Otter’s OS Application

Yeppes

1. What’s your In-Game Name?  Otter/Lars

2. What’s your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:34212074

3. What is your Rank? Maintenance Expert (Otter)

4. Total strikes you’ve ever received? 0

5. How many warnings do you have on GL? 3

6. On a scale of 1-10, how active are you? I'd say 8 on a weekly scale.

7. Why do you believe you should become a Maintenance Command member (100+ words)? I believe that I could do more for the branch by joining ranks of command, people in it are great and I do want to give my support in order to help and improve it, I've been a member of command for Medical before and I'm currently the active Commander of Nu7, so I'd like to assume that I have more than enough experience necessary when it comes to being part of command. I look at my activity in various aspects of the branch and believe that I'd be able to do more and better once I acquire the position, including the fact I'd be able to track the activity of the enlisted and give them advice when others aren't able to like I've done for other branches I've been apart of.

[The following questions are intended to test your response and ability as command. You must answer 2 (two) of the questions, though you may answer all 3 if you wish.]

8-1. A Utility Trainee has escaped the training room and is refusing to return, how would you handle this? First of all I would calmly try to speak to them and explain that they shouldn't be getting away on the trainee job and that it is against the rules and the fact it could cause problems for others, if that doesn't help I'll try to cuff them and warn them of  the consequences if they don't comply, if that still didn't work I'd put them on DNT and use the demote command to get them off the trainee job. If the trainee was reported in a location and I couldn't reach them then I'd try messaging them directly, if no response was given after I've received multiple reports of the trainee running away I'd demote them and make sure the training room is closed before reapproaching them in case they flagged up on the trainee job later and act accordingly with what I've said first.

8-2. Some enlisted members have begun RDMing each other in bunks as a way to pass time, what would you do in this situation? Given the recent map change and the fact RDM in bunks is no longer possible I'd tell them to keep it down since the sound of guns and our tools could disturb other people. I wouldn't strike them unless they purposefully kept making it loud for prolonged amount of time or were continously attacking someone despite their clear demands to stop. Depending on the severity of their actions I'd give them a verbal warning or a just a reminder.

8-3. A Junior Maintenance is breaking multiple SOP rules such as improperly using tools and disregarding DEFCON rules, what are your next steps? Since they're new I'd explain to them all the rules they've broken and try to "retrain" them given it would be a genuine series of misunderstandings and lack of knowledge, after that if caught I'd follow up with a verbal warning and then proceed to a strike if it happened once again. In case I recognized their breaking of rules as intentional minging from my interaction I'd hand out the verbal warning while performing the same explaining procedure and be less hesitant upon upon witnessing it repeat as I'd hand out the strike.

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)

+ Support

Very dedicated person.

Mature.

Has been utility command before.

Otter.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Very dedicated person.

Mature.

Has been utility command before.

Otter.

-Support

Not enough Otter.

But for real, mass +Support

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

+Support

Otter is a very active and dedicated member of maintenance.
Otter has plenty of relevant command experience under his belt.
Otter has provided very good and detailed answers to all three of the questions even though one is optional.
Otters application is well written and to the point.

Good luck, Otter!

~ MM CSM Lo Wang Ex Nova VCMDR Mixtru NT03 Ex Lord VIII Mixtru

3 hours ago, mixtru said:

+Support

Otter has provided very good and detailed answers to all three of the questions even though one is optional.

Good luck, Otter!

FormerCI CPT SFTO Head Of Hotshot | RRH Guardian Juliet 13| Assistant Head Of Medical SCP-RP Senior Moderator

okoko.PNG.cb906bef7bb641ec688c5dc8028fb16d.PNG

On 11/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, mixtru said:

+Support

Good luck, Otter!

ACCEPTED

You have been promoted at the meeting, contact a member of High Command to be trained.

Welcome to command.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer