enjoyment of the game.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

One possible disadvantage is that adding phones could potentially lead to an increase in spam or trolling behavior. If players are given too much freedom with the phones, they could use them to send excessive or inappropriate messages, which could disrupt gameplay and make the experience less enjoyable for other players.

Another potential downside is that adding phones could create an imbalance in gameplay. This could lead to frustration among players who feel like they are at a disadvantage, and could ultimately harm the overall balance of the game.

Finally, adding phones could potentially create additional workload for server administrators or moderators, who may need to monitor phone usage to prevent abuse or inappropriate behavior.

Overall, while there are some potential downsides to adding phones to the SCP RP server, these can be mitigated with proper moderation and clear rules around phone usage. With the right precautions in place, the benefits of adding phones to the game could outweigh any potential drawbacks.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

The addition of phones to the SCP RP server would likely benefit players who enjoy roleplaying, as it would enhance their ability to engage in immersive and realistic communication with other players. Using phones would allow for more creative and strategic negotiations, enabling players to craft complex and compelling RP scenarios. This would be particularly beneficial for members of the MTF, who could use phones to coordinate their efforts and negotiate with CI in a more immersive and engaging way.

In addition, the inclusion of phones would benefit players who enjoy immersion and realism. Phones are a ubiquitous part of modern life, and their inclusion in the game would make the experience feel more authentic and believable. This would allow players to better inhabit the game world and feel more invested in their characters and the overall story of the game.

Overall, the addition of phones would enhance the gameplay experience for a variety of players, from those who enjoy roleplaying to those who value immersion and realism in their gaming experiences. It would provide a new tool for MTF members and enable more creative and strategic gameplay for all players.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

I do not have the link to the previous mods because well... I'm not a dev. But I'm sure Zeeptin or Kevlar could find the old plugin used and post it in the replies. It wouldn't be hard to find an example on workshop anyways.

Edited by Above the Law

HOR CRYPTONUS
 Username: Cryptonus

Head of Research | MTF A-1 LCPL PINE

"[OOC] Trial Moderator | MTF E11 MRK LCPL Prox: Alexx why did you suck me?" - Prox

+support

Can't wait to call mcdonalds in RP again

Edited by Kaizer

Former: SeniorMod - Security CPT - Research RAM RHH Guardian Alpha 99-Agent Purple Rain

CCs: Kosher Inspectors - Security Black Ops - The Jokerz - Nobody

522575323_onepieceforums.png.98e609e9ad63d4c4031c515873bebb7e.png

3 hours ago, Kaizer said:

+support

Can't wait to call mcdonalds in RP again

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

+Support

I agree with the suggestion of having phone backs HOWEVER there was a lot of spamming when they were first installed because of this I would like to say that phones should be restricted to certain people such as CMD+ or NCOs who are given permission from CMD+/No CMD on

FormerNu-7 Low Command Medical Low CommandMTF E11 Senior CommandSCP-RP Admin/ET 

loop missing GIF King of having problems and terrible rolls

5 hours ago, The silent man said:

+Support

I agree with the suggestion of having phone backs HOWEVER there was a lot of spamming when they were first installed because of this I would like to say that phones should be restricted to certain people such as CMD+ or NCOs who are given permission from CMD+/No CMD on

NAh, that would take the Fun out of it, maybe just putting it in a few Places would help it also, without locking it away.

ehh,

The phones were cool and could be used but there were not any better than just using comms.

I liked the RP it added to the server but most of the time it was used to distract people, particularly in D-Block.

If they were brought back the only phone should be in the Gensec lockers so that Enlisted are not getting distracted and then getting shot.

+Support with these restrictions.

+Support 

It is just fun to use. Yes it can cause trolling etc, but also adds for some fun RP.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

-Support just for how it is colored holy fuck that hurts my eyes

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

On 3/27/2023 at 12:16 AM, Sixx said:

-Support just for how it is colored holy fuck that hurts my eyes

Man, I just really fucking hate the blank text. It needed some color and I had no other clue of what to do to make it look nicer 😞

HOR CRYPTONUS
 Username: Cryptonus

Head of Research | MTF A-1 LCPL PINE

"[OOC] Trial Moderator | MTF E11 MRK LCPL Prox: Alexx why did you suck me?" - Prox