Elevate's Admin Application.- Accepted

Elevate

Poll Title  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe I am deserving of Admin?

• Yes
    • No

Elevate's Admin Application

(If you have any questions concerning me or my staffing ability, I am free to ask any questions related to that, In the forum thread below.)

What is your in-game name?:

Elevate

What is your steam name?:

[GL] -Elevate- 

What is your steam ID?: 

STEAM_0:1:639841200

What is your discord username:

Elevate#5509

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:

I do not have any pass experience, but I believe I've learnt lots being staff for these months.

What date did you start playing on the community?

9/3/22 (roughly 5-6 months now)

What date did you make your forums account?

9/6/22

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

platinum/Senior Moderator

Are you a staff member in another community?

No

Have you read the staff handbook?

Yes

Time zone:

PST (Pacific Standard Time)

What rank are you applying for?

Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I committed a lot of time to Gaming Light, specifically on SCP-RP. I've become a known member of the community for the past months I've been here, with my time being SCMD in Maintenance, LCMD in R&D, I've grown familiar with blacklisting, dealing with minge(y) behavior and how to deal with it. I believe I am deserving of Admin due to my time spent staffing and time on the server, My knowledge of the staff handbook, my Understanding of the SCP-RP rules and teaching them to others. I believe my staffing abilities are adequate for the Admin position, I've done great mentoring by shadowing Trial moderators and asking if any staff/Tmods needs my assistance everyone needed. Overall I've shown great commitment to the staffing job and community around it. although I've done some minor mistakes and/or Dumb mistakes in the past, due to either lack of knowledge of the Staff Handbook or miscommunication, I believe through my experience in staffing, and regularly reciting The Staff Handbook and Rules of the server, I've grown more mature and educated in my staffing abilities. Through this maturity, my next steps in staffing should be the Admin position. I believe this allows me to engage even more with new staff members, allows me to increase my knowledge on future programs like Forum Diplomat, and Support Team to receive Senior Admin, and overall proves my position as a great staff member. I hope you will consider me this position - Elevate. 

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing, and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would !gag them if continued to disrespect me or the Reporter if x2. Secondly, I would check the combat logs and confirm this claim, Then I would ask if the Reporter had any Video evidence just to secondly verify. If the Player has been found to RDM 1x,2x,3x and found to disrespect me or another player, They will be formally warned and notified of punishments given for both RDM and Staff/Player Disrespect and Jailed for the Amount of time applicable. If they have an issue or disagreement, I would link them to the report Centre on the forms. If 4x RDM I would contact a member who can issue 5 day+ ban or alternativity, If no one is available to ban for 5 days, I would ban them for the 3 days (If I was still Senior mod), and continue to request a ban extension with the Screenshots of the logs, and possible Video Evidence. 

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

Firstly I would !gag each player and continue to ungag the Sit Reporter for the time being. I would secondly continue to let everyone know that arguing and talking over each other will solve nothing. I would hear the Sit Reporters story and examine proof it if needed. Continue to !ungag one by one until finished and If disrespect or Toxicity continues to happen against me or another player, I would then issue the necessary punishments for Disrespect (Towards Staff/Players) Lastly before giving out the !warns/punishments (if applicable), I would notify each person of the punishments/warns being received and if they have an issue to bring it to the forums, at the Report Centre.
As Staff we should always be respectful and professional. Telling people to be quiet or shut up would not solve anything productive and can show a lack of control.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

Depending on the situation of the Sit, generally, if they are warned for RDM, FailRP, or any rule break on that level, if they admit they broke the rule and just ask for punishment I would continue to punish them for the rule break admitted. I would ask the player reported multiple times if they want to be formally warned, or alternativity we can carry on with the sit in a regular fashion. On the other hand, if they disrespect me or others, or begin to be toxic, further punishments will be applicable and given out to them, they will be told of the punishments given to them, and if they believe its unfair or false, I will link them with the Report Centre on the forums.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

If the player is found multiple times either by logs or Video Evidence, that they have abused or used this as an advantage against others, a Formal warning will be necessary. If they only recently used this bug, and are unsure of the rules of the server, I would first link them to the SCP-RP rules and verbally explain the issue with the bug being used, as a verbal warning may only be needed. Lastly, if they are found to be lying to staff about following server rules and still using the bug, with proof and evidence to back the claim up. A formal warning for Lying to Staff will be given and explained to them, along with any other guidelines broken.

Thank you for reading. ❤️ 

Edited by -Elevate-

+support 

I don't know you that well but i've learned abit from your scenario questions and now i will learn more in the future 🙂

• Like 1

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

+Support

-Decent Activity

-Good staff

[CURRENT] CI SSGT, RnD SVA, CQOP, STS, Apollo Theta Unit, F5 Satan V

[FORMER] Nu7 CPL||E11 SSGT => CEO||CI RnD SVA||SEC SM||D5 SSGT => CTF ESL Pyxis||MA||RRH Engineer Delta 16||RA => RFA Freyja PA1||Senior Mod||Chief Manager => HMR|

[CUSTOM CLAN] Global Occult Coalition S-3  Horizon Initiative Legion III       [CUSTOM JOBS] MTF Delta-1

[MISC] SILVER ENJOYER // Permanent Guns: Trench Knife, Karambit Black Laminate, Hatchet 

3 hours ago, Wassabi said:

+Support

-Decent Activity

-Good staff

Current Ranks: None LMAO
Former Ranks: SCP RP: Former CI 2LT l  l Former D5 2LT l Former Senior Moderator l Former RRH Guardian Juliet 7 Level 100 Gang
Imperial RP: Former DT 1SGT l Former IF Senior Agent l Former Naval Commander 
Police RP: Former Police CPL l Former SRT PVT l Worst Police RP PVPER

+support 

Hes very active and knows the rules

Good application 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+support
Elevates a great member of the staff team, knows his way around the rules, extremely active and friendly. All his responses to the questions are well done. I think elevate would make an amazing admin and can really help the server out.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

I think everyone above me has said it best, Elevate would make an amazing admin so +Support

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

On 2/4/2023 at 2:56 PM, Wassabi said:

+Support

-Decent Activity

-Good staff

+support great member of staff and I believe he will make a great and really helpful Admin!

Current: Manager of Interrogations | D5 VCMDR | G9 QUETZALCOATL GT3 | A1 CSM Nightshade 
Former: Councilman of Internal Affairs Agency | Gensec PVT | RRH Foxtrot 26 | G9 Wraith GH1E11 LCPL | EXM RFM CCU RMS | Maintenance trainee x10 (trained by Spixe himself once! Had Lava fill out one test for me! Self-trained as well!)

Trial Moderator: 09/27/22 - 10/01/22 (round 2 12/04/23 - 12/13/23) | Moderator: 10/01/22 - 11/04/22 (round 2 12/13/23 - 1/18/24) | Senior Moderator: 11/04/22 - 2/8/23 (round 2 1/18/24 - 2/28/24) | Admin: 2/8/23 - 4/2/23

On 2/5/2023 at 3:17 PM, profredfly said:

+Support

+well thought out application

+well thought out answers
+activity is great

+SCMD + LCMD
+would be a W admin

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member