Yamato's Trial Moderator Application (take 2)- Accepted

Yamato

Should i Become Staff  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Am i worthy of being placed upon the staff team?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Yamato

What is your steam name?: [GL] Ethan06 sups.gg

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:101762856

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Atago2.0#7434

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: Not very, just discord staffing and common sense 

What date did you start playing on the community? 2/5/21 

What date did you make your forums account? 3/2/21 

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?   2  

image.thumb.png.7acb1be1c93ab8ef95178673fa2b9316.png

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Bronze

Are you a staff member in another community? Nope 

Have you read the staff handbook? YES

Timezone: CST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Mod 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I deserve the rank because, I believe in myself as being a competent staff member worthy of being on the staff team. I simply wish to see how it plays out in my favor or if it plays out at all. I've been here for damn near a whole year and I'm well known amongst old community members. as for if i really am trustworthy enough to be a staff member is up to whoever reads this, I'm simply trying to join the team. I may not be the best but i will do the best every inch of the way and if that's not enough I'll keep trying.  Other reasons I could possible deserve the rank are from past visual experience with Staff sits and my personal detective skills,  being a great listener and not immediately throwing accusations until I have a full story, or at, least having rock hard evidence of the infraction. 

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
I'd try my hardest to reason with them, but if given visual evidence of their actions I have no choice but to issue the Formal warning and + 5 day ban.   I'd also include a Staff diss warning along with it. Finally, before administering all punishments I will calmly explain to them why they are receiving their punishments, so they understand what they did wrong and how they can fix it. 

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? 

Initially I'd separate all of them through either jailing or keeping them in a temporary prop cage, then Get all of their sides of the story. If they become uncooperative, I'll begin to reason with them saying things like: "The faster you tell me what i need to know, the faster you can go back to playing the game". or similar words.  If they completely refuse to help the case,  I'd have to warn or kick some of them as All I've been asking is their sides of the story and wanting to get the sit done as quickly and as effectively as possible without failing to represent the staff team and the server.

Once i find the main trouble maker(s) i'll release the others and decide the punishment of the trouble maker(s).

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? 

If they don't care then why should I care? they simply waste my time from doing my job as staff, give their punishment and stack punishment if they further break the rules. you can't reason with someone who refuses to listen. .
BUT punishments will stack based on attitude and actions in the sit, if they Leave the game/server (LTAP) I'll provide the required Formal warning along with the 3day ban. .
If they act disrespectful I'll kindly ask them to stop and fix their attitude, issue a verbal warning, if they continue then a formal warning.   AND if they continue after that give yet another warning and Jail them(600 seconds).
IF they resort to racism/transphobia etc then I'll administer a 1 week ban + any extra ban time there is. Or is they get out of hand, a perma ban.  

As stated above, If you can't reason with someone, why deal with them, administer the punishments and go along with your day, toxic people are bad for the community. 

Edited by Yamato
Community feedback.

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

2 hours ago, Chineseman said:

+support 
Good application and kind of short at the same time
Answers can be improve a little bit
Very friendly

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

+Support  
-Some Scenarios still look pretty rushed
+Great guy
+Friendly
+ The "Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?" is pretty good

Edited by Giga
Updated the Support based on updated application

5 hours ago, Lovelock said:

No proof of warns

- Has not hit the 150 word minimum mark

- The scenarios look rushed

- No vote poll

2 hours ago, Giga said:

Support 
-The Senarios look pretty rushed except the second one
-Vote poll is missing and warning proof is missing

Scenario 1 was deffinitely rushed i will say that.    I fixed warn proof and and vote poll.  the 'why i should deserve the rank' thing is small because i didn't want to seem desperate and include a whole backstory to my case.  
and I will be reading over the handbook as the day goes on. 

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

3 hours ago, Giga said:

+Support  
-Kind rushed but understandable
+Great guy
+Friendly

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

I do not mean to sound a broken record but you must have 150 words minimum as you have to explain why you should be accepted as staff 109 words is going to get you denied and knowing you said that a scenario was rushed from experience you need to take the time to think and explain on what you would do in those types of situations as you may find yourself in sits like that I am sorry but my vote will remain the same as I feel you need more time to think on why you feel you should be staff

11 hours ago, Giga said:

+Support  
-Some Scenarios still look pretty rushed
+Great guy
+Friendly

You've got my support, the spots you edited look a lot better and your answers to the questions look relatively thought out even if you apparently rushed on one of them (I couldn't figure out which one that was).

Best of luck and if/when you get Tmod I'd be happy to help shadow when necessary!

Current: Manager of Interrogations | D5 VCMDR | G9 QUETZALCOATL GT3 | A1 CSM Nightshade 
Former: Councilman of Internal Affairs Agency | Gensec PVT | RRH Foxtrot 26 | G9 Wraith GH1E11 LCPL | EXM RFM CCU RMS | Maintenance trainee x10 (trained by Spixe himself once! Had Lava fill out one test for me! Self-trained as well!)

Trial Moderator: 09/27/22 - 10/01/22 (round 2 12/04/23 - 12/13/23) | Moderator: 10/01/22 - 11/04/22 (round 2 12/13/23 - 1/18/24) | Senior Moderator: 11/04/22 - 2/8/23 (round 2 1/18/24 - 2/28/24) | Admin: 2/8/23 - 4/2/23

58 minutes ago, War_Fruitt said:

ou've got my support, the spots you edited look a lot better and your answers to the questions look relatively thought out even if you apparently rushed on one of them (I couldn't figure out which one that was).

I edited all the question answers so they're atleast not as rushed as they were 

• Like 1

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
1 Year DHBHM 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, Chineseman said:

+support 
Good application and kind of short at the same time
Answers can be improve a little bit
Very friendly

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT