Add Green Crosshair or something denoting EOI/ New research spy class - General Suggestion - Denied

Sean Johnson

What are you suggesting? - Hard code a green crosshair when someone is EOI. I don't know the coding side but maybe it would work if the  player recently changed from EOI to something else.

How would this change better the server? - I often see EOI complaining about friendly fire (and rightfully so). This means they either have to be researchers and still run the risk of  friendly fired, it also limits their disguises. If they disguise as a combatant CI aren't waiting to read the name, because if they aren't EOI you are dead or close to dead by the time they start shooting.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Might be hard to code but I have seen other servers do this.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - EOI Operatives and other R&D aspiring to join EOI. E4 and other CI who wont be malded at for shooting EOI.
Also could be added to new Research job when they get disguise kit.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/a

Edited by Sean Johnson

52 minutes ago, Hex-G said:

-Support

I think this would lead to meta game. Even if EOI where the only ones who could see other EOI with the green crosshair it would be easier to communicate through TS comms or just comms in general.

They have their own job to do which requires them to be in their own TS 
When they go onto an NU7 job say they no longer have access to CI comms. 

6 hours ago, Lovelock said:

-Support

If a friendly is killed there is no reason why people cannot do /advert crossfire and this is also why we have TS as it can be called out in TS of something going on for someone to use /site or /ff to inform others of the situation at hand

once again read above they do not have comms once they change job and they have a special TS room that they sit in kinda like E4

+support GODI HATE EOI I WANNA KILL THEWM ALL OMG PLEASE MAKE ME STOP AS I CAN NOT CONTROL MYSELF 

• Like 1

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

38 minutes ago, Destroyer2 said:

So to anyone who doesnt know what eoi is, they are like disguised members of CI, they can disguise as non combatants or nu7, while disguised they dont have comms. As E4 we can kill non combatants, and in the hell of fighting we have no idea who is EOI or who isnt.

Yeah I think some people are misunderstanding what this suggestion is asking for.

If it can be done then I don't see the harm; absolutely sucked when I was EOI getting cleaned up by fellow CI.

Don't see how it would lead to metagaming, unless this claim is just stemming from the previously mentioned misunderstanding of the suggestion.

+Support

On 1/18/2023 at 9:36 AM, Ozzie_ said:

Yeah I think some people are misunderstanding what this suggestion is asking for.

If it can be done then I don't see the harm; absolutely sucked when I was EOI getting cleaned up by fellow CI.

Don't see how it would lead to metagaming, unless this claim is just stemming from the previously mentioned misunderstanding of the suggestion.

+Support

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 11:42 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

I think this would lead to meta game. Even if EOI where the only ones who could see other EOI with the green crosshair it would be easier to communicate through TS comms or just comms in general.

-support

I have to agree with this comment about the suggestion.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

22 hours ago, HuntR said:

-support

I have to agree with this comment about the suggestion.

And again I have already said why that is impractical due to EOI having to use their own TS channel and losing access to CI comms when they change to the their job. 

Metagame is only brought up when convenient. How many times have cloakers talked and because they have CI or MTF in their name you assume they are on your side??? 

On 2/15/2023 at 10:54 PM, Solid Steps said:

-Support, seems like a useless system. Communication with your branch about your disguise can assist this. Perhaps introduce a secret password even, if you wanna be cool.

EOI do not have CI comms when they dress up, they loose TS comms and in game comms...

The Snipeof all Snipers
  Head Of Longshot, Major  ~  Nu7 SM G.O.C Deputy Head of Nail, CPLSVA, V4 ██████ IV E-11 SGT, La Feria

ezgif-5-1afe476b1c.gif.2124125d4fed17d7800b46ba52c6d55b.gif