General Suggestion - Cooldown after being infected by 610 - Denied

Tazza

What are you suggesting? - A cooldown added when you get infected by SCP-610

How would this change better the server? - make it easier to recontain SCP-610

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I dont see any

Who would this change mostly benefit? - everyone besides 610 mains

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

14 minutes ago, Diz said:

+ Support

610 is annoying as hell and can easily cause a code nuke

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+Support

Something like 10 - 20 secs would probably be good for this. 

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

+ Support

Yeah 610 can become really annoying if there aren't any D4/Alpha Units aren't flagged up.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

-Support

The threat of a massive chain reaction is what makes 610 powerful and fun

Removing the ability of the chain reaction will make sticking in a massive group the main strategy (like it already is for everything other than 342) 
The strat now is to play smart and and in small groups or alone. small firing lines and being mobile to outplay the 610 and force him to think of another strategy.
(wardens had one hell of a strat of a massive firing line)

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

-Support
I am gonna state a few reasons.

first, what Panda said. Its more fun to have many 610 instances running around,
and killing, then having 2 being killed by 40 MTF. 

Next, most people dont really have a big problem with this. The maximum time I have seen a 610 breach

is around 10-15 minutes. 

Last, there are many strats that would just be ruined by doing that. Like the Wardens Firing Line at 173 CC.
Many more too.

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

On 3/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, PandaInShitpostLand said:

-Support

Removing the ability of the chain reaction will make sticking in a massive group the main strategy (like it already is for everything other than 342) 
The strat now is to play smart and and in small groups or alone. small firing lines and being mobile to outplay the 610 and force him to think of another strategy.

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

On 3/9/2022 at 8:12 PM, PandaInShitpostLand said:

-Support

this exactly, come on guys this is an SCP:RP server not a PvP call of duty lobby, we should be focusing on SCPs and making the server more based around them instead of combat... thats the whole point of scp roleplay in my opinion 

RETIRED

7 hours ago, Obito said:

this exactly, come on guys this is an SCP:RP server not a PvP call of duty lobby, we should be focusing on SCPs and making the server more based around them instead of combat... thats the whole point of scp roleplay in my opinion 

As an avid roleplayer powerful SCPs /= better RP. If anything half these SCPs would be so much easier to RC because the foundation has discovered methods to recontain them. SCP breaches are combat, not roleplay, and long duration breaches keep roleplayers locked up in bunks or otherwise incapable of performing their duties.

+Support as 610 is far too powerful right now, giving 10 seconds from infection to infection makes more sense in lore anyways as infections are not immediately contagious from one person to the next.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+Support

I think giving it a 10 second cool down would help but not overly hinder the SCP's ability. 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM