General Suggestion - D-Class Smuggler Change [Completed]

Dagger

What are you suggesting? - If I'm honest this is just something that has kind of annoyed me for a while. Despite D-Class Supplier (Level 35) and D-Class Smuggler (Level 75) having a 40 level difference in requirements, they are fundamentally the same except the smuggler gets a kind of weak revolver and a medkit. Now, the name "smuggler" implies that they are good at sneaking things inside the facility (this is made apparent considering the fact they have a revolver at the ready), wouldn't it make sense that they are SO good at sneaking things inside that they have the luxury of selling things at a decreased price?

What I am suggesting is that all items Smugglers can buy (Guns, melee weapons, etc) have their price decreased by either 25% or 50% depending on what SMT want to do. For example, an SMG that costs 5000$ will now cost 2500$. This will essentially make them a Tier 2 D-Class Supplier, with the added benefit of them being able to sell things at a more affordable price for new players (I don't think a new player with 20K is going to want to spend 5K on a shitty weapon they will die instantly with).

How would this change better the server? - Give a slight buff to D-Class, and make it a bit easier for the very few people that like to roleplay. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Believe it or not, buffing a singular D-Class job that not many people play on will make it a bit more difficult for Gensec. But considering how difficult its been to riot over these past few months, I'd say yall will be fine. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - High level D-Class players.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

If you leave a -Support, please give a genuine reason other than "I don't like D-Class, therefore I don't want them slightly buffed"

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

+Support

I think this is a good idea as long as it is implemented properly.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

On 2/25/2023 at 1:30 AM, Mary said:

+Support

And maybe give the class some more high damage SMGs or anything along the lines since it is level 75 and it supposed to be a tier 2 smuggler.

Agree with this but they should not be spamable like the other guns

Former Ranks: Medical AHOMSSEC Major AJG WL LucillaD5 Vice CommanderCI R&D Archivist DHBICI Lieutenant Colonel

737457596_Screenshot(111).png.b0bac56931254c79ac0b8514688eae15.png

• 3 weeks later...