General Suggestion - Self-Defense rule clarification regarding SCP-912 - Denied

Zombinator

What are you suggesting? - Add a line to SCP-912's rules that states "Though SCP-912 is classified as a combatant, he is prohibited from right-clicking D-Class and CI personnel except in self defense, or in defense of other Foundation Staff or Class-Ds only."

Current self-defense rules state:

"The self defense clause is satisfied by observing CI personnel, D-Class or SCPs attack other non-combatants or being attacked themselves.
D-Class that interfere with Site operations and are armed may be killed as long as it doesn't violate FearRP."

I would like to clarify the rules regarding SCP-912's right click of his baton. The baton right click deals ten damage and assists in stunning players quicker because it is on a separate cooldown from the left click. I would like the same self defense clause that applies to non-combatants to apply to SCP-912 so that when lives are actually in danger he may take more desperate measures to subdue threats. In short, I would like the right click option to be clearly stated as available under current self-defense rules.

How would this change better the server? - When there are three Class-D or CI rioting and actively dealing damage to himself or those under his protection, SCP-912 becomes much more able to provide effective defense. This change would solidify SCP-912 as a protective force for the Foundation as he would only be able to right click legal targets that are dealing legal damage, much the same as The RIG, Advanced Combat Medic and Mobile Mop Force classes which are already always exempt from this rule, and are considered combatant classes though SCP-912 would only be able to take these actions under the self-defense clause. He is currently the only combatant that cannot participate in self-defense outright and I believe this to be an oversight that would benefit everyone by being clarified. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - This change would make escaping as a Class-D or raiding as a CI slightly more difficult, though a group of three armed people will still quickly overwhelm SCP-912.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP-912, all Foundation Staff.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

selfdefense.jpg

+Support

The more in depth wording and added clarification of the rules 912 has to follow will increase the enjoyment, playability, and role play/realism when encountering SCP-912, this is a very well formulated suggestion that I recommend taking into consideration :)

• Gaminglight Love 1

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

11 hours ago, TheHumanPiano said:

+Support

The more in depth wording and added clarification of the rules 912 has to follow will increase the enjoyment, playability, and role play/realism when encountering SCP-912, this is a very well formulated suggestion that I recommend taking into consideration 🙂

• Gaminglight Love 1

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

Are you asking that SCP 912 be prohibited from attacking and damaging people that aren't attacking him or others? Because if that's the case, that's already a thing, it would be called RDM. The only difference is that if 912 sees a non-GENSEC or MTF member with a weapon out he orders them to put it away first, and then attacks.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

Are you asking that SCP 912 be prohibited from attacking and damaging people that aren't attacking him or others? Because if that's the case, that's already a thing, it would be called RDM. The only difference is that if 912 sees a non-GENSEC or MTF member with a weapon out he orders them to put it away first, and then attacks.

I believe what he’s referring to is that many 912’s don’t use the damaging right click, instead using the non-damaging left click. He wants the rules to cover when it’s ok to actually deal damage instead of just stunning

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Part1.PNG.33edb3f23e234103ce7514a6fd91a589.PNG

What do ya'll think "Attack" means? To tickle them? 
Why would 912 only be allowed to deal damage in self defence? He's an anomaly that's known for being easy to trigger a violent response from if you attempt to violate any sort of law.

• Gaminglight Love 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

2 hours ago, Phillers said:

Part1.PNG.33edb3f23e234103ce7514a6fd91a589.PNG

What do ya'll think "Attack" means? To tickle them? 
Why would 912 only be allowed to deal damage in self defence? He's an anomaly that's known for being easy to trigger a violent response from if you attempt to violate any sort of law.

912 i’m pretty sure in a log brutally beat up a criminal on the streats for a simple infraction pretty sure. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

5 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

Every time I use the damaging right click I am told that I am not allowed to use it. I am wanting clarity about this.

1 hour ago, Zombinator said:

Every time I use the damaging right click I am told that I am not allowed to use it. I am wanting clarity about this.

If you meet the criteria to legally attack another player you can use either the left or right click, otherwise you wouldn't have the option.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 11/4/2021 at 2:18 PM, Chief_ said:

912 i’m pretty sure in a log brutally beat up a criminal on the streats for a simple infraction pretty sure. 

= Support 《 Neutral 》

Note: You are Right.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 2:20 PM, TheHumanPiano said:

+Support

The more in depth wording and added clarification of the rules 912 has to follow will increase the enjoyment, playability, and role play/realism when encountering SCP-912, this is a very well formulated suggestion that I recommend taking into consideration 🙂

• 1 month later...